Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5248&start_row=1

Mental Illness

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nicki Irie Sent: 8/9/2013 6:24:04 AM

I was recently diagnosed with Health Anxiety in early July 2013.

I turned to RasTafarI in May 2013, I got my dreadlocks, turned away from meat and it made me feel a difference in my herb smoking.

In early July, I had my first anxiety attack out of no where. One minute I'm on the computer listening to Bob Marley, next minute my heart is racing at 170 beats per minute, my face went pale and I was hyperventilating.

Now I haven't been able to connect with Jah, give my offering of the sacred herb because every time I smoke, my heart starts racing and I just freak out so badly. I think I'm going to have a heart attack and I'm constantly checking my pulse.

I don't know what to do. I feel like I can't be the potential Rasta I want to be. It hurts deep inside. It might sound weird to some of you but I feel like crying because no matter how hard I try, it just doesn't go away.

It's like evil won't get away from me.
I refuse to take babylonian medication because I know its not natural.

What do you think I should do? I feel trapped and alone.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/9/2013 8:19:03 AM

For a start, put down the herb. Ganja does not make one RastafarI, and it is not compulsory (or even always advisable) that I and I smoke it to make that Innection with the Most High dwelling within I and I. I am not going to beat around the bush (no pun intended) with this, because if that is the effect it is having, then the I is not ready, or perhaps not even suited to smoking herb, and depending on where the I is getting it from, it might not even be good herb. Sounds like some unbalanced skunk weed if I'm honest.

What is commonly called and diagnosed as mental illness in this day and age is actually simply caused by biological and spiritual imbalances within I and I that cause the emotional and sometimes physical reactions the I describes. The I is right to refuse the medications, because although they attempt to regulate the chemical imbalance by affecting the mind to work in certain ways, they are far from healing tools and often cause further imbalances with their effects since many are actually toxic. True healing can only come from within the I.

As the I says, it feels like evil won't leave from around the I, so first things first, chase it away! Put all wickedness in the I to rest as best the I can and persevere in conquering the lower nature of the Iself that causes the I to slump into self pity and anxiety. Pray, Iditate and step up the I's Livity to higher levels and the Innection with the Most High will grow as naturally as herb, strengthening the I from within. Cultivate and care for it as the I would tend the same herb tree, keeping it free of weeds, well watered and fed and rightfully pruned. Reject all labels and diagnoses of illness and take control of the I's own mind and actions. Build discipline and patience, which are the foundations of the self-mastery that I and I must achieve. If the I needs to cry to let go of the negativity, then cry, and cry for all those who are alone and afraid, cornered by babylon, but be sure to release whatever is holding the I down in this depression. Do not let it become a millstone around the I's neck, dragging the I back into the depths of babylon.

When I and I are living, breathing, walking and working within the will of the Lord of Lords Haile Selassie I, what is there in this world to be anxious about?

More love, guidance and protection.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/9/2013 11:37:43 PM

Ganja causes the heart to beat faster, but not so much that it is dangerous or even noticeable unless you time your pulse. It is your anxiety attack that caused your heartbeat to race. If it is being triggered right now with Ganja, then at the very least, the I should get yourself forward into balance before smoking again.

RasTafarI people are not supposed to worry about things that other people worry about in life. I and I are supposed to Trust in Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I for all things, and Learn to Live in Oneness with the Most High and remove all sins. Train yourself to relax, Iditate and pay attention to what your mind thinks and the steps it goes through. Not just during times of anxiety attacks, but during other times as well. The I is likely too high strung on many occasions where it doesn't always result in serious anxiety, but it keeps your mind in an imbalance and this causes your mind to produce chemicals and hormones in an imbalanced way, leaving you at risk for anxiety attacks and possibly other problems. Don't let yourself get to a point where medication becomes necessary for your safety or the safety of others. The medication will cause even more imbalance, because it is not designed to bring your mind into balance. It is designed to either block the chemicals that are produced in excess, or mimic chemicals that your mind should be producing itself in the correct balance. And on top of that, none of their chemicals will make you feel normal, it will just make you feel a different kind of imbalance.

Here is a Reasonng I made before
Mental illness and Babylon medication

Messenger: Nicki Irie Sent: 8/10/2013 7:20:35 AM

Thank you guys so much for all this.

Others try to give me advice but getting advice from a fellow brethren/sistren puts my mind at ease.
I went to the lake today and just sat on top of a rock and just watched the water and the sky and listened to the birds chirping. It was the most relaxing day I've had in a long time.

When you guys say to balance myself, how can I do so? I'm still new to all this and I'm not sure what I should be doing or if I'm even doing it right.

Big rispeck <3

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/10/2013 8:30:47 AM

Going out to sit and be at peace in nature from time to time is a good start. Aside from that, practice meditation by simply sitting and observing the I's thoughts slipping by as the I concentrates on the breath, not becoming attached to the thoughts. Persevere with this until the I can silence the mind and listen to the I's inner I. Pray and give voice to the I's inner self. Voice the I's concerns and anxieties to the Most High and ask for guidance and pure heart, wise mind and overstanding to overcome all self-imposed barriers and boundaries to the I's true divine self that knows neither fear nor anxiety. And don't forget to give thanks and praise for every blessing the I receives. It will be a learning process, but the I must seek self knowledge and build Ifidence in the Iself to overcome all obstacles and imbalances. Seek good knowledge and wisdom to overstand it, and make pure and unconditional love the I's guiding motive in everything until the I lives it instinctively.

Do that with discipline and perseverance even through the roughest of times and the I will become gradually more balanced in the Iself.

More health and strength. Selassie I guide and protect.

Blessed love

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 8/10/2013 9:24:17 AM

Greetings I,
my friend no panic please,i-man had the same thing,but then me noticed it was the wickedness within me and sometime is smoke a strong spliff and all my body shake for about an hour,or so,but I find it somehow a cleaning process,and afterwards i feel better when it stops.

try to focus on RASTAFARI,when you smoke,and he will calm your heart if you call pon him in truth...
also try reading(chanting)psalms,it will give you that lion vibration,and fix your weak heart.

ps:yes I,nature and fresh air meditation is real good idea too...

jah bless,and guide you,amen.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/10/2013 3:19:22 PM

As INI turn from bad habits food, lifestyle, and start taking better care of I selfs, the toxing of mind body and soul leave...and it does not always feel nice....

Id advice do some cleansing , blood purifying, go to sauna to help purge toxins out, the blood can be reacting to old toxins of flesh being releleased into blood stream therefor interupting the heart(fast beats) and mind(anxiety).

Sauna and prayer and fasting, lots of fresh juices fruits, veggi juices.... meditation, ask Jah for forgivness of sin known and unknown

a healthy spirit must build a healthy body

In every situation there is a lesson to study

Wisdom knowledge Overstanding and Love

Jah Bless and Jah heal Jah Purify and Rejuvenate

Jah restoration and vitalize

Rastafari Live Strong

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/10/2013 3:31:28 PM

Eating just a tiny amount of this nasty ingredient can increase your risk of heart disease and promote accumulation of visceral fat – a dangerous kind of belly fat that’s almost impossible to get rid of.

Well, believe it or not, MANY of the foods that show “Zero Trans Fat” on the label actually contain a TON of it.

Ital is Vital, Know your food, if its not medicine its killin I

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/10/2013 7:52:28 PM

That point by the Idren Jessep is important to note as well; the mind is not independent of the body, so taking care of the I's physical structure is very important for maintaining a healthy and balanced mind. Since the I has only recently left behind flesh eating, the I's body will still be in the process of metabolizing and cleaning out the acidic and toxic buildups that accumulate from such food, which can have mental and emotional effects and if the I has been one to eat processed foods, leave them behind as best the I can as well, because often they contain a lot of poor quality and/or toxic ingredients that are really not fit for human consumption. Things like processed white flour and fried fatty foods along with snack foods like potato chips and such things are probably the worst offenders.

Try to get good exercise as well. Not necessarily weights and things like that, but there are physical exercises that also work with I and I spiritual upliftment like certain kinds of yoga and chi gong that stretch, activate and purify the energetic channels of I and I structure and help to maintain a balanced spiritual and physical body in which a healthy mind can flourish.

Blessed love

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 8/11/2013 1:40:16 AM

Nazarite I, how is white flour harmful, can the I specify? whould that rule out most bread, pasta and such foods?

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I