Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5292&start_row=1

Addis Ababa

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 9/19/2013 10:44:03 PM

what is its importance in rastafari and was there anything biblical reference of Empress Menen???? I ask so I can overstand more. I feel I know much about his majesty but little about the empress.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 9/19/2013 11:40:07 PM

1 Kings 10-11 refers to the Queen of Sheba's visit to Solomon and Solomon's son "whom He chooses" in the KJV. That unmentioned name of son of Solomon's is the same aswas the first king of Ethiopia.

As InI overstand it

Because that they have forsaken me, and have worshipped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Milcom the god of the children of Ammon, and have not walked in my ways, to do that which is right in mine eyes, and to keep my statutes and my judgments, as did David his father. Howbeit I will not take the whole kingdom out of his hand: but I will make him prince all the days of his life for David my servant's sake, whom I chose, because he kept my commandments and my statutes: But I will take the kingdom out of his son's hand, and will give it unto thee, even ten tribes.
(1Ki 11:33-35)

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/21/2013 4:00:38 PM

Addis Ababa holds the same significance to I and I as it does to Haile Selassie I as the 'New Flower' (rough translation from Amharic) of Ethiopia, intended as a modern capital city to represent the highest of aspirations of the Ethiopian people.

Biblically I would say there are mentions of Empress Menen I specifically in Revelation as the wife of the new messiah, and the divine spirit of the Mother and Queen of Creation that Empress Menen I manifests is there as the Idren mentions in the Queen of Sheba as well as Mary the mother of Yahshua, Sarah the wife of Abraham as well as many other female biblical characters. In terms of learning about the life of Empress Menen I Herself though, I've been trying to gather the money to order this biography of Empress Menen I which claims to be a comprehensive study of the Empress. Because I have to ship accross to England it's a bit expensive for I at this time, so I haven't read it yet. Definitely though plenty forget to give Empress Menen I the glory, honour and respect she deserves. I and I should all know about and glorify the woman who stood beside Haile Selassie I through thick and thin and bore His children into the world, otherwise I and I can't expect I and I daughters to grow in those footsteps. I and I must all remember the importance and dignty of women and work to foster a positive and divine example among both men and women towards and among one another and the world and Empress Menen I is key to that example, its not complete with just Haile Selassie I.

Blessed love

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 9/29/2013 10:00:07 PM

Can you tell me more about Addis Ababa

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/30/2013 2:51:07 AM

I have never been there personally, so a more complete description might come from a Ras who has trod there, but I know it was founded by Emperor Menelik II with the intention, as I stated, of being the modern capital of a united Ethiopia. Interestingly, it apparently had electric street lighting before even many European cities, and throughout the reigns of Menelik and Haile Selassie I it was built up as a modern city with the intention of showcasing to the world the progress Ethiopia was making as a nation and showcasing to the Ethiopian people the potential of material and technological advancement.

Sadly that is all I can really offer on the subject. I pray one day I might visit the city and be able to give a fuller description.

Blessed love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/30/2013 4:06:35 AM

It is also the home of the headquarters of the African Union, formerly the Organisation of African Unity founded by Haile Selassie I and other independent African leaders. The city was chosen in recognition of Ethiopia's place as the only African nation never to be (successfully) colonised through the resistance of the Ethiopian people and in recognition of Haile Selassie I's founding role and position as the symbolic and practical father of African unity.

Blessed love

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 9/30/2013 11:42:34 AM

Beautiful give thanks i

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/26/2013 7:00:27 AM

Importance of addis?

The capital of a land mass which was once the birth place of humanity
The capital of a land mass which has never succumbed or bowed to foreign invasion (and the only African country which can claim this..)
The capital and main place of business for HiM
The HeadQuarters of the Organisation of African Unity

As far as the modern day addis - this is mainly due to the influence of HiM. Previous rulers such as the great Menelik II did not trust the European or Arab in the slightest to use any of their technology. And the idea that one needs Babylon technology to have 'aspirations' is simply not true.

As for the Queen and Empress most high, Rastafari was crowned with his wife. There's no separation of the two. Cannot have man without woman. This is an important original African Kushite principle. Whenever we hear of Horus we hear of Isis, Ethiopians have been practicing this balance ever since they walked down the Nile and decided to build pyramid. The trinity of man woman and child has been upheld since creation. Unfortunately a group of homosexual Europeans with Patriarchal views and ideology changed it to the spirit instead of the woman in the trinity, and put out a book named Bible which among other things can be highly suppressive to women. I wouldn't look to the Bible for validation of my Queen and Goddess.

LAVA

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I