Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=520&start_row=21

The First Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/18/2004 6:18:13 PM

"The Kebra Nagast: The Lost Rastafarian Bible of Ethiopia & Jamaica"

I have also read this book and liked it, the Roskinds book however gives you much interesting about their contacts to Rastas in JA but is not really about RastafarI but more about one love and how to apply it in our lifes to make the world a better place. He has met many Rastas incl. Denroy Morgan, Luciano, Mortimo Planno, Dennis Forsythe and others in JA and actually tried to actively, together with the Idren, change JA/and the world into a better place through overstanding, applying and teaching one love. Positive vibes can never be bad.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/18/2004 6:24:41 PM

Those things he speaks of are part of the Ten-Point Moral Code, and is what RastafarI organization strike to do is promote and ways to life better through oneness with all I's therefore be directly about RastafarI.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/18/2004 11:29:22 PM

You mean Roskind? Well in that way you are absolutely right. Is the 10-P Code given by Selassie? Well one love is what JAH wants so in that sense yes. I just meant it takes a different approach than many other books. After all yes it is about JAH. I didnt make my reasoning clear in what sense I see the book differently. Thanks for the reasoning.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/19/2004 12:22:13 AM

The Ten-Point Moral code was written by Ras Sam Brown a leading figure of the RastafarI movement after Howell. You can find the 10-Point Moral code on my website.

Herbsta Man

Sincerly,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/19/2004 11:00:16 AM

Yeah I remember now. I saw it the other day but didnt remember. You mentioned it on the other post.

Thanks!

Did you read the Rasta Heart book? I think any positive message is a good one (given that we know positive is JAH in that sense)

I think next i will get the Selassie Autobiography, which books about Selassie can you recommend?

Many Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/19/2004 12:20:52 PM

Their has already been a conversation on the Autobiography's. I my self have not yet purchased one yet but I am looking forward in doing so.

HIM Autobiography

As for the book "Rasta Heart" I plan on buying it. It seems to be a good book, the author talks to several RastafarIans, goes over their storys and writes them in this book. If you could give me more information on it I would be grateful.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/19/2004 12:53:50 PM

Thanks Brethren,

Did you know on Amazon.com, you can read the first few pages of many books right online. Also, you can get more infos on the author website rastaheart.com.

Many things in the books will no be so much news for someone that has been involved with Rastafari consciously for a while.

There are 3 books written on one

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/19/2004 12:54:58 PM

Thanks Brethren,

Did you know on Amazon.com, you can read the first few pages of many books right online. Also, you can get more infos on the author website rastaheart.com.

Many things in the books will no be so much news for someone that has been involved with Rastafari consciously for a while.

There are 3 books written on one love. The author most definately has taken in all he learned and made his life better that way as well.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/20/2004 3:03:40 PM

Yes, that is how I gained knowledge of this book for thee beginning. I have now begun reading "Rastafari: Roots & Ideology" it is very good far thought like many books like to trace the history before RastafarI and it is not was I bought the book. But Iman still read because I beleive reading good for thee soul and I want to have the feeling of accomplishment after I have finsihed thee hole book. Iman felt very delighted when I finished the first two.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/26/2004 10:36:02 PM

Later on in the book RasTafarI: Roots and Ideology it will get into more writings about RasTafarI people. There is sections about the Bobo, Nyahbinghi and others.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I