Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5413&start_row=1

RASTA UNITY (Right over wrong!)

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/25/2013 3:15:22 PM

We all gather together, being one with Jah, even if you're black or white, you can still be Rasta. Amongst the Rastas here, we don't care what colour or race you are from, Rastas don't judge the Iyahs according to their skin color, but according to what they have done, if right or wrong. And besides this, you get real natural rastas that don't even know or care if they are black or white. Why, because they don't step in the babylon, they're natural rastas who uses everything natural to them, and race is from the babylon, not nature.

Now don't tell I that nature produces races. Wrong! Humans make up the word races to seperate their families from other families children. But that is all done. Some people still practice that in this world. But in the Nature, in the natural world, in nature, we all see each other as one and the same being.

Why are we one and the same, because in nature, the Natural Iyahs found out that its not man that decides who one is, its the Irits.

Ina Africa, this is what happens. In the Natural Nature of Africa, I and I can find natural Iyahs. I am even impressed that they know Haile Selassie I, but they don't have access to the information we have here on the interweb. So they listen to I and I. They agree, that Rasta must be Educated, (the teachings of His Majesty), tho many of them are not educated.

So the important thing here is Love. Love one another, and race and color is not what makes you Rasta, its what you do that makes you Rasta, whether you black or white, one must still do Right!

A Right man or Right woman is a Rasta man and a Rasta woman.

In Nature we are one and the same, Right or Wrong, and if one is wrong, we still have a chance to be Right.

Thats what Rasta is, the Right over the wrong!

Jah Bless
One Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/25/2013 10:49:07 PM

Yes I. Righteousness is Righteousness, and I and I belong with Righteousness.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/26/2013 1:37:32 PM

The rebuttal:
Being one does not mean that we all fall under the same label. We are one yet we may have different nationalities or from different tribes. As a people we have differences and we have a unity. This is true in everything. For many, the term Rasta refers to a specific group of people..... And that doesn't mean we are promoting division or we are not one, we are just Identifying ourselves.

You say nature doesn't produce race..... In an earlier post I asked people to define race. Race isn't something we should be afraid of. And yes nature does produce race: one plant genome is different to another plant genome . A ganja plant looks different and is different to an opium poppy. Even within ganja, there are hundreds of thousands of different genomes or strains. So don't tell me nature doesn't produce different groups (look to the definition of race).

Man doesn't decide who man is but the forefathers and foremothers of that particular man do. The only 'irits' I will ever care for will be those of my ancestors. It is natural for one to pay respect to ones paSt history and culture.

Rasta is the supreme upliftment and cultural practice of YOUR indigenous culture. For many people that leads us right into the motherland and Garveys vision of Africa. For others it leads elsewhere. Then we have a group of people, mainly strict bible adherents, who have no historical or cultural claim to African practices other than through this book....... Yet they want land / rulership and to claim a stake of another persons vision, based solely on theological and biblical interpretation. That's where I see the point at which our differences now pose a problem to our unity.

Rasta encourages one to see the divinity within ones own self. Please consider this.

Know your self.

Peace be to all.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/26/2013 4:01:08 PM

Man doesn't decide who man is but
the forefathers and foremothers of
that particular man do.

What does that mean?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/26/2013 7:25:08 PM

My brother. You are your mother and father. Start from there and work back. Make the irits of the incients full the I cup

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/27/2013 1:14:13 AM

That reminds I of a certain argument we once had at work.I was saying we were all here even long before we were born.We are the same people of the Incient time,only changing the physical body,but the Irit still the same.
No one can tell or prove the beginning of the world,infact,there wasnt a beginning,we were here from long long time ago and still there will be no end as the Christians believe, Life is Iternal.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/27/2013 1:26:16 AM

I once reasoned with one elder and we were reasoning about the brutalities of slavery and we were saying many many black people are taking these acts against I and I for granted,and the elder did say the reason why I and I is so touched by these acts is because I and I was there in those times.Its I and I whom they enslaved,battered and bruised,its the same Irit living in I this time,dats why I and I rebel against the system.We are still those people who rebelled in those times.Its only the physical that has changed

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/27/2013 5:30:16 PM

I like the original post but: it seems that pope lovers, whites who proclaim black power & AFrica, homosexuals and 'wanna be's' need not apply to Rastafari.....they are not welcome

And you proclaim One Love with equal rights and justice for all

Just when I felt I found Jah, I find only the same limitation that I found in Catholicism: prejudice

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/27/2013 8:29:12 PM

Jah Dub, you don't have Iverstanding about RasTafarI, you have looked at the surface instead of looking at the roots. RasTafarI is not and has never been a hippy movement, it is something completely different.

And yes, there are many who need not apply. Actually, not one single person should apply, because RasTafarI is no application or group to join, it is the name and description of Hola people.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/27/2013 8:33:18 PM

Garveys Africa, the I said,
--------------------
My brother. You are your mother and father. Start from there and work back. Make the irits of the incients full the I cup
--------------------

It is a Blessing to Sight people who Iverstand this. People, especially RasTafarI people should Learn from and Honour their ancestors. As I have said before, even though we Learn from and Honour our ancestors, I and I should still make sure to reject any wrong or wickedness that comes from them.

I made this Reasoning several years ago.

--------------------------------
Life

I see my life as the same as my father's and mother's life. I don't see my life as beginning when this flesh came out of I mother. I see I life as beginning when Jah created Life.

And I see that all of my ancestors since the beginning of time, have Itinued their life by fighting to survive and having children to Itinue their line.

So to I it is a shame when I hear people choosing not to have children, because of their lifestyle or any other reason. It is a great disrespect to all their foreparents who have Itinued this life for so very long. The only reason that we exist is because all of our foreparents Itinued Life.

Just think of how many centuries have past since I and I life began. So many centuries of struggling to Itinue this life. Then one selfish generation comes and only sees their life as born and dead, and give up what their foreparents fought so hard to keep.

If Jah strikes a man or woman so that they cannot have children, then this is Jah's doing. But if a man or woman chooses this, it is a great sin, and Jah will not turn his eyes away from this.
--------------------------------

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I