Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5414&start_row=611

Burn JC and Burn bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 270271 - 280281 - 290291 - 300
301 - 310311 - 320321 - 330331 - 340341 - 350351 - 360361 - 370371 - 380381 - 390391 - 400
401 - 410411 - 420421 - 430431 - 440441 - 450451 - 460461 - 470471 - 480481 - 490491 - 500
501 - 510511 - 520521 - 530531 - 540541 - 550551 - 560561 - 570571 - 580581 - 590591 - 600
601 - 610611 - 620621 - 630631 - 640641 - 650651 - 660661 - 670671 - 680681 - 690691 - 700
701 - 710711 - 720721 - 730731 - 740741 - 750751 - 760761 - 770771 - 780781 - 790791 - 800
801 - 810811 - 820821 - 830831 - 840841 - 850851 - 860861 - 870871 - 880881 - 890891 - 900
901 - 910911 - 920921 - 930931 - 940941 - 950951 - 960961 - 970971 - 980981 - 990991 - 1000
1001 - 10101011 - 1020
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/16/2019 5:38:51 AM

G.A.,
I&i sense a chip on your shoulder. i may be misreading your words, but i sense a hostility against Christianity and the Bible which is unworthy of (or, at least, incongruous with) someone who has obviously invested so much in educating himself. Lumping all Christians and/or all expressions of Christianity under one pejorative paradigm projects an intolerance and angry underpinning that is more reminiscent of a Klansman than a Rastaman. Again, i may be misinterpreting your words and, if so, my apologies. It's just that the sentiment suggested by the semantics of an expression like "noosed to the Bible" seems to tar every application of the Bible to people's spiritual endeavors/pursuits with the same negative brush regardless of the totality of their faith.
His Majesty was vocally appreciative of the value of the Bible. To insinuate that His Majesty was somehow just a gullible African "noosed to the Bible" would, to me at least, appear to be seriously off base.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/16/2019 5:52:45 AM

OF COURSE I have hostility toward the Bible.

I represent a group of people who were LITERALLY noosed to the Bible. Please be mindful of this. There is no error or misinterpretation or apology attached to that phrase

I represent a race of people who were ONLY introduced to the Bible and Christianity through TERRORISM. The ONLY exception being Ethiopia and even then we learn it was foreign influence and persuasion.

There is nothing PanAfrican or Black Supreme about that. A return to ones BLACKNESS ....FREE from European influence is the definition of heaven for InI. Feel no way. INI a Black Supreme Rastafari as documented in the Promise key and Parchment scrolls. InI domicile on a former slave plantation island saw the image of a Sovereign African King in Haile Selassie which made InI see the divinity within I and claim RASTAFARI as I. A man who sits on a throne which outdates Christianity and Christian and European ways of thinking

And people will say "But Ethiopian Christianity is different to western christianity" it is STILL foreign! And it's ONLY different because it contains REMNANTS of what was there BEFORE Christianity reached Ethiopia. What InI were practicing BEFOREhand. Kushite livity. Black supreme

Literally the first time my Ancestors heard of Jesus was aboard a slave ship. SS Jesus! And people have the INDECENY to assume that what InI were practicing beforehand was subservient...lesser... Not as important ...more savage...Not as enlightened as Christianity. How white privileged of a thought. Typically babylonian. The fact the contents of the Bible approve Slavery and tell InI to be loving toward slavemaster with countless stories of God ordained capture land activities is just extra sauce to the shitstew. I Rejoyce when I see African cultures today untouched and unpoisened by Babylon...European and Christian mindset. How dare anyone claim those kindred are any LESS spiritually advanced and closer to what people think they mean by the German word God

InI the original King Alpha and Queen Omega Rastaman Obeahman Jujuman VoodooMan in full African reparative thought

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/16/2019 6:16:02 AM

And that's exactly what this thread is about. One of the most epic highly controversial without a any apology Bible critiquing and burning without any fear threads ever witnessed

BLACKMAN AND WOMBMAN TAKE THE CHAIN OFF YOUR BRAIN

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/16/2019 6:57:16 AM

Okay, so I&i wasn't misreading: You definitely have a huge chip on those shoulders. All i can say is that remembering the wickedness that was done as a lesson versus harboring that same wickedness as an eternal grudge are two totally different things; one of which is very corrosive to the soul and the ability to forward in this generation with Love and Inity for All Imanity.

I&i very much into the study of history (some would say i devote too much time to it). The one thing we can observe from history unequivocally is that man's abuse of his fellow man based upon every type of difference (real or imagined) that you can think of is appalling. One thing that we see repeatedly throughout history contributing to such abuse is resentment, grudges and a thirst for revenge. This is why the hope and promise of Forgiveness are so critical to the future peace and harmonious coexistence of Imanity. His Majesty's appreciation of the importance of Forgiveness was more than just causal:

"We wish to recall here the spirit of tolerance shown by Our Lord Jesus Christ when He gave Forgiveness to all including those that crucified Him.” - H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

There is so much animosity and HateDread in the Babylon through which we trod. The Babylon System expertly fans the flames of our divisions and the memories of the past crimes against us to induce us to perpetuate violence and foment new crimes for the next generation to avenge. The only means by which we interrupt this pattern, render the Babylon System's inducements to divisiveness and hostility worthless, and defeat the Babylon System; are through forgiveness and brotherly/sisterly Love.

As I&i wrote in another post:
"The nation of a man's origin or the color of his skin are inalterable and undeniable facts of the worldly reality in which we dwell; however, in the struggle against Babylon, the less readily apparent reality of the Oneness of all Imanity must made to take precedence over our worldly differences if we are to put Our Vision to Reality in the victory of Good over evil -- the Triumph of JAH Love over the Babylon System.
If an embrace of, and pride in, one's national identity and/or race can be harmoniously coupled with the Oneness of Imanity so as to provide I&i additional strength in the struggle, then that is a beautiful resonance."

Or as the inspiring lyrics "So JAH Sey" by Bob Marley & the Wailers put it:

"And verily, verily, I'm saying unto the I
Inite oneself and love Imanity
Cause puss and dog they get together
What's wrong with loving one another?
Puss and dog they get together
What's wrong with you my brother?"

i am as well-versed as most historians in the crimes throughout history perpetrated by people invoking the Bible and/or claiming to act in compliance with its teachings; but let's not forget, ignore, trivialize or deny the men and women of peace or the selfless caregivers who have invoked that same Bible as their inspiration and guidance for the positive contributions that they have made to Imanity. Most of all, let's not ignore how many people have resisted the temptation to seek violent revenge, thereby perpetuating the goals of the Babylon System, because of the example of Forgiveness by Jesus Christ that they found in a Bible.

In other worlds, letting go of & expelling the toxins of past wrongs from one's soul is not the same as forgetting about the wrongdoing or the lessons learned from it -- we should never forget, but we should never empower wickedness to keep us from loving our brothers and sisters throughout Imanity and respecting their efforts to lead spiritually richer, more Righteous lives.

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 1/16/2019 7:34:50 AM

I find myself more happier for finding this website to reason with the I. It's hard to have conversations like this in Detroit, MI. But anyway, reasons why I seek the most High is because I owe it up to him. No one but him could have gotten me out of the ditch I was in. When I was a child, I was really a bad kid, and at the same time Jah was still there, he never did forsake me. I knew the only way to give him thanks, is to changed my dirty habits and to find him in me. My family are Christians, which made me a Christian at the time. Then after awhile I think the only way I knew about Rastafari and Bob Marley is because my parents are Jamaican. Which made me explore, and read thousands of books about Rastafari. And that's when I saw the true Israel light, and released the shackles off my feet. I don't have a religion. I'm just a Rastafari. Jah didn't made religions he made covenants and agreements that all mankind should follow. I see Haile Selassie as Jah, man in man, that Jah manifest his divine mystic power into Haile Selassie to bring good into this world. Look at the signs that the Conquering Lion brought upon this world. And out of nowhere he quoted Bob Marley lyrics in his speech, and he visited Jamaica, all of this was signs to make Rastafari backbone stronger.

Also Overstand in the biblical time it was so much mystic in the air that couldn't be explained. So no matter what knowledge, research, science, etc... trying to prove Jah isn't real; those resources will only be fooling thierself. Nothing in this universe is much higher than the most High.

But yeah... That's my concept. My temple, my life will always be praising Jah. Forever loving Jah

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/16/2019 8:04:02 AM

Nesta1,

Big up to you! I truly respect the intelligence and wisdom you have shared. Your lack of dogma is very refreshing. You and others here understand the deeper "spirit" that is the foundation of the true spiritual journey. The true spiritual journey is beyond words and titles given by books authored by men. In the true spiritual journey these things are symbols and archetypes leading one back to one's self and the divinity within. That's why H.I.M is something we can agree on. Any real truth will always bring one's consciousness back to reflect upon itself. In an algorithm that's how the cycle completes so that when it begins again you learn from the sequence and grow. The problem with modern religion is that it has been so corrupted and co opted that it doesn't bring people to Jah. It brings people to a ghostly Santa Clause that promises them what their hearts desire. Heaven... wealth... eternal life.... all temptations of the FLESH! We live eternally through reproduction just as our cells divide and reproduce so even if older cells die they are replaced by newer cells. That is the truth.

The Jah in the book is a version constructed by men who believed Jah was the answer to THEIR problems. Whether it was slavery or poverty or war... all these things create the desire to escape those things. But the desire to escape those things often causes one to perpetuate those things by doing them to someone else. Why is it that people who suffer sexual abuse often end up abusing others? Robbed of their power they seek to get their power back. R Kelly is a perfect example. But this need... want... desire... becomes cancerous... out of control. It corrupts the mind.

The Bible is a bitter book that when fully digested will lead you out of the bible. Many who completely read the bible with an open mind end up rejecting it. However, it... like anything else is part of the journey. It should teach one that the answers are not "out there". They are not exterior. They are within you. That is where Jah is. And Jah cannot be defined by Moses; by a man who murdered and committed genocide against his own people. What Internal Godhead would claim death as a punishment for disbelief in any god, internal or external? Killing the person ends their spiritual journey and keeps them from learning anything from their errors. But it does more than that. It strikes fear into the hearts of others who would contemplate whether or not this external God (of Moses) exists.

Evolution presents the idea that the fittest survive. But then you have to define the term 'fit'. What if a person kills everyone he deems to be unfit? What if the 'fit' people in that person's estimation are actually weaker? It is well known that Adolph Hitler thought that blond hair and blue eyes were superior. And he sought to intervene in evolution by protecting them and killing dark hair, brown eyed Jews. A master race? It has since been proven that they were weaker.

What if Moses wasn't saving the strongest minds but rather executing the strongest minds; the people who were critical thinkers who didn't accept his claims that he and only he had talked to this God and he and only he had seen this God and so he and only he could speak for this God. Those people were killed. No one can convince me this was the will of the Internal Jah who is love. No one can convince me this action was righteous and virtuous. Moses claims Jah is jealous but jealousy is an emotion based on FEAR. Fear is not a strength, but a sign of weakness. It is a lack of confidence that you can succeed. Am I wrong?

What if Moses simply needed them to be afraid in order to rule them? And so for generations he allowed a corrupt image of God to reign supreme and people emulated that God, including his cruelty, stoning each other, enslaving each other, etc. And only after JC taught a new version of God did people start emulating the more fatherly characteristics. They started to abandon slavery and eye for an eye. The version of God had evolved.

The poor were always the most ignorant.

Knowledge and Wisdom are two different things. The poor were the least educated. Therefore they had a tendency to be the most superstitious. Superstition has always filled gaps of knowledge. And knowledge is power. For the few to maintain their power it often involved keeping the masses uneducated and ignorant. This is why ivy league schools are created for the offspring of the wealthy, and priced out of the hands of the poor. Most of the poor in ancient times couldn't read or write. They focused on farming and cattle; the things that the rich also survived on even though they did none of these things themselves. So the process of surviving on the backs of the poor the rich actually lose or decline in values and morality while the poor gain strength in these things. And so it is BECAUSE the poor are better people they are also more subject to be manipulated in their superstitions. For them God is more of a feeling. For the intellectuals God is more of an intellectual notion.

When the elite claim to be the children of the gods do they really believe this? Or are they taking advantage of the beliefs of the masses who don't get even the illusion of a democratic vote. When Ahkenaton tried to replace the Egyptian pantheon with one God, what was perhaps and intellectual debate was rejected by the people who were loyal to their old ways and their old gods and that is what was their 'culture' (reinforced shared programming algorithm). Moses wasn't poor. He was one of them; one of the elite. Perhaps his values matched the values of the elite instead of the values of the Hebrews he enslaved to his will. Why do I say enslaved? Why didn't black slaves run off the plantation the first chance they got? After awhile they were controlled and kept by fear. So if I actually see a bunch of people get stabbed because they worshiped the golden calf how much do I want to risk anyone finding out that I don't believe Moses? And the history is told by those who believed Moses, not those who feared him. Those who feared him had every motive to stay silent because they might get stoned for simply thinking different.

Even in a space like this... it still takes a certain amount of braveness bordering on what one might call "gangsta"... so even say out loud that one doesn't necessarily believe what everyone else around believes or seems to believe because how will we ever even know what everyone believes if everyone is afraid of being publicly metaphorically "stoned"? Maybe more people agree with you than not but the environment is antithetical to free thought that opposes it. And so when we embrace religion in many cases we embrace slavery of thought. This is why I believe religion should evolve based on what we know now; based on the poor having access to the internet just like the rich. We need the knowledge of the rich combined with and balanced with the wisdom and values of the poor to remake society in the image of the internal Jah that lives forever, not the invisible Yahweh of Moses who only Moses spoke to and who led corrupt men to mislead the people.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/16/2019 8:24:57 AM

Rasmi,

From my perspective it isn't about burning the most high. It's about recognizing who the most high actually is. The people who became legends... who became messianic figures... these were people who were on spiritual journey. INSIDE... there is a path far outside of religion. INSIDE there is a God. That God is the goal you are trying to get to. The image of that God can be corrupted by greed, by jealousy, envy, strife, etc. If that image turns into a devil, a demon, then the essence of who you are begins to transform as your goal becomes darkness rather than light. Everyone has this internal struggle of conscience. And therefore God is absolutely real. This is why Haile Selassie was indeed the power of the trinity. The spirit of Jah is above us, in us, and through us.

What I reject are the "graven images" whether stone, wood, or conceptual, that God is invisible to me but not to you. I reject the idea that this external God would reveal himself to you while playing hide and seek with me with my salvation held hostage unless I believe, not God, but other humans and their credibility. If Yahweh or Allah told me to jump I would say "how high, my lord". But because they can't seem to agree their followers fight each other. And who benefits? I am done believing people who benefit from my belief. Because believing these people is confused for believing in God. You're not believing in God unless God said what you believe. But the only reason people believe God said anything in these "holy" books is because humans wrote those words and claimed that God spoke to them and other humans proclaimed these writings to be holy. If humans could figure out how to speak to the world through broadcast media, surely God could have figured that out from the beginning. He could have even implanted his voice in our minds so that we were born knowing that he existed. Instead, I'm forced to believe humans who I don't know? And I'm supposed to trust them based on the notion that they have been chosen by God? I would if God told me they were chosen. Otherwise, it seems more like they chose themselves. And since lying was invented before they were born there is no evidence that says they couldn't be lying.

Propaganda isn't truth. What is true is that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The spiritual path isn't the same for each person but I believe each person has one that is "god-given" or given by nature. Nature itself is divine. God is in nature because God is the spirit... the essence of all life. It is both Yin and Yang. It is the balance of power; positive and negative.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/16/2019 8:39:06 AM

This is worth repeating.

GA: Nuff Rastaman SCARED SHITLESS to put down the Bible and come OUT of Christianity stepping INTO an original paradigm. The mere fact NO black man was practicing Christianity before and without foreign interference.... is a sad fact many refuse to face. Africa is home to the most abundant plethora of spiritual paradigms completely outside and external to Abraham religions yet many brethren don't want to go into it due to plantation level mindwashing

What a ting

The tribes of Africa today and of past who have never heard of Jesus or a Christ or Bible are JUST as deserving of Haile Selassie and divinity as the I Dem who are noosed to the Bible. Yes those "savages" are just fine without Christ as you were lol

Sizzla: I have no white God. Don't teach me anything wrong. Would a white God save me from white man's oppression? I have no white God. It's just the blackness I have. If a white God a bless you him no bless Sizzla.

In the movie Amistad... we saw an African slave accept the bible because it was a story of salvation from bondage. In other words we accepted THEIR story under extreme duress! And often the missionaries came in advance of the colonial powers to subjugate u s. Whites told us we were under the Hamitic curse and it was given to them to enslave us the same way that the Israelites justified stealing land from the Canaanites. And we see the modern version of this with the Jews mistreatment of the Palestinians. But because they put it a book we're supposed to go along with it; go along with abusing even women and children because they say God told them to.

But if it is not according to the fruits of the spirit then Jah isn't talking to them. And yes, that includes Moses, Joshua, David, etc.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/16/2019 9:15:37 AM

IXPninja,
Thank you for the kind words. Your thoughts are much appreciated. i love your observations that: "The Bible is a bitter book that when fully digested will lead you out of the bible." That's great. i've been into and out of the Bible a number of times over the course of the trod, although never with the zeal of a true Bible thumper as i find it too tedious to consume in large doses.

Yes, knowledge and wisdom are two different things, and control of knowledge, both religious and secular, has been used by the elite throughout history to the ends of downpression of the masses. While the advent of the internet has opened the doors to a wealth of knowledge available for practically anyone to access, the "shallowing" of people's thought processes as a byproduct of the information revolution has created an epidemic of attention-deficit conditions throughout the population and has adversely impacted the cognitive abilities of many people to synthesize information into their own unique thoughts and ideas. [The book "The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains" by Nicholas Carr contains a fascinating presentation of various scientific studies which have been conducted on the side effects of being continually wired to electronic information sources.]

My concern with explosion of knowledge, especially scientific knowledge, and it's easy accessibility is that people have become arrogant, erroneously believing that mankind has achieved a sophisticated understanding of practically everything. I'm reminded of the quote from Albert Einstein: “The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.” Deceiving people through too much knowledge has become as much an art of the Babylon System as deception through a dearth of knowledge used to be.

Dare i point out how many ordinary people very sincerely believe that scientists so thoroughly understand the components, their characterstics, and the interactive processes governing the earth's climate that they regard computer simulations created by scientists & engineers as infallible Gospel? As a career environmental scientist and geologist, i was never under any illusion regarding either the limitations of the computer simulations that we created or the limitations of our knowledge regarding environmental processes. But if i tell that to many a lay person in the world today, i'm called all kinds of names from "denier" to "anti-science". The notion that JAH has any influence on a natural system like the earth's climate is regarded by many as a quaint (or superstitious) anachronism -- as if to say, "you're crazy, we humans now COMPLETELY understand ALL of the factors governing the earth climate". It's a very weird world in which we live wherein the advancements in technology and scientific knowledge are cited by people (who frequently are not scientists themselves) as being dispositive of the non-existence of God.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/16/2019 9:17:48 AM

GA: Black Supreme about that. A return to ones BLACKNESS ....FREE from European influence is the definition of heaven for InI.

My brotha! Powerful post. Fire.

Every descendant of a slave should have a chip on their shoulder. Why not? Descendants of racists have chips on theirs. But of course its not about a tit for tat because we don't want to hate them or be so combative that we accidentally become them or adopt the very behaviors that caused us to hate them in the first place.

But I don't get that vibe from what GA is saying. I think he's saying what we should all be saying; recognizing that we got the bible from a hostile enemy. They kept us ignorant, not allowed to read or write because they didn't want no smart n-words running around. But we were allowed to be taught the bible and sing those old hymns and entertain massa while we waited for their God to save us because we thought their God was THE God and that he would save us too.

I still use the bible. I still see wisdom in its pages. I still quote it. I still have favorite passages; especially 1 John 3. But I know where it came from. I know it is man made. I know it is a mixture of truth and fiction. I know that is based on and draws upon superstition. I know some of the people were liars and deceivers. I know some of the people created the reputation of God so that they could use it to their own advantage. I know they considered women as spoils of war. I know they enslaved and tried and failed to create an empire. I know they committed genocide and condemned an entire generation in order to establish unquestioned control. I know that everyone's motives weren't pure. I know that heaven is a temptation that causes humans to destroy and abandon each other.I understand that even with all the miracles there was never any miracle in which one God revealed himself to the world. I know that the flood was never global. And I know evolution has been proven in a lab. I know the earth is older than the bible says. I know the bible was used to pacify African slaves. And I know that we as a people need to learn to co-exist within a hostile society.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 270271 - 280281 - 290291 - 300
301 - 310311 - 320321 - 330331 - 340341 - 350351 - 360361 - 370371 - 380381 - 390391 - 400
401 - 410411 - 420421 - 430431 - 440441 - 450451 - 460461 - 470471 - 480481 - 490491 - 500
501 - 510511 - 520521 - 530531 - 540541 - 550551 - 560561 - 570571 - 580581 - 590591 - 600
601 - 610611 - 620621 - 630631 - 640641 - 650651 - 660661 - 670671 - 680681 - 690691 - 700
701 - 710711 - 720721 - 730731 - 740741 - 750751 - 760761 - 770771 - 780781 - 790791 - 800
801 - 810811 - 820821 - 830831 - 840841 - 850851 - 860861 - 870871 - 880881 - 890891 - 900
901 - 910911 - 920921 - 930931 - 940941 - 950951 - 960961 - 970971 - 980981 - 990991 - 1000
1001 - 10101011 - 1020

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I