Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5113&start_row=1

Punish a nation for a few?

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/12/2013 4:17:29 PM

Reading the Old Testament, I become aware of God punishing whole nations of people, due too the actions of a few devils.

For example in the book of Exodus God punishes the whole of the Egyptian people numerous times because of pharaohs refusal to release the Israelites.

This isn't the example Haile Selassie I shows,
RasTafarI judges the actions of the individual.
HIM is neutral and non aligned,
Look at the mercy he showed too the Italian invaders.

I know RasTafarI is unchangeable HIM character is the same today as always. There is one God with one nature and that is Haile Selassie I

I can only conclude that some of the actions of God in the Old Testament are either fallacies or infact the actions of men.

RasTafarI is the Ancient of Days

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/12/2013 10:30:07 PM

Who is innocent? When hurricane, tornado, lava, plagues or any other thing comes, it affects all kinds of people, from the wicked to the not so wicked.

The report of those judgments in Egypt may have been exaggerated, but it is not so different today. Many people are sometimes killed or injured when disasters strike, but with Jah RasTafarI, a person can be protected.

===================
The Rudder in the Waves

The problems of people are caused by people. They always want to blame God, the devil, or anything other then themself.

People are murdered because other people murder them. People are dying from cancer because people poison the earth, water and air. People have no salvation in Jah because they have rejected Jah.

-----------------------------------------
Luke 13
1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-----------------------------------------

Repent isn't about asking forgiveness, it means to turn away from wickedness. So Christ was showing I and I that even if we are not the worse sinners, as long as we are sinners and separate from Jah, these things can happen to us. And the reason for this is that if we reject Jah, then Jah will let us be our own defence, because we have rejected Jah defence.

Haile Selassie I explains this further,

----------------------------------
However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate.
----------------------------------

So if I and I repent and live for Jah and accept Jah guidance and direction, then Jah will be our Rudder. So just like a Rudder guides a ship through the sea, when I and I accept Jah, Jah will guide I and I through this world. So when the waves come, which is the bad things that happen in the world, I and I will not be moved. Jah will keep I and I steady and will take I and I out of the waves.
===================

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/13/2013 5:36:25 AM

Blessed Love Ark I

I agree although I don't understand why it is said that pharaohs heart was made hard by the lord and then God uses this as a reason for the many plagues and the murdering of all the firstborns of Egypt including animals. Then for the Israelites to be saved they where told to murder more animals for passover. God of the old Testament seems so blood thirsty destroying and promoting the murder of his own creations. If it was only pharaoh preventing the israelites from leaving why not just destroy the pharaoh rather than targeting many innocent animals, woman and Children?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/13/2013 7:05:45 AM

One ting we should remember is dat de bible wasn't writen by de Almighty but was writen by some people. So whats in de bible are people's ideas, iditations, philosophies n expiriences. People were writin about what dem tink about iration n de creator. Now nuff people misinterpreted dis ideas of some people about God compiled in a book called holy bible by thinkin those words from de bible come from God. De bible has proven itself dat it aint a word of God but a word of man's thinkin about God. Through deep iditations one can see dat those people who wrote de books of de bible missed many things about iration n de Almighty.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/23/2013 9:53:31 AM

The Bible is a tool to become closer to the Most High, but only certain tools work for certain tasks.

Jah Guide

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 5/6/2013 3:09:06 PM

Do any ones Ilebrate the passover?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/14/2013 7:24:29 PM

I'm glad that you reasoned out the foolishness which that aspect of the bible promoted. The idea that ham saw his father drunk and disorderly and then god didn't punish the drunken father or ham, but he punished all of hams children (which some claim as black people) for eternity is another folly.... BS.

We need to leggo of the parts of the bible if not all which are destructive. Another one is the idea of telling an oppressed nation to turn the other cheek.... But that's a different reasoning.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I