Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5352&start_row=1

The story of Eve and the serpent

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/5/2013 5:39:47 PM

Greetings
Iman want to share a story I heard from a Nyahbinghi elder
Once upon a time,long Iwas back,the serpent used to have legs and an Iration between them.The serpent tricked Eve to fornicate with it,but the woman said God had said dat the day you eat of the fruit of that tree of the middle of the garden thou shalt surely die(referring to the malehood of the serpent as it had characteristics of a human in ancient times).
However Eve was tricked and fornicated with the serpent and slept with Adam afterwards thus making Adam part of the curse.
The woman got pregnant and Adam was never aware of what had happened between Eve and the serpent and she bore a white male as a curse of her sinful act.Adam was not pleased with the appearance of Cain who was different from them including their previous children who were black.Adam couldnt understand what kind of a being could dat be with blue eyes,blonde hair,white skin etc.
Adam was troubled and God told him that the child is of a union of the Woman and the serpent thus he is a seed of sin.
Adam knew her wife again and bore Abel who had the same appearance as them thus he loved him.
So,the seed of Cain is a seed of sin.

Thus it is said man is Black without a sin,only white when sinning.
That is why the most barbaric acts and sinful acts have been influenced by white supremacy.

Has anyone heard öf such kind a story

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/5/2013 10:48:26 PM

I like that story deh can see the under meaning still. But my problem with the Adam and Eve ting as a whole is it still portrays the black woman as the original sinner. The original one to give in to serpent temptation. We don't have any proof of such a crime from our woman and that's a serious reality to deal with. I know the story may not have meant to have had that meaning in but inna the subplot a so it come out. We don't need that on the psyche of black people especially our girls without empirical evidence. Love the black woman she's one of the strongest in creation and would trample a serpent . Black eve me say .

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/6/2013 1:25:00 AM

So, does this mean my white ancestry goes back to a biblical serpent?!

This be a racist story, LOLOLOL!

I praise Jah that I know this is just a falsehood to stir racial controversy!

Jah Dub gonna play dub music now!

Now playing: Mystical Warrior meets Ras Bruno - Stepping Through

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/6/2013 5:47:04 AM

jah dub you never sight the curse of Ham as a racist story?

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/6/2013 10:53:33 AM

Wow! Thanks for the question...I had to look this story up. I wasn't familiar with it. Based on what I've read so far - Yeah, the story seems racist to me. It suggests that black people are inferior and that they are cursed....it also suggests that the curse of Ham was the creation of the black race - that's ludicrous. Jah created us all

Jah Dub gonna play dub music now!

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/7/2013 2:48:05 AM

@Garvey Africa
Eve's evil deed is her own baby to carry,it doesnt apply to all women because she was not the only woman Jah Jah created.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2013 8:21:35 AM

Me hear u brethren, and if everyone can see it that way there no problem. is many rasta unfortunately over the years I've heard use that story or similar as a reason to declare 'women r wicked' or some sexist bible misguided doctrine. Give thanks tho

Messenger: Righteous Lion Sent: 11/7/2013 2:01:34 PM

Greetings to all the Idrens, the story of Adam, Eve and the serpent is a story of how Jah ordain the order of a Rasta or a man's house or mansion. And how JAH temple or the place to worship (physical building) should be conducted. JAH is the head of the Church, just as Man is the head of his wife. Adam was made first and given instructions and a duty. And Eve was to be his help mate. When Eve sin, JAH didn't go to her, but to Adam because he is the head or covering of Eve. JAH place man as head of his family, if there is sin under his roof JAH is going to go straight to RASTA, or him to deal wit di matta!!(Ephesians 5:23-25)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2013 2:07:15 PM

Man is the head of his wife?

Lol this is EXACTLY what the bible does to people! be careful of that BC book!

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/7/2013 4:47:24 PM

Jah never created a white race unless He did not create the sun which is impossible.

This isnt racism,the white race is a product,even scientifical proven.They don't have an origin.Look at Bob Marley,him father white and mother black but him black.The black genes are always dominant.If elder Bob's children marry black woman,then their children will be black also.Now how about telling these children that their great grand father was white,will they take that????White originated from black.If we were to terminate the white race peacefully without shedding blood,we would intermarry these two races to get back to the original black world.

As it was in the beginning,so shall it be in the end.

Black world
Black Universe
Black God
Black Moses
Black Mary
Black Marcus I
Black Immanuel I
Black Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I