Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5211&start_row=1

Donate to the Fellow Bredren

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 7/4/2013 3:23:40 PM

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO GIVE ANY AMOUNT (even $1) IT WOULD BE APPRICIATED! and if you are able or not thank you anyways and please pass on.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/fzm2/rastafari-in-the-21st-century

Bless.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/4/2013 4:08:49 PM

Before anyone donates to this cause (which is each Ones free choice), I feel they should read this piece about the UWI's activities:

Report on the Mission to Africa Report

I've never had any links with UWI, but if this report is accurate, they do not necessarily have RastafarI's best interests at heart.

Blessed love

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 7/5/2013 9:00:16 AM

Seen, but the bredren isn't aligned with any mission to Africa he just found a site where people can donate to. He is just trying to raise a mere $2,000 to get to Jamaica because he personally doesn't have enough. He was invited to speak but he has to be the one to pay for getting there. (Nazarite_I I will look into but please know that the bredren has no intention of hurting or damaging the livity he would like the TRUTH to be spread just as much as many of us do. But he is going further than just talking he is doing. So I thank you. You not have to give anything Nazarite_I if you feel it isn't right I just hope you or someone would help a fellow bredren that's trying to do the right thing. I wont convince you, cocorse you or force you. I just ask. And like I said before if you don't send anything that's fine too.) :)

http://docs.google.com/document/d/1O9yGdNZB2t7iLVYV7NYZ7JV2n9TX88VDSJoIxI3xdCA/edit?usp=sharing

This is from the link above of what he will be discussing:

Abstract

This essay examines key philosophical views of Rastafari while correlating them with current literature. The synthesis provides a foundation for a social change proposal. This essay contains three parts: a) philosophies, b) current literature, and social change proposal. It offers a critical examination of the philosophies of Marcus Garvey, Haile Selassie I, and Emmanuel Charles Edwards. The analysis includes an assessment of the similarities, differences, and uniqueness of their views on African (Black) liberation. The key concepts discussed are identity, centralization, leadership, and repatriation. The second component, current literature, is a literature review centered around the themes Rastafari identity and Rastafari in various socio-cultural contexts. The review includes a critical analysis of the objectives, theoretical framework, and social change implications of select literature. The review offers insight on current thinking and issues within Rastafari. The social change section focus on a social change project "Rastafari Education and Economic Ministry ". The social change initiative is a model for collective identity, centralization, and repatriation.

Key Words: Rastafari, identity, social movement, Rastafari movement, culture, African liberation, repatriation

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/5/2013 9:52:39 AM

Overstood Sister. I wasn't questioning the Idren himself, I'm sure he's heartical enough to even be looking to make such movements and take on such works in the first place; it is the institution of the University of the West Indies I was encouraging Ones to look into.
I don't know the fullness of the truth on the matter, but having read that report and heard certain Reasonings from Elders on their activities, I just had to bring it forward to give a next perspective, because not everyone among I and I is satisfied that the institution (although not necessarily those within it) has anything other than it's professional reputation at heart.

Blessed heart of love

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 7/5/2013 12:06:35 PM

Oh ok. I hope I didn't come off as argumentative because I wasn't trying too. But I thank you for the info I myself didn't know of them till you said something. I see if I can search around as well as read your article. So I thank you because as you said many may not know about them and whatever they may be up to needs to be known.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/5/2013 2:26:22 PM

No argument Sister, just giving thanks for the clarification from the I and clarifying what I was saying further.

More love and strength to the I and the Idren on his trod.

Blessed love

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I