Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5379&start_row=1

egyptian riddle

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 11/17/2013 9:01:15 AM

This riddle was copied from riddles!

"You stand at a fork in the road. Next to each of the two forks, there stands a guard. You know the following things: 1. One path leads to Paradise, the other to Death. From where you stand, you cannot distinguish between the two paths. Worse, once you start down a path, you cannot turn back. 2. One of the two guards always tells the truth. The other guard always lies. Unfortunately, it is impossible for you to distinguish between the two guards.
You have permission to ask one guard one question to ascertain which path leads to Paradise. Remember that you do not know which guard you're asking -- the truth-teller or the liar -- and that this single question determines whether you live or die. The question is: What one question asked of one guard guarantees that you are led onto the path to Paradise, regardless of which guard you happen to ask?

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 11/17/2013 9:14:05 AM

You need to ask a question with a definitive answerÉ that way you are always going to know who is the truthÉ my question thenÉ Who sits on the rainbow circle throne in paradise? Only Haile Selassie can be the rightful answerÉ RasTafarI is InI path to the universal truth. Paradise internal as well as external...

Blessed Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/17/2013 11:17:36 AM

If one guard always lies and the other always tell the truth. Then just ask 'can I ask you a question' and the liad guard will say no and the righteous guard will say yes........ Lol

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 11/18/2013 11:59:49 AM

Well, the required solution is, I ask any one of the guards this question;
"If I asked the other guard, which door would he indicate
leads to Paradise?" Take the door opposite to what's indicated!
Regardless of whom you ask, they'll point to the wrong door.
Thanks for contributions.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 11/18/2013 12:00:00 PM

Great solution you have Matthew. I think that would work.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I