Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5418&start_row=31

bible is falsehood

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 2:21:43 PM

- as an Orthodox Christian. Not as rastaman sight the bible. He is a defender of the orthodox Faith. I stress this point because many brothers including Bob Marley have left the trod of rastafari and joined the Orthodox Church. It is not possible to blend the two.
- My problem is in the knowledge that Christianity in Ethiopia comes from the Greeks and the Syrians. And I don't trust them and their intentions. History teaches i not to. Our search is for indigenous spirituality which His Majesty said we must look for.
"......Ethiopia has been from ancient times well known for her hospitality, and this is not the first time she has welcomed holy fathers like yourselves. From the 4th century AD onward monks and saints have come from Egypt, Syria and other Christian countries to Ethiopia and have been received with high honor and great respect. To mention only a few among those who are canonized in the Ethiopian church the Nine Saints who came from different countries of the Middle East and Abuna Gebre-Menfus-Kidus are examples. These holy fathers, preaching and establishing monasteries in various parts of Our country have greatly contributed to Ethiopian Christianity. Therefore, many churches and monasteries are dedicated to them in undying memory of the spiritual services which they rendered to our country.

"In ancient times, when the Faith of the whole Church was one, Our country had the closest relations with the Emperors of Christian Byzantium. At the time when several Christian Peoples in the North became subservient to non-Christian powers, our country gladly provided asylum to thousands of Christian refugees. It had equally given asylum from religious persecution at an earlier date to the followers of the founder of Islam. Only when our own immediate neighbors ceased to be Christians did our contacts with our fellow-Christians in the North and East become difficult to maintain. Ethiopia, an island of Christianity, has make her own distinctive contribution to the Christian faith; for, ever since her conversion to Christianity she has remained faithful, her age-old ties with the Apostolic church uninterrupted. For this reason she is universally renowned as the faithful daughter of St Mark of Alexandria.

- There are many rasta who cannot and will not subscribe to a daughter faith of Mark of Alexandra. None at all.....

"We seek, at this meeting, to determine whither we are going and to chart the course of our destiny. It is no less important that we know whence we came. An awareness of our past is essential to the establishment of our personality and our identity as Africans.

"This world was not created piecemeal. Africa was born no later and no earlier than any other geographical area on this globe. Africans, no more and no less than other men, possess all human attributes, talents and deficiencies, virtues and faults. Thousands of years ago, civilisations flourished in Africa which suffer not at all by comparison with those of other continents. In those centuries, Africans were politically free and economically independent. Their social patterns were their own and their cultures truly indigenous.

"Today, we look to the future calmly, confidently and courageously. We look to the vision of an Africa not merely free but united. In facing this new challenge, we can take comfort and encouragement form the lessons of the past. We know that there are differences among us. Africans enjoy different cultures, distinctive values, special attributes. But we also know that unity can be and has been attained among men of the most disparate origins, that differences of race, of religion, of culture, of tradition, are no insuperable obstacles to the coming together of peoples. History teaches us that unity is strength and cautions us to submerge and overcome our differences in the quest for common goals, to strive with all our combined strength, for the path to true African brotherhood and unity.

As pointed out in my other thread with the fire. I have no issue with a man extracting and building from the bible should he choose. But where in the bible there is anti-African theme or skewed and erroneous accounts of Afrixan history. It is here and then when there is a conflict.
When this conflict occurs, some will stick with the proAfrican reality and some will stick to the Bible reality. This is where Garveys Africa comes in.

I want ones to remember Haile Selassie was a defender of the orthodox faith. If you are orthodox Christian then I salute you. But if you are claiming rasta, and then claiming HIMs interpretation and view of the bible - but not the part where we define who god is - but the other parts - but maybe not 'this' part.... And so on..... Then bring on the confusion.

The goal is African supremacy / united negro improvement. One is to use whatever tools he can to achieve this. If this includes the bible then so be it, if not then move on.

His Majesty constantly reminded us that we must be in unity. And there are many paths to the same destination. He said this numerous times. Now he has explained how Christianity and the Bible came to Ethiopia - from Byzantine Europe and Mark of Alexandria. It is up to I to choose I best path. I search to move past any "temporary expedients designed to serve only until we have established the conditions which will bring total African unity within our reach."

"But through all that has been said and written and done in these years, there runs a common theme. Unity is the accepted goal. We argue about means; We discuss alternative paths to the same objectives; We engage in debates about techniques and tactics. But when semantics are stripped away, there is little argument among us. We are determined to create a union of Africans. In a very real sense, our continent is unmade; it still awaits its creation and its creators. It is our duty and privilege to rouse the slumbering giant of Africa, not to the nationalism of Europe in the Nineteenth Century, not to regional consciousness, but to the vision of a single African brotherhood bending its united efforts toward the achievement of a greater and nobler goal.
"Thus, a period of transition is inevitable. Old relations and arrangements may, for a time linger. Regional organizations may fulfill legitimate functions and needs which cannot yet be otherwise satisfied. But the difference is in this: that we recognise these circumstances for what they are -- temporary expedients designed to serve only until we have established the conditions which will bring total African unity within our reach."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 2:41:29 PM

The point of that long winded post was in that while His Majesty told us of his love for the bible. He also told us nothing is static, everything has a time for change. He taught us to seek knowledge of self and knowledge of our indigenous African story and cultures. Sometimes this creates conflict - African history according to history and African history according to the bible. Problem number one
We then learn that Christianity in Ethiopia comes from Europeans, despite what many think. 'Daughter of the church of Alexandria". While it may not have - almost certainly wasn't - available during much of the reign of HIM, the knowledge of the church of Alexandria, and knowledge of Kemet has come full surface. And when one comes to an understanding of this, the last thing one is drawn to (in the name of African redemption an itection of all things indigenous) is the faith of the church of Alexandria. Man would have to fight against that....
He also taught that there are many different destinations to the same path. And we must be unified in our common goal, as Africans, for the improvement of Africans at home and abroad.
Now we have the benefit of retrospect would we really say over the past 100, 200 years, Christianity or the bible has been positive for Africans - not just Ethiopians - as a whole?

We are all already familiar with the bible. It seems we need a new rallying point.
This is where I stand

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 1/19/2014 3:04:24 PM

"The goal is African supremacy / united negro improvement. One is to use whatever tools he can to achieve this. If this includes the bible then so be it, if not then move on."

Then so be it.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 3:11:17 PM

Yeah, my whole purpose on this topic has not been to discourage all Rasta away from the bible. None at all. But far too often ones get carried away and it becomes a driving force away from the sense of African pride, and history. If ones go into the bible it should be in search of that principle, not to fight against it.

This certainly wasn't the case with his Majesty. And from what I have seen the I post, neither for the I.

Live up king

+ man been playing that Noel Ellis all day, a long time I no hear that one. More fire.....

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 1/19/2014 3:33:45 PM

Bless

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/19/2014 4:11:55 PM

No we don't need a new rallying point. we already have one given to us by the Most High Emperor Haile Selassie I. What we need is to do is share what you have read, post it up, let I and I reason about what you have read or heard. Together we reason. Don't just sit there all by yourself. Help your neighbour just as you have helped yourself.

Jah Bless

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/19/2014 4:22:56 PM

GarveyAfrica
Live up my king.
The I a real African warrior

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/28/2014 9:17:20 PM

I just got to say the Bible New and old testament has been I foundationn since born, and much be for I'm sure, To I it is sacred, to I it taught I how to live better, more true, it's only false to to who reject the teachings as true because they BELEIVE in the lies for truth and the truth as fiction. Fact is stranger than fiction. There is more we can't see than what we can the Bible has taught I, I read many books but Bible is always open, it's what I was born into, my spiritual foundation, if I was born into buddist family and country that would be my foundation I sure, I learn from Egypt story's, I learn from buddist knowledge, and it help I rise in knowledge wisdom oherstanding,but my foundation is Christ and His Word ofJah that is in the Bible.
It's false to those who disbelieve, but true to the believers...

I'm not offering doubt, I am offering Faith, to BELEIVE in the unbelievable not taking as falsehood, but as truth are the miracles, from Moses to Jesus. The exorcism s...raising the dead, walking on water, change water to wine.
I'm offering the idea to grow your faith, as a man beleives so he be living. Our beliefs and faith can be walls of limitations and boundrys we imprison ourselves in or can be the wings we fly with and spirit we are mighty and conquered with.

The masses in bible days always were deceived the prophet of Jah was speaking falsehood and that the false prophet was speaking truth!

"Stop doubting and believe."

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/28/2014 9:29:11 PM

John chapter 20

25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/28/2014 9:37:50 PM

I'm offering the idea to grow your faith, as a man beleives so he be living. Our beliefs and faith can be walls of limitations and boundrys we imprison ourselves in or can be the wings we fly with and spirit we are mighty and conquerors with.....
Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari !

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I