Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=504&start_row=1

Bob Marleys Conversion

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/22/2004 6:17:17 PM

Did Bob Marley denounce the divinty of His Majesty? I know that before his death he was baptized into the EOC, and in order to do so a Rastafarian must denounce Selassie I as God. But one of the quotes that I have read from Bob was a month before his baptism and he said "Rastafari is the only truth." There is no video or even written literature of his "conversion." Did he Hail Rastafari till the end. Because i don't know if I believe the Abuna. the Abuna claims that Selassie I told him to build a church in jamaica so that the rastas would convert to EO. I don't really belive that due to the fact that His Majesty awarded rasta's and also granted them land in Ethiopia that He said this. I mean His Majesty is the King of kings and Lord of lords. Why would He have the message leave any mouth other than His own?

Also Ark I, do you know of any Rastafari communities in Portland, Oregon?

Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/22/2004 7:11:53 PM

Wasn't Selassie baptized into the same church? I don't think that you have to renounce Selassie as God to be baptized into the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.
There is some controversy over what it means to say that Selassie is God, because in the sense of being omnipotent and omniscient I do not believe it is so. Do you?
I believe Selassie is God in a different sense, that does not conflict with the Christian tradition, but is in fact the same thing that Jesus taught.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/22/2004 7:14:46 PM

I have read similar things about Bob joining the EoC, I have not heard him denounce Selassie though. In addition, I have also read that Bob joined various tribes and the church in order to show his aim to unite all people and in particular the tribes.

JAH RastafarI
Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/22/2004 7:24:59 PM

Yes I believe that Selassie I is the Almighty God Jah Rastafari King of all Iration.

In order for one to join the EOC or to be baptized in the Church a Rasta must denounce Haile Selassie I because they only baptise in the name of Jesus Christ not Haile Selassie.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/22/2004 7:34:28 PM

I agree Gideon. Selassie is god, so even god in sense of the EoC is Selassie. God is Jesus, Jesus is Selassie, we are all gods children, we all have JAH within us. We are all one! So even when people say Selassie is not god, he sure has acted and spoken the truth just as Jesus had before him. Has anyone read the book:

Rastaheart: A Journey into one love ??

I have just finished it and I found it very interesting.

I am always looking for more books to read besides the Bible, if anyone has any suggestions.

May Babylon be brought down so InI can live as we were meant to live.

Blessings to InI brethren and sistren. Let us all see the one truth and let us all find our own way to manifest that one truth within our lives.

Special Respect and Thanks at this point also to Arc I for itinually spreading the good word and giving the righteous loving children of god a place to meet and reason and learn. Also my best wishes to Arc I and his wife on their Journey together into one love under JAH moon stars and sun.

Jah RastafarI

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/22/2004 7:39:56 PM

But see..is not Selassie Jesus and Jesus Selassie........Isnt god Jah and Jah god. I find it more important to know the truth and know God than it is important to focus on his name too much. Does the EOC say u must denounce Selassie or is it assumed because it baptizes under Jesus Christ? No man can denounce Selassie, Selassie was gods word on earth just as Jesus was, no one knows that Selassie isnt god so no one can make that claim that he isnt.

Blessings

Bergy
Berg I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/22/2004 9:24:17 PM

yes. Truth is one, there is only one truth. So whatever we call something it is right when it is right and that's all there is to it. I think you're absolutely right, it is just assumed that to accept christ is to denounce selassie. But Selassie accept christ, and he definitely accepts himself. It's the same tradition.
The only thing I see is that rasta teach revolution, whereas most christian churches teach too much acceptance. But the original way of christ is not to accept everything, but to fight when the time is right. Christ himself said there would be a time for fighting, but you will never hear a Christian teacher talking about when Christ said that.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/23/2004 12:07:51 AM

I don't know about Rastafari communities in Portland, Oregon.

About your question about Bob Marley. I don't know what really happened. I don't concern Iself with that anyway. I know who RasTafarI is, and I will Itinue to trod with I and I God and King.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/23/2004 12:16:42 AM

Selassie I is GOD not god. Yes InI are gods, but HIM is the Almighty God King Jah Selah Selassie I Rastafari, Selah.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 11/23/2004 7:57:56 AM

Well we seek wisdom from the EOC, Mr.Marley may have been wanting to become one wit Jah Selassie. As Rasta's we do not have a particular church but we seek wisdom from'em. I doubt Mr.Marley denouce Jah Selassie, he wore His Majesty's ring till de end.

Ras ElI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I