Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5395&start_row=1

Black Power

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/5/2013 11:09:40 AM

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/12/2013 12:47:32 AM

I understand that rastafari started out as a black power -even black supremacist- movement, but Haile Selassie has spoke on this

"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."

Iman is white but I find many great influences from Rastafari. I don't claim to be a Rasta Bredren - more like a Rasta Fan....anyway, let's work together to build a community of oneness that doesn't put so much emphasis on skin color! The world is different today...we have a chance to unite in peace and love for all mankind!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/12/2013 2:46:20 AM

Ises. Rastafari is still a Black Power movement to some of us. Black is who we are so I n I glorify Black. Black Ipremacy is de roots of rasta livity. Black Ipremacy is not de oposite of white supremacy but its black cauntiosness (pride). Dat speach de I referin to has noting against black pride but was ment to fight against discrimination n bigotry. So people haffe stop tryin to separate rasta from Black power fo it is one ting. To embrace rasta is to embrace Black power. One Black Love.

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/12/2013 3:05:18 AM

Anyway...I didn't mean to separate black power from rastafari

I thought it was one love....all of humanity? When will you open the door to other races? It's so exclusive

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/13/2013 12:47:16 AM

I and I is nazarites. I and I grow Dreadlocks. I and I is in fear of the Lord God Jah Ras TafarI. Its not about color or race. Rasta is about doing Right.

Jah Bless.

Blessed Lords

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/13/2013 12:57:17 AM

One Love!
One Heart!
Let's get together and feel all right.
Hear the children cryin'
(One Love! );
Hear the children cryin'
(One Heart! ),
Sayin': give thanks and praise
To the Lord and I will feel all right;
Sayin': let's get together
And feel all right.
Wo wo-wo wo-wo!

Let them all pass all their dirty
Remarks (One Love! );
There is one question
I'd really love to ask (One Heart! ):
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner,
Who has hurt all mankind just
To save his own beliefs?

One Love! What about the one heart?
One Heart!
What about?
Let's get together and feel all right
As it was in the beginning
(One Love! );
So shall it be in the end
(One Heart! ),
All right!
Give thanks and praise to the Lord
And I will feel all right;
Let's get together
And feel all right.
One more thing!

Let's get together to fight
This Holy Armagiddyon (One Love! ),
So when the Man comes there will be no,
No doom (One Song! ).
Have pity on those whose
Chances grows t'inner;
There ain't no hiding place
From the Father of Creation.

Sayin': One Love!
What about the One Heart?
(One Heart! )
What about the?
I'm pleadin' to mankind!
(One Love! );
Oh, Lord!
(One Heart)
Wo-ooh!

- One Love
(BOB MARLEY)

Blessed Love
MELCHEZIDEK

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/14/2013 1:42:10 PM

Blessed evining. Bro Jah Dub. De doors are open fo everyone. It is one love to all n all dat come to embrace livity (including other races) haffe shine de light of one black love. One perfect love love my brother. Just let heart be black n pure, Black Ipremacy is not about hatred of other races but its about uplifting black pride amongst I n I black people. Blessed love

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/15/2013 4:56:01 AM

Blessed my Lord Black heart,
Respect;
for what the I says is true.

Jah does not look at ya from outside,- yah physical appearances and other things.. Jah looks to see if ya have accepted Jah in ya black heart. Only then can Jah lives in ya heart.

Blessed Bro
Blessed Loves

JAH BLESS

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2013 6:49:27 AM

When black heart says black he is not talking about colour or jah looking from the outside; he is making reference to his African identity. Color has nothing to do with it as there are many shades within Africa. African and black are interchangeable language, it's semantics. Rasta is an African empowerment movement, for the empowerment of all Africa whether them say rasta or not. I man would ask what is a Nazarite? Who were the nazarites? Since that was referenced earlier. Anybody that takes the vow according to the bible. HIM is an African King of Kings of the unconquerable throne of African pride, what that have to do with Nazarite? Certain rasta would never refer to themself as Nazarite; just the black god and king them a deal with.

Jah dub - there is no barriers in this ting no man can say who is or isn't a ras that's between man and Jah. What we a say is, if one does allude to rastafari - that's fine - but man can't change what rasta means and stands for and a significant part of that is most definitely black ipremacy as the brother so wonderfully put it. So if one pick up rasta one must have to include all of rasta, black power. We nah stop chant dem ting, and can't make it feel shocking when we do so. Babylon a make a strong attempt to dilute rastafari

Messenger: JahBuckihi Sent: 12/15/2013 2:11:40 PM

greetings bredrin an sistirn, iman hear lots of fussing over the phrase "black power" an "black Ipremecy". the most I hear from non afrikan , that say real quick , it is the opposite of white pride or white supremecy. IanI must let them know IanI black Impremecy is not about hating whites or anything involveing hate. black Ipremecy is purely love , respect , education of IanI rich black afrikan root and culture, and puting that first over other mens backwards values that have been whiped into IanI minds at a time when we were broken and vunerable. on the same note something thats on i mind is on since reading and writing is , black power vs black Ipremecy. is there a diffrence ? not speaking what dictionary will say, but how the phrases move the Irit. what does ones an ones think?
one perfect love
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I