Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5303&start_row=1

Meat is Ital

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 72
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 9/29/2013 10:40:12 AM

I and I must needs to eat meat in our food.

And Jah accepted Abel's offering of lamb on the altar. and Jah refused Cain's offer of vegetables.

Eating just vegetables is food for slaves. I and I is Kings and Queens and I and I deserve to eat Royal meals.

The slaves had to eat fruit and vegetables to work hard for the babylonians or white men. I and I are here to set the I free.

Chapter 91 Kebra Negast

This is what ye shall eat: the clean and the unclean

And this is what ye shall eat: the clean and that which is not clean. The ox, the sheep, the goat, the ram, the stag, the gazelle, the buffalo, the deskĕ;na antelope, the we‛;elâ antelope, the oryx, the zĕ;rât gazelle, and every creature with a cleft hoof and nails eat ye, and the creatures that chew the cud.

And these which ye shall not eat among those that chew the cud and have a cleft hoof are the camels and the hare and the kârgĕ;lyôn (coney ?), for they chew the cud but their hoofs are not cleft.
The wolf and the pig ye shall not eat, for their hoofs are cleft but they do not chew the cud: ye shall not eat what is unclean.

Whatsoever is in the waters with fins and scales eat ye; whatsoever is unclean therein eat ye not.

Among birds everything that is clean eat ye, but ye shall not eat the following: the eagle, the vulture, the ’ęlyâṭ;ân eagle, the osprey, the hawk, and the like, the raven, ostrich, the owl, the sea-gull, the heron, the swan, the ibis, the pelican, the hawk, the hoopoe, the night raven, the hornbill, the water-piper, the water-hen, and the bat; these are unclean.

And ye shall not eat the locust nor anything of his kind, nor the ’aḳ;âṭ;ân nor anything of his kind, nor the grasshopper nor anything of his kind, nor the field locust nor anything of his kind.

Of the things that fly (or, spring) and have two or four or six feet, their flesh is unclean, ye shall not eat thereof. And ye shall not touch their dead bodies, and whosoever toucheth them shall be unclean until the evening.

Now these things we have declared unto you in order that you may keep and perform the fear of God so that you may be blessed in this your country, which God has given unto you because of the heavenly ZION, the Tabernacle of the Law of God, for because of her have you been chosen. And our fathers have been rejected, because God took from them ZION, the Tabernacle of the Law of God, to keep you and your seed for ever. And He will bless the fruit of your land, and He will multiply your cattle, and will protect them in everything wherein they are to be protected.

Thou hast overthrown the house of their idols, and destroyed their images, and thou hast cleansed what was unclean among thy people, for thou hast driven away from them that which God hateth.

Consider thou [the people] of thy nation with whom God was not well pleased, and thou wilt say 'Not thus [is it] good, but it is right that we should worship God'; 'Not thus is it good to worship the sun, but it is right to worship God,' thou wilt say. 'Not thus is it good to enquire of the diviner, but it is better to trust in God,' thou wilt say. 'Not thus is it good to resort to the working of magic, but it is better to lean upon the Holy One of ISRAEL,' thou wilt say. 'Not thus is it good to offer up sacrifices to stones and trees, but it is right to offer up sacrifices to God,' thou wilt say. 'Not thus is it good to seek augury from birds, but it is right to put confidence in the Creator,' thou wilt say

"Be known that it is not by perishable things that you are saved from the empty way of life handed down to you by your forefathers, but by the precious meat of the lamb. Jah Ras TafarI. Chosen before the creation of the world, and revealed in this time for your sakes. Through HIM I and I believes in the most high Jah Ras TafarI the Almighty God of I and I salvation to be raised from the dead and I and I give praise and glorify the Most High Jah Ras TafarI, the Redeemer, the Christ, Selassie I."

Righteousness comes from faith in Jah Ras TafarI to all who believes and are justified by his grace through redemption presented as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in the Lamb. He did this to demonstrate justice to all so to have Faith in Jah Ras TafarI. That we may have redemption, through his meat of the lamb, we are saved from the wickedness of this world. By the meat of lamb he entered into high and holy places that all of us may have redemption, because of him being raised from the dead on the cross to life everlasting.

If you don't eat the meat of the lamb, you have no life in you.

Now that you are pure in heart by obeying the truth, so that you have pure love for your brothers and sisters, love one another from deep within your hearts. For Idrens, brethrens and sistren, you are born again in Jah Ras TafarI so your salvation can grow and have faith in Jah Ras TafarI. Now you have tasted Jah Ras TafarI is Good. Selassie I

Worthy Worthy Worthy is the Lamb
who has been slain,
to receive glory and riches,
strength and wisdom
and honor and praise
and power!

For ever and ever!

Jah Ras TafarI Selassie I

Haile I

Blessed I

MELCHEZIDEK

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/29/2013 6:45:51 PM

I have no intention of getting dragged into a Reasoning (biblical or not) on flesh eating, but I have something that could seal this debate full stop. I do not grudge any man for what he eats and it is up to Ones and Ones to decide whether or not to eat flesh (which in I opinion is by no definition 'Ital' or vital, I get by fine without it, and eat just as 'royally' as the next man when the food is there), but the example of Haile Selassie I is the one I and I live by, and so His Livity is the one I and I should look to. On that subject, I was listening in on a Reasoning some time ago about this book, written by an Austrian woman who was Haile Selassie I's personal chef for 15 years in the leadup to 1975. Though the book is in German, and I can't read that language, the Idren I learned of its existence from does read and speak German and has read the book and the information he relayed was that this woman testifies to cooking Haile Selassie I straight vegan and vegetarian meals for 15 years and also to the fact that Haile Selassie I was importing crops like soya beans and quinoa into Ethiopia long before they became staples of the world food market.

I would very much like to read this book Iself and Ifirm that, but certainly I don't need to do that to point out that historically speaking 'slave food' was more like salted fish and meats that store for a long time with some grains like rice and cheap flour rather than straight vegetables, which people (whether enslaved or not) have always cultivated and eaten since the dawn of agriculture.

Blessed love

Messenger: DURU Sent: 9/30/2013 6:54:57 AM

Blessed to All.

Greeting Melchizedek, if InI "need" to eat meat I man should have have been dead decade ago , need differs from want.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/30/2013 8:19:27 AM

I did just remember a story I heard an Idren telling once when the Reasoning over whether or not Haile Selassie I ate flesh came up among I and I as well. I have no proof to share with this one since it was just that Idren's wordsound, but the story goes that when His Majesty was traveling overseas, the chefs at the place He was dining had not been informed of His dietary practices (vegetarian/vegan) and so had prepared exclusively meat dishes. Haile Selassie I refused the flesh, allowing others to feast while He satisfied Himself with peanut butter on toast...

So what is 'royal' food if this story is true and I Majesty can be content with peanut butter on toast while His companions dine on flesh?

I am open to the idea that Haile Selassie I didn't live that Ital Livity His whole life and evolved into it with time and growth and realisation, just as I and I normally do in the course of life, but the compassion that His Majesty shows to all the animals in creation and the genuine love they show back to Him lead I to the knowledge that He would not have been comfortably inclined to eat them, and if He was, they would not have been so friendly. This I have experienced in I own life, where normally skittish and easily frightened animals have been more comfortable in I presence than that of someone who eats flesh. Besides this, the avoidance of killing and eating animals has been the hallmark of the spiritually developed Man from time immemorial and as the pinnacle of spiritually developed Man to the point of Godliness, I see no reason why Haile Selassie I would differ in this regard.

Blessed love

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 9/30/2013 9:46:16 AM

I overstand the reasoning Melchesidec, Iman think it is of high importance to read and receive the kabbalah, teachings of the Most High. Iman personally don't see anything wrong with meat, although I tend to live a more pescatarian diet like the Nazarenes. but enough about me, Iman have a question towards the dietary law and the room for mercy...the I wrote, or should I say the Kebra Negast wrote that

And ye shall not eat the locust nor anything of his kind, nor the ’aḳ;;âṭ;;ân nor anything of his kind, nor the grasshopper nor anything of his kind, nor the field locust nor anything of his kind.

to I memory, didn't John the Baptist eat locust and honey while in the wilderness? I believe so, so Iman is wondering if this law was man made or from the Almighty himself. What is the I's thoughts?

Rastafari love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/1/2013 10:39:28 PM

Leviticus 11
[21] Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
[22] Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
[23] But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/1/2013 10:44:58 PM

=======================================
Acceptable Offering

Several Years ago I was Reasoning to an Idren about the scripture below.  I just thought of the Reasoning recently and wanted to Reason about it here.

-------------------------------------------
Genesis 4
[1] And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
[2] And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
[3] And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
[4] And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
[5] But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
[6] And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
[7] If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

He was saying that he thought the translators changed it and that Jah actually accepted the fruit of the ground from Abel, and rejected the firstlings of the flock from Cain.

I Reasoned with him saying that Selassie I accepting the sacrifice had nothing to do with what the sacrifice was, but it had everything to do with the thoughts and actions of Cain and Abel.  That is why RasTafarI said,

[6] And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
[7] If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

And that is also why it said,

[4] And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
[5] But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Selassie I didn't have respect unto Cain's offering, because he didn't have respect to Cain because of his behaviour.

This kind of thing is also shown in this Psalm

Psalms 51
[1] Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
[2] Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
[3] For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
[4] Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
[5] Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
[6] Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
[7] Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
[8] Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
[9] Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
[10] Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
[11] Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
[12] Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
[13] Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
[14] Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
[15] O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
[16] For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
[17] The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
[18] Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
[19] Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

=======================================

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 10/2/2013 11:11:37 AM

Greetings;

just check this out Idren.

http://www.jewishveg.com/JudaismAndVegetarianism/JudaismandVegetarianism2001.pdf

BLESSED;

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 10/2/2013 1:18:00 PM

That Psalms is powerful Ark 1, good post. Selassie I

Messenger: Sister Sent: 10/2/2013 3:53:06 PM

Ras Nate - thanks for the link its an interesting book, plenty of biblical reasoning and more (quotes below). I dont even want to put more on this one as there is one meat-minded man thats trying to spread misinformation and some of what he says is offensive, and repetitive. Give thanks for the truthful reasonings of others.

"The more we live as if this were the messianic age
the closer we are to it."

(after the flood) "....because people had descended to such an
extremely low spiritual level, it was necessary that they be taught to value human life above that of animals, and that they first emphasize the improvement of relationships between people. He felt that if people were denied the right to eat the flesh of animals, some might eat the flesh of human beings instead, due to their inability to control a lust for flesh. He regarded the permission to slaughter animals for food as a “transitional tax,” or temporary dispensation, until a “brighter era” dawns, when people
will return to vegetarian diets."

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 72

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I