Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5402&start_row=1

Livity

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/15/2013 2:23:53 PM

My livity includes

being vegetarian - I eat dairy, but not eggs
I listen to reggae/dub music
I pray to Jah Rastafari
I read about Rastafari (mostly online)
I resist the Babylon system and culture
I wear red/yellow/green on my body (tattoos) and I wear a rasta necklace when appropriate
I live a modest life

what does your livity include?

Jah Dub

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2013 2:41:33 PM

Interesting you put listening to reggae music in that livity. I presume this is about about 'rasta' livity would you say that the music one listens to holds significance? Just asking..... Also the role of eggs in food with rasta I find this topic funny, different answers from everybody, maybe there's another thread in the making.....

Personally, it's hard to answer as anything I talk, the way I talk it, the food I consume, the text I read, the people I commune with, the meditation I choose, the wombman I have interest, the fight we a fight, the fight we receive, all trials and tribulation too..... Are all in the name of Rastafari. You mentioned prayer to Jah, while I subscribe to meditation to Jah, I told a younger, everything out of your mouth is directly heard by Jah, everything is a prayer unto him he sees and hears all. Some of my conscious brothers and sisters extrapolate - and include even the thoughts in your mind, so be careful what the mind dwells on even in private thought (metaphysics)

I tried to answer as a list but I couldn't.

Blessed

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/15/2013 2:57:08 PM

By listening to reggae/dub music, I listen to music that includes a message of Jah Rastafari

As far as eggs go, I don't eat animal flesh and i consider eggs to be the flesh of an unborn chicken

I am an apple among oranges. I don't have any rastafari friends in person

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/15/2013 3:11:45 PM

Jah Bless the I,Jah Dub

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2013 3:25:47 PM

Apple among oranges..... In that situation the most important thing you could do when you receive new knowledge or a new way of living which is beneficial to yourself, is to spread that message throughout your family and immediate community, not just online. Not necessary convert everybody to rasta but the message and livity you a talk. I'm sure you already do this. In time, others will manifest

The egg topic - you know say an unfertilised chicken egg does not have a baby chicken inside? It's funny but your argument is the most common I hear among rasta rather than the fact it's technically a chicken period.....which may be disgusting but it's not the equivalent of killing something for meat

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/15/2013 4:32:25 PM

I talk about Rastafari to my friends and family....my girlfriend really likes to hear about it!

You have An interesting point about eggs, G. Africa

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/16/2013 11:03:35 AM

Spread the truth, give the people love, grow I Faith(roots) more an d more into Jah, (hair is just shadow or reflection what's happening in spirit)

Defend rights of creation, life, bring righteous justice upon the lands
, purification y the minds and heart and bodies of INI humanity

Saving souls is from satin and his babylon.

Fast and prayer, the psalms are I livity

To do JAHS will and be his mighty warrior, priest, Kingman, to be HIS light, it's not my livity it's HIS livity I am living in.
I am the living sacrifice, I have thrown my entire being into HIS fire to be baptized into spiritual livity, I say those who lose their lives for his sakes will live, but those who try n save their small ego lives will perish as leaves in cold winter arrives....INI am the livity of the roots.

So to be one with Jah and bring good will and peace to all mankind, using the gifts Jah has given I to gain souls into his pasture, saving them from the devil and the world.

Jah doesn't count I money in bank, but the souls that have been led to his pasture into his flock by I

Messenger: jah jeff Sent: 12/16/2013 2:14:15 PM

It doesnt matter what you eat or dont eat, food is food, as long as you believe in the most high god and his son as the saviour of the world you will go to heaven.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/16/2013 6:21:42 PM

^^ that is not rasta way of thinking. Rasta is a livity, a way of life so of course one would have to be conscious about what he eats from a health perspective and from the perspective of a respect for all life.

+Rasta don't deal with heaven and many don't deal with Jesus

Your views seem Christian.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/16/2013 6:26:15 PM

Emperor Haile Selassie I Jah Ras TafarI was a Christian

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I