Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5162&start_row=1

Rastafari Diet

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fry Davis Sent: 5/29/2013 2:34:46 PM

Hello Idren InI have rather recently became a Rasta and am having trouble with the diet. InI have looked and it's very unclear what InI can eat and can't eat. InI would also apprecilove if you could add simple things InI could eat or buy at the store.

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 5/29/2013 5:45:08 PM

Greetings Fry Davis
You can eat whatever you want to eat because it is your own choice. But if you wanna live a strict ital livity then you must stop eating certain things. Well first begin with stop eating meat and fish and other animal substances like dairy and eggs. It is hard for some people at the beginning but it will be normal for yourself later. Also try to eat as less chemicals as possible. Here in babylon almost everything is processed in supermarkets and food is full of artifical substances in most cases. But be strong and live up and abstain from those things. You will get more benefit out of it for yourself. Salt is also not ital only natural sea salt which is not always easy to get. I mean real natural sea salt not jodium salt or processed sea salt. Salt makes food a different taste and it changes alot in the food. It is not pure anymore when you add salt. The same thing is with sugar actually but most sugar is less processed then salt. But everything is up to you. You eat what you want to eat its your own body and it is your own choice.
Ital is vital

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/29/2013 7:52:30 PM

It is not RasTafarI diet, it is RasTafarI Livet.

At a minimum, stop eating flesh. And to be more strict, stop eating and drinking milk and milk products. And to be stricter still, don't ingest chemicals (so no processed food) or use salt in your food.

Some RasTafarI people will eat fish, but it better to avoid all flesh. Keeping I and I body clear of chemicals and dead flesh helps I and I Trod in I and I Iritual Heights.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/30/2013 8:00:48 PM

when I first went Ital I went to beans and rice with veggies for dinner about every night..........and just one meal at high noon

Now I just eat raw foods ...fruits veggies, greens, nuts, seeds, herbs....

soaking and sprouting the raw nuts and seeds

juicing lots of greens and fruits

yes Jah Guide

use your intuition to listen to your body and its needs

it will take a while to tell the difference from cravings and addictions from real needs, but the more pure and clear the body is and more sensitive Iya becomes through meditation and deep listening ...experiment with all the produce

get a cook books and vegan, vegetarian, raw.....

Two I recomend that I stumbled upon on this Ital path of life are:

Rasta cook Book By Laura and Ivor Osborne

Ani Raw Food Kitchen By Ani Pho

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I