Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5144&start_row=1

In need of Financial Help - Please Help.

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Conscious Ras Sent: 5/9/2013 5:41:00 AM

Greeting Jah men and women in the name of the Almighty God.
Iman is in some serious deep trouble with money and would apprecilove if anyone here reading this mesage to help i out.
I recently got a friend who decided to start up a business of selling canvas shoes in Mombasa Kenya. We both live in Nairobi but when we opened the business my business partner went to Mombasa to start the business becuse it would be expensive for the both of us with the little money we had. We asked around for some capital every single day but it was in vain. No one was willing to give i n i 30,000 kenya shillings.
We decided to go to a loan shark who would loan us the money if we give out a collateral item. My friend suggested i give my laptop for loan and he would be able to attain the 30k and pay back. We got the cash, bought the stock and the next day he was on his way to mombasa. When he got there little did we know about the famous voodoo. My friend got an apartment which was owned by a swahili. Apparently hes been having nightmares and he cant function at all. Hes gone to church yesterday and he was prayed for by the pastor.
I was left in nairobi and i have to gather exactly 30k and pay the loan shark to get the laptop back. I am in sxhool andi need that laptop inorder to do school work plus my parent wont be me another one at all.
I am asking anyone here to assist me with some cash around 400 dollars which is equal to around 30k. I havent told my parents as they would not be pleased at all with me. Its a very complicated situation. The friend who was to help i out with the cash wont pick my calls at all and wont even communicate about anything. Ive been left all alone with noone to help me. My friends have all deserted me as u know u only know a true persons identity when.it comes to money. Most of the people who call themselves my friend have turned around and wont even speak to me as i seem to be a nuisance to them.
I have very few days to pay back the money which is until next week on monday. I kindly ask for the ras to send i some money through western union. I havent eaten lunch in two days as i spend most of it looking for money.
If anyone here wishes to help a brother out pliz give me a call my cell number is +254715937963. My name is Jillo. I ask from the bottom of my heart for help i have no where else to go. My parents are not in an understanding with i at all. If anyone here can spare that amount of money for a good cause please western union i the money.
I havent lost hope yet and im not planning on doing so at all because i am strong inside. No matter what the problem i still have strong faith. Please anyone kindly respond back with a feedback no matter what be it prayers or strong words to strengthen my faith.
i need guidance right now and this is the place i seek refuge.
Selah Itinually.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 5/9/2013 9:53:59 AM

Keep faith is all I can say as I have no money. I was kicked out of I house for being a Ras and was in a similar situation but I cannot lie and say I have ever gone two days without lunch. I live in a government-run group home as of now and if I had any money I ensure to the I that I would send the I some money.

Blessed love, is the I familiar with American currency as I am not familiar with Kenyan currency?

Messenger: Conscious Ras Sent: 5/9/2013 10:01:18 AM

Bless my brother,
Yes i, i not lose faith at all for i know i will find a way. I am familiar with the dollar system. 1 dollar = 80-85 kenya shillings. It goes up and down everyday not very stable but it ranges between there.
I thank you for the faith brother. I too started growing locs and became distant with i family, they think i lost it but i keep faith in Jah and know all is good with the I. Bless man i apprecilove the help.

Messenger: Conscious Ras Sent: 5/9/2013 10:37:52 AM

On my way from my school.i currently attend, iman found ksh100 on the ground, its about 1 dollar and 25 cents but its still quite worth sth here with our different monetary system. I wondered what to do with it so i went to my place and smoked some herb. I realised if i left it there someone else would take it so i took it too but withba different conscious that i can use it for a purpose. What do the i think, i havent used yet but im left wonderin what it is.
its been tough, i had to save up money so i would eat at night only same as the next day. I am ised to fasting so i am used to it, aslong as i have water im.good to go. thanks for ur faith brother.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 5/9/2013 11:29:36 AM

I imagine if the I live in Nairobi then it would be difficult to track down who misplaced the money, so the only thing to do is use it. Here in America, 1 dollar and 25 cents can't really buy much. What could 1 dollar and 25 cents buy there?

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Conscious Ras Sent: 5/9/2013 11:51:12 AM

Well the thing is the colonists had to find a way and distort our vision of money. We think we have alot of money here in africa butvwhen.we travel outside its actually nothing except for S.A its pretty expensive over there. The main reason theyvdid this was to keep us in Africa and not travrl outside the continent. Thus someone in America who has 1 dollar seems like nothing but if you convert it to ourvsystem its pretty much nothing. You can only stuf like bread, milj, eggs, etc. There alot of things it can buy only basic stuff. The money goes up in value,100,200,500 & 1000. If you want to understand it look at ou forex trade and you will know. 1 dollar = 80 shillings. 1 sterling pound = 120 kenya shillings. u multiply to know how much it costs in shillings and divide to know how much it costs in dollars. you have to know the value of the money first. Its messed up but i encourage the i to look it up online.
Any help appreciloved from the i
bless.

Messenger: Conscious Ras Sent: 5/9/2013 5:08:53 PM

Pliz if anyone can.offer any assitance to the i,i would really love it. I have no means of getting out of this fix. I.dont work only in school that is why im in need of help.
Thank you bless.

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 5/9/2013 10:23:14 PM

Please get a paypal so if someone does have money they can send it that way.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/9/2013 10:32:20 PM

Sorry, I can't help. The I should tell your parents. I am guessing that your laptop is worth more money than the loan. They might help you out, but if you wait until you lose your laptop, then it will cost more and they will not likely buy a new laptop. They might not help, but at least give them a chance to help before it is too late.

They will probably lecture you and they should, what you did was foolish. The I should humble yourself and take any criticism they give you. And learn a lesson so you don't repeat the same mistake.

Messenger: Conscious Ras Sent: 5/10/2013 3:44:41 AM

Thank you for ur concerns. im also thinking the same way ark about talking to my parents. Have to face the wrath of my foolishness.
I dont use paypal much over here western union is much faster and more common to use where i stay at.
Bless

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I