Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5386&start_row=1

Music that really influences InI trod

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Oluseyi (God Made This Child) Adeagbo ( Crown Circle) Sent: 11/24/2013 9:50:27 PM

Hail Kings and Queens Iman haffi ask ones and ones musically who is really giving InI spirit an upliftment for I it is Protoje, Chronixx,and Jah9 right now but that might also be because I can follow their personal trods and relate to them in these days please give lots of feedback

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2013 12:39:46 PM

Virgin Island music
And add Iba Mahr, Uprising Roots Band and Kabaka Pyramid to your list
Also Qshan Deya, Black Culture, Jesse Jendah / King Furnace, I-Maroon....
I'd even suggest Aesha Sekhmet or Yasus Afari for variation
Or if you want a conscious dancehall vibe: Teflon, Jah Mason, Determine, Sasco, Iwayne, Fantan Mojah......

Try steer clear of the Carbon artiste dem. And don't left out the established artist who still a fight for we liberation from colonialism, true dem never go anywhere and still go strong: from Sizzla latest album burn out foreigners in Africa, to Burning spear a still sing song fi Marcus.

All the above named a rasta music. Go check Prof-I for that strict Bhingi music, or better go visit the Tabernacle.

Selah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2013 12:53:22 PM

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/26/2013 8:05:49 PM

Music is food for my soul!!...and music inspired by Jah Rastafari touches my heart

Here's Twilight Circus feat. Brando - Greater Than Great....a mix of reggae and dub. I've been playing this frequently the past few days

This is from one of my youtube playlists... more music will play after this song finishes. Check it! Check it! :)

Messenger: cosmiCHRISTOPHARI Sent: 11/26/2013 9:09:33 PM

Second Kabaka!

I just had the privilege of seeing him perform in NYC last week and had a moment to shake the mans hand and thank him for his work. He's authentic and grounded. Many a reggae artist sing one thing and live another. Kabaka is on the righteous trod for sure.

I second Midnite as well! The man is in heights and will bring your spirits up!

I Wayne is also worth checking out.

Mike Love and Dubkonscious are excellent musical inspirations for I as well.

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/27/2013 12:40:59 AM

Here's a small list of my fav music.....InI into the DUB side of tings. And InI is radical about it!

Bush Chemists, Digitaldubs, OnDubGround, Manasseh, Alien Dread, Skankytone, Jah Marnyah, Mo' Kalamity and the Wizards, Vibronics, Mungo's Hi Fi, Jah Melodie

this track is by Bagga T (aka jah melodie) - Mr. babylon

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/27/2013 9:16:00 AM

Dont forget the FOUNDATION music

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/27/2013 12:14:51 PM

When it comes to Reggae, InI is into: Bob Marley & the Wailers, Julian Marley, Stephen Marley, Protoje, Buju Banton, Black Uhuru, Capleton, Tiken Jah Fakoly, Peter Tosh, Lutan Fyah, Kabaka Pyramid & Alborosie

Here's Tiken Jah Fakoly - Il Faut Se Lever (it's in french)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/27/2013 8:52:33 PM

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/27/2013 10:10:26 PM

^^^^ I like that a lot, GARVEYS AFRICA! I'll be playing that some more for sure!

Thanks! Jah Bless!

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I