Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5134&start_row=1

Dancehall

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/26/2013 10:47:58 AM

Do any of the I's on the forum listen to dancehall? I personally think that it is more uplifting and conscious than hip hop or rap.

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 4/27/2013 4:18:28 PM

I listen to some dancehall, if it has heart. If the music doesn't have heart, then I don't care much to listen to it.

If the musician is singing or speaking, then I ask, what is their message?

Some say that dancehall is too fast tempo, among other criticisms. I say there is some truth in the criticisms: Word, Sound, Power.

It's been said that when the music of a society changes, the whole society changes.

Word and Sound have the Power to create.

Blessed Love,
Warrior Dove

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/28/2013 12:41:05 AM

My bradas. Nuff people like to create unecessary fuss over petty issues n dis is a stumbling block to world peace. As far as music is concerned de masage from de lyrics is what make it to be either upful or not. Whether reggea, rap, RnB, jazz, country, rock, pop, classic, poetry or any other kind of music it can be upful so long as de lyrics are upful. Just listen to any music with upful lyrics. De tempo or beat is designed to make yu enjoy listening to de lyrics. Tempo may be fast or slow but it got no thing to do with upfulness. One perfect love.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/16/2013 8:47:52 PM

Iv witness evil wickedness, and sexual, immorality, non integrity in dancehall, far from thanks and praises to Jah many dancehall musicians are!

Rasta Far Eye discern all things, with lazer righteous Jah Judgment know right from wrong , Jah gives truth to INI eyes to see what good for our soul and liberates it and what enslaves it to pleasures and materialism, what will come and break all chains of attachment to babylon and take INI to higher grounds in lords mountains of Zion
Not dancehall!!! not At All! Better to chant a psalmand shake a rattle like a young child of The Most high Jah

Stricktly roots, especially nyabingi for I Iya irits

let INI create and share hola a davine hymns and communicate with them

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/16/2013 8:51:15 PM

dont subsitute a lesser evil(evil dancehall) for a leser evil(evil rap ,and other genres too)
go straight for righteousness and the higher..Most high Good...There Jah is with the best choices of right never evil(alot or less) banush all wickedness little things add up

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/17/2013 2:02:55 AM

Like I seh any music can be upful. Wat mek it upful is de lyrical content. If yu ear people sayin evil tings in any music don't blame de music but blame de people. Its de people dat speak de negative words. To make music upful yu don't need to change de type of music all yu need is to cange de words. Adawise listen to watever yu feel inpire yu. Just like dancehall, some may sing negative but some sing positive, so if some idem love dancehall dem na need to supress dem desire but dem can enjoy de upful dancehall. Example many idrens do enjoy upful dancehall tunes by Sizzla, Buju, Mason, Antony, Capleton, Fantan e,t,c. So wat yu tink its de words not de tempo or musical instrument. People mek we try to free I n I tinkin from wat was said by rasta elders. Music is just art.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 5/17/2013 4:14:20 AM

to I its the spirit that cause the message to resonate. I have heard reggae that is lyrically upfull but doesnt carry the vibe. Same way I have heard hiphop and dancehall tracks by 'slack' artists that are inspirational. If it carries the I Majesty's spirit then its Reggae
(The Kings Music)

Selassie I

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 5/17/2013 4:14:21 AM

to I its the spirit that cause the message to resonate. I have heard reggae that is lyrically upfull but doesnt carry the vibe. Same way I have heard hiphop and dancehall tracks by 'slack' artists that are inspirational. If it carries the I Majesty's spirit then its Reggae
(The Kings Music)

Selassie I

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/17/2013 11:34:46 PM

inspiriation can come from Jah Rastafari through many directions , no limitaions, Jah will reveal his guidance and signs and support and comfort and encouragment and love in any form pleased

Jah Bless all musicians , let them praise him with their gifts and skills with the whole earth

Messenger: JahBuckihi Sent: 5/21/2013 1:07:58 PM

its all bout the message, yeah the rythem might make the I feel good, but if the lyrical content is any at all slack , iani msut burn fiya pon it. that goes for dancehall , hip hop, or what ever music. babylon can hide and influence just bout all things. so its best for iani to steer far from any potential neg influence. blessed love,,,selassie I

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I