Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5244&start_row=1

Trying to find myself

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Malformedpeach Sent: 8/5/2013 10:17:52 AM

Hi, Im and 18 year old boy living in sweden and im just trying to figure my life out after years and years of pain. I read alot of stuff about Rastafari and found this site and thought i might aswell try to get some answers.

1. What is rastafari?
2. how do you pray?
3. What does cannabis have to do with this religion?
4. is anyone welcome to "join" this religion?
5. how does one practice the religion?

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 8/5/2013 6:34:49 PM

Greetings Malformedpeach,
I will do I best to answer your questions

I must first say that Ras Tafari is the pre-coronation name of Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie I (Power of the Holy Trinity), The Lion of Judah, Elect of God, Earth's Rightful Ruler. When one associates themselves with "Rasta" or RasTafari, they are claiming a living tribute to the Life and Teachings of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I the First.

With that being said, RasTafarI is not a "religion." It is a way of life, and like all ways of life, it is very diversified with many different beliefs and customs. This is why I can only answer these questions from I own experience and faith---which is a fundamental part of RasTafarI livity; to spiritually grow and develop knowledge from connecting actions and reactions in daily life. Since we all have different life experiences, I and I do not consider RasTafarI to be an exclusive trod with strict dogmas or partial adherence.

Everyone has potential to live rightly, that is, by giving full respect and consideration to Jah Creation. When I first discovered the Collective Peace that Haile Selassie I pursued and defended, I felt something penetrate deeply into I spirit. My worldview was transformed and refined the more I learned of HIM story and History untold to I as a youth--- Like how RasTafari came to the U.S. and met with high government officials and fiercely stood for righteous international relations and communication. I was inspired to do right, for I had been exposed to the true light and likeness of what humanity and world governance should be.

Before this realization, I had been introduced to Cannabis. The herb for I was a way to fully expand I scope of the world---sort of like coming out of the long, dark Babylonian tunnel and emerging to see the magnificent light of Zion. Ganja is a tool for ones trying to find themselves as it brings forth heightened levels of Creativity and awareness. It is healing, as the herb brings rest for those who need it and inspires natural meditation to gain access to situations from a fresh and Higher perspective. Granted, everything we ingest or take in from the environment has the ability to profoundly effect who we are, so RasTafarI are strictly conscious of the things I and I eat, drink, or smoke. In I sight, each one has their own balance to achieve, so what some may prefer may not be the way for others. However Cleanliness is a must, and over time, Ital becomes the plain solution.

RasTafarI children are concerned about all things vital and natural; Ital. I and I prefer to pray and eat and live in a way that is not harmful or destructive towards the Earth's many life-giving processes. While still a work in progress, I do I best to live with respect for each life and work of Jah. It is a constant obligation that future generations depend on.

I hope you can come to feel the grace and power of RasTafarI, and may the improvement we seek be met with full coherence.

Messenger: Soul Rebel Sent: 8/5/2013 7:34:39 PM

Greetings Idren
Rastafari is love Rastafari is life Rastafarian is the follower of that life there is no set way to pray Rastafari is a personal journey the only thing one must do in order to be rasta is to know that Haille Selassie I is the living and breathing god cannabis is used as a sacrement to get greater overstanding and closer relation to the most high it is not a recreational activity and is to be taken seriously i man give thanks to jah before i partake of it noone joins rasta onesimply follows the life of Rastafari as i said earlier we are all part of life and share the most highs breath and spirit that is where the term i and i comes from there is no u and me for we are all connected and share in this life if one seeks to learn about rasta i man suggest one learns about Selassie I first his life lineage and his words for that is the root of the livity i also suggest one learns about marcus garvey and leonard howell for they are the first to recognize the divinty of the most high learn about solomon and menelik I for they are the ancestors of JAH the i has done well in asking here for guidance but to truly learn one must seek knowledge and counsel on his own as well as from others i have been rastafarian for 8 years and am half mexican and half sicillian

Messenger: Malformedpeach Sent: 8/8/2013 2:07:00 PM

Thank you both for answering me! I feel i got a better understanding of your way of life and would like to learn more and try to live my life the same way you do as i feel it might bring peace to my soul. Where can i learn more about the rastafari way of life?

I see you mostly write "I" instead of "me" "You" and so on, why is that?

Messenger: DURU Sent: 8/8/2013 6:26:18 PM

Blessed to all,

yes I, malformedpeach, it simply means d I in you and all of us are all d same I, you an me refers to d personality and personality limits InI potentials but d I refers to life and consciousness which is unlimited or eternal , but this includes in all creation this is why InI live Ital.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I