Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5281&start_row=1

Now

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 9/5/2013 6:58:53 PM

Dwelling on past mistakes and worrying about the future is futile. Only that which is in the present is real. We cant change the past and the future can only affect us in the now. So many of us miss out on life by focusing on how good or bad tomorrow may be. If we instead realised that life is happening around us now we would wake up and give thanks for every minute. Love Jah today and not tomorrow. Own every minute. be mindful of every breath we breath it is all a gift... So many mental issues are caused when we fixate on how bad things may be. People are controlled and ruled by the mind when we should be controlling and ruling ourselves. Step back, breath and be aware of your thoughts how much is really real and how much is self perpetuated illusion ?

Blessed Love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/5/2013 7:52:58 PM

A true wordsound Idren. It cuts out a lot of confusion when I and I focus on the present. Definately the root of what babylon calls mental illness is a tendancy to fret about the past and future to a level that it unbalances people, and that is a pitfall I and I should avoid.

Give thanks

Blessed love

Messenger: DURU Sent: 9/24/2013 11:46:09 AM

Blessed to All,

yes I, Idren Mathew , if InI can love now then InI can love forever, because now is forever and yesterday and tomorrow are mere thoughts , since the mind can't grasp now because if the mind think of now it already becomes the past , Right Here Right now is Mt.Zion always been ever will be .

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: everton Sent: 9/24/2013 5:45:58 PM

Mathew, you should be careful what you say. Can you give up the idea of Rasta? Mind itself is a mental construct under observation, much less its content and the ideas that it creates.
Nothing you can experience is real, the real cannot be contacted. You only know what is in your mind, anything beyond it you are just guessing.
Let him who has nothing standing between him and the field of consciousness claim liberation from the mind and not a moment sooner. All ideas need to be abandoned before any further progress can be made. All mental groves need to be iron out. How can you be so sure of the reality? You can only be sure of one thing, you exist. Everything else dissolves. You are merely describing a play which takes place in your mind. Do you know who you are, what you are or where you come from? Did your parents give birth to you or you to them? Where are you going? I doubt whether you know the answer to any of these fundamental questions. Volition of an individual is an illusion, since you cannot know what it was before you started to think about what it was you were doing at any given point in space time. you can only be aware of the impulse, what was it before? To know what is happening in consciousness, first you need to find the doer, and since there are no doers in consciousness it is an impossibility to know. If your harbour ideas about the reality then you are not in control, the idea is in control of you, whether good or bad. You are what you think. If you represent an idea, then you will die with that representation. Life doesn't need representing, it can hold its own. Consciousness is pure in the beginning and pure in the end. It is that which lies in between that get contaminated with wrong ideas.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/25/2013 10:14:03 PM

Matthew,

Just because Fire is dangerous and can bring harm and destruction, doesn't mean I and I should not use it, because it also brings and has brought us many good things.

I and I should not dwell on the past or worry about the future, and I and I shouldn't miss out on the present.  I and I must also remember that dwelling isn't the only thing that can be done with the past, and worrying isn't the only thing that can be done with the future.  I and I can Learn from the past and apply that Knowledge and Wisdom now or in the plans for the future.  I and I can also plan, do and prepare things now, so that the nows of the future are better or at the very least as good as now.

The past, present and future is real, with or without us being a part of it.  I and I should use all of it for the good of ourselves and others.  Haile Selassie I gave I and I memory for a purpose, so we can remember the past and apply it now.  Haile Selassie I gave I and I a mind that can think and plan for a purpose, so that I and I can apply the knowledge of the past and present to our plans for the future, so I and I can Itinue to advance.

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 9/29/2013 4:03:54 AM

Wisdom indeed

I and I maintain focus on actions today, ever presently giving consideration to how they will benefit or harm the future.

Selah

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I