Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5373&start_row=1

Isiah say God Will Punish Ethiopia

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/14/2013 10:20:21 PM

Isaiah 18
Good News Translation (GNT)
God Will Punish Ethiopia

18 Beyond the rivers of Ethiopia[a] there is a land where the sound of wings is heard. 2 From that land ambassadors come down the Nile in boats made of reeds. Go back home, swift messengers! Take a message back to your land divided by rivers, to your strong and powerful nation, to your tall and smooth-skinned people, who are feared all over the world.

3 Listen, everyone who lives on earth! Look for a signal flag to be raised on the mountaintops! Listen for the blowing of the bugle! 4 The Lord said to me, “I will look down from heaven as quietly as the dew forms in the warm nights of harvest time, as serenely as the sun shines in the heat of the day. 5 Before the grapes are gathered, when the blossoms have all fallen and the grapes are ripening, the enemy will destroy the Ethiopians[b] as easily as a knife cuts branches from a vine. 6 The corpses of their soldiers will be left exposed to the birds and the wild animals. In summer the birds will feed on them, and in winter, the animals.”

7 A time is coming when the Lord Almighty will receive offerings from this land divided by rivers, this strong and powerful nation, this tall and smooth-skinned people, who are feared all over the world. They will come to Mount Zion, where the Lord Almighty is worshiped.

Footnotes:

a. Isaiah 18:1 Hebrew Cush(ites): Cush is the ancient name of the extensive territory south of the First Cataract of the Nile River. This region was called Ethiopia in Graeco-Roman times, and included within its borders most of modern Sudan and some of present-day Ethiopia (Abyssinia).
b. Isaiah 18:5 See 18.1:

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/14/2013 10:47:16 PM

After them burn ethiopia, them burn the handicap
Leviticus 21
New International Version (NIV)
Rules for Priests

16 The Lord said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron: ‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord, who makes them holy.’”

24 So Moses told this to Aaron and his sons and to all the Israelites.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 11/15/2013 1:50:18 AM

What is your reasoning?

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 11/15/2013 1:50:19 AM

What is your reasoning?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/15/2013 5:30:36 AM

The reasoning is that this is another example of a biblical attack or curse on Africans, specifically Kushites.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/16/2013 3:24:49 AM

I in I do not overstand. Africans does not equal Kushites, besides, those are rather odd translations, if you ask I.

praise Halie Selassie I! Eternal everlating Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/16/2013 3:46:26 AM

Blessings to you, Garveys Africa. You inspired me to search Isaiah on Ethiopia. I did find a prophecy concerning babylon and slavery:

Thus saith the LORD, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God.
(Isa 45:14)

It's followed with a happy ending, explaining the confusion of babylon and the victory of Jah's people in the end.

Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour. They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols. But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end. For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save. Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
(Isa 45:15-22)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/16/2013 10:52:18 AM

Ray bob I see your open to new knowledge so a love seen?

Kushites do actually refer to Africans. The land mass of Egypt and Ethiopia up to Nubia was originally known as kemet or Kush. The kushites are the original Ethiopians that that travel down the Nile

There's much research on google on ancient Kush and ancient kemet where much biblical concept and laws originate

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I