Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5313&start_row=1

smoking Natural tobacco?

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 10/9/2013 2:41:10 PM

Greetings;

I man wanted to ask for advice on smoking Natural Tobacco,before i was born again("so to say"or:came to realisation of I true self) in JAH RASTAFARI,I used to smoke chemical tobacco,and about 20-30 cigarettes a day,however I man clean up Iself when me come to the way of TRUTH,so I gave up all a that,drinkin,smokin,unconciouss actions,...

anyway I man came across few,experienced,RastafarI people,who use American Spirit Natural Tobacco,so ever since,I started to smoke a couple a cigarettes daily of this tobacco,and me neva really can afford to smoke the herbs,without tobacco,so me choose to smoke these natural one,without any chemicals...

even though I know that it is better not to smoke tobacco at all,becos of the nicotine and so forth...
Native Americans,use/used it as a sort of sacrament,and believe it to be a sacred plant...

what is the I's view on this?

BLESSED;
JAH RASTAFARI;

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/9/2013 9:30:09 PM

I view is that natural tobacco is an exceptionally good pesticide when boiled and steeped for a month in water then sprayed around crops.

I know plenty of RastafarI people who burn their herbs with tobacco, and for obvious reasons, they prefer unadulterated brands like American Spirit, but I keep smoking I herb Ital with no apologies. From the first time someone offered I a tobacco spliff when I was 16 and it made I sick, I knew that tobacco was not a herb for I, and even when I only have a tiny draw, I always burn I herbs pure, or sometimes mixed with other less unhealthy herbs than tobacco.

Spiritually speaking, I'm sure that the nicotine rush from strong natural tobacco could be harnessed positively by someone who had the knowledge to use it like the indigenous Americans the I points to, but few people have that knowledge anymore. That American Spirit brand is certainly not grown by them, doesn't profit them, and still has the nicotine to get a man addicted. I always notice that when I Idren and Sistren who burn tobacco with their herbs run out of herb, plenty still puff a little roll-up of tobacco, as if they can't do without smoking. To I, this can only be an addiction to nicotine come from drawing so much tobacco with the herb, because when I run out of herb, I just don't smoke and give thanks for the rest for I lungs.

At the end of the day, tobacco smoke only causes disease, whereas herb cures it. Even the smoke has different properties, with the tar from tobacco smoke clinging to the inside of the lungs, making it exceptionally hard to clean them out in the course of normal breathing. Herb smoke does not act in the same way and does not cling, allowing the lungs to clean out any negative residue as they expand and contract with the breath. Tobacco smoke contains many carcinogens that are trapped there by the tar and corrupt the lung tissue. Herb has proven anti-cancer properties.

Why Ones and Ones mix the two is a mystery to I still.

Blessed love

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/10/2013 7:11:44 AM

Greetings... The rightful use of tobacco is on animal wounds or as a pesticides as the I said.The herb aint good for smoking.Check the Nyahbinghi guidelines then the I will see dat its not recommended

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 10/10/2013 8:30:52 AM

Iman used to smoke tobacco. It was the right thing to do and I never loved tobacco. I and I can better smoke herb only and nothing else. Cigarettes are very dangerous and causes alot of diseases. Alcohol very often leads people astray and make them think wicked. Still babylon say it is legal. Iman recommend the Idren to stop smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol if you do. Smoke the herb and praise Ras Tafar I.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I