Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5331&start_row=1

Rastafari is a response to slavery and colonialism. if u look at its inception u will know that Rastafari is a Black thing.

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastAfrikan BlackFist Sent: 10/25/2013 11:27:34 AM

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 10/25/2013 2:40:50 PM

Rastafari eases burdens of slavery, but it's not just a Black thing. In Amerika, 99 percent are slaves to the banks that own their houses and cars. The whiteys are brainwashed by media/schools/churches to believe they are 'free' in a 'free' country, but they are dying off quick from radiated/GMO foods, bad medicine, and can't see theyself as slave, but they are.

Colonialism is man's nature. Just like a baby, "Mine! Mine!", man drew lines all over Jah's globe, declaring mine, mine, then wars happen, then new lines are drawn, on and on. Me thinks it just gets worse until judgment day. Rastafari is a response to the slavery that the bankers (money changers) have everyone under, globally. Rastafari lets one accept turmoil and still have inner peace that only Jah gives. Definitely more blacks than whites, just from historic oppressions, but Rastafari can fill anyone's soul, white or black. More than the color of the skin, it's the state of the heart as to if someone knows and receives Rastafari or not.

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 10/25/2013 5:18:37 PM

Racism is not welcome here. Rastafari is for all people!

Blessed love,
Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/25/2013 7:40:46 PM

Why is it that I can no longer read the original post of this topic? Has it been removed or hidden? If so, why?

Raybob, the system of economic slavery you speak about is not comparable to the system of chattel slavery endured by black people under colonialism, which was far more horrific than a 9-5 or school, mind numbing though it is. And fire on the very idea that colonialism is mans true nature by the way, it came out of the most damaged, depraved and destructive corners of mankinds illusions, and is a distinctively European invention cannabalised from Rome. Although I can't read the original post still, it is undeniably true that RastafarI, while from creation, arose in this dispensation in response to the evils of slavery and colonialism committed against Black African people among others. In that sense, yes I, it is a Black thing, and since I and I hail a Black King, there should be no argument there, no matter the colour of I and I skin. It was those evils that Haile Selassie I came forward and worked to dismantle and destroy from the earth and restore in people the world over their knowledge of themselves as divine beings capable of shaping the world for truth, equal rights and justice.

Plenty of Europeans who call themselves RastafarI need to hold a serious meditation about their own roots as well as the roots of RastafarI and the role they have to play and sacrifices they have to make, because if any man comes to I with a RastafarI 'philosophy' devoid of its Black anti-colonial roots, I know it's a dead thing. Marcus Garvey did speak on the fact that a tree without roots won't flourish and that is a universal principle. I wouldn't be who I Am if I didn't know there was a purpose in Europeans sighting Haile Selassie I and knowing Him as the Most High, but far too many bring with them to RastafarI the assumptions gained from a life of privilege they don't even realise they have until it is lost to them along the trod. What many haven't realised is that the hardships they endure as RastafarI people in babylon (and I don't deny the hardships) are actually often but a fraction of what people have endured for hundreds of years just for being Black, and it was that experience that did give RastafarI it's inception in this time. Any man who denies it, no matter his skin, is just as blind as the fools who ask I if I think I'm Black.

I and I duty as European RastafarI is to dismantle the systems of neo-colonialism and white supremacy that plague the world and work towards Reparations so the stolen Ethiopian sons and daughters can get their Repatriation home. That is only fair and just and Europe and America can expect nothing but judgment and destruction until they right their wrongs and treat the rest of mankind with due equal respect and dignity in all things. This I and I must do in full knowledge of I and I own roots in Europe, and those go far deeper than the atrocities of slavery and colonialism. There are not just things to hate and regret in I and I roots, and to love the Iself is the only foundation from which the love of truth, equality and justice among all people can spring. RastafarI people have known it since Marcus.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/25/2013 11:04:27 PM

I didn't delete anything, so if there was a message written in the first post, I don't know what happened to it.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 10/26/2013 6:35:18 AM

Blessings to you, Nazarite_I, for explanation. I'm learning so much, especially since finding this forum. Someone posted of LOJSociety.org on another topic. I've tuned in earlier and have been just absorbing ever since. Time for bed now, but bless yout Sabbath ya'll..

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/26/2013 10:43:20 AM

Babylon Wikipedia definition of rastafari includes the following section:

- can't separate rasta from black

Afrocentrism
Afrocentrism is another central facet of Rastafari culture. They teach that Africa, in particular Ethiopia, is where Zion, or paradise, shall be created. As such, Rastafari orients itself around African culture. Rastafari holds that evil society, or "Babylon", has been white-dominated since the rise of Rome, and has committed such acts of aggression against the African people as the Atlantic slave trade.

Rastafari developed among poor and oppressed Jamaicans of African descent who experienced a society which was largely contrary and apathetic to their problems. Rastafari incorporates sociopolitical views and teachings of Jamaican publicist, organizer, and black nationalist Marcus Garvey (also often regarded as a prophet) who was a keen proponent of the "back to Africa" movement, advocating that all people of the black race should return to their ancestral homeland of Africa, and worship the Creator "through the spectacles of Ethiopia".[24]

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/5/2013 12:17:21 AM

Yes I. Keep on shining de light bro Nazerite I. Big up. Bless my Lord.

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/5/2013 1:15:23 AM

Saying that you have to be black to be Rasta makes Rasta seem more like a racial brotherhood and not a livity of Jah Rastafari. I am familiar with another brotherhood that demands you be a certain race to be included - that brotherhood is the Ku Klux Klan. Get a hold of yourselves....if Jah Rastafri is an inspiration to a man/woman who isn't black, let it be. None of you have a right to tell anyone what they can and can't be.... or what they can and can't believe in

I have encountered too much racism towards aspiring white rastas....it's not right. Jah would not approve

Jah Dub gonna play dub music now!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/5/2013 4:23:47 AM

You Mention kkk, you never heard of the UNIA? Being pro black doesn't make u racist. You know what it takes to be a Jew for example? U think u can just wake up one day and decide your a Jew? You have to be born to a Jewish mother or apply to one of their denominations for membership at their discression, lol. Everyone wake up and a ras

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I