Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4957&start_row=11

Sects of Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 11/16/2012 6:58:50 PM

To acknowledge a sect is to basically assert that truth is relative, which INI all know is not a correct way of living. RastafarI is inclusive tolerance for all of those living in accord with Natural Law (which is One). There is only ONE HUEMAN RACE: humans of different hues. If differences in opinions should categorize us into "sects," then each one of us belongs to our own sect because we all have different life experiences. But Iman maintain that we all have the same lessons to learn, each in I own way.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/16/2012 11:04:16 PM

Bro BABYLONBURN, I giv thanks dat I explaination answered yo question. So don't u worry about what dis brothers say fo it is irrelevent to yo question. Dats it with religion people, dem fail to answer a simple question (instead tel u what u did not ask). I man not even an English speaker but could over yo question. Blessed love.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 11/17/2012 7:29:44 AM

Blessed Love Most Honorable king BlackHeart

Iman have been taught by I Elders that RasTafarI are a peculiar people and the trod is a narrow path.

The path InI must follow is the path of Haile Selassie I, any deviation is not RasTafarI. The most High guides all who listen in the same direction, no partiality or division. Religious doctrine is of Man not God.

Selassie I Blessings

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/17/2012 12:53:12 PM

Bless my lord. What I man say in dis iwa is not in any way conflictin what yo elders said but its just telin de truth dat Rastafari is diverse. Yes I agree dat rasta are peculiar people but within dis peculiar people there is diversity. Yes I agree de trod is a narrow path but narrow as it is there is diversity within de narrow path. Lets be realistic brother. Dis is practical thing because when I look around I see a brother who say rasta n him trod through de Nyhabinghi order then when I look at de other round I see another brother who say rasta n him trod de Bobo way. I n de both Binghi n Bobo idrens know n call dem rasta. It is not fo I to judge any of dem. I know all of dem to be rasta despite de diversity. I let de most High to judge. I juty from de most high is to live humbleness, inity n love with I n I brother n sista dispite differences in beliefs. It is intolerence dat causes de denial of diversity presence fo it is de intolarent ones dat deny de existence of de different ones. It is greed, arrogency n selfishness dat couses de intolarent ones to want to be de only ones in existence. It is intolarence dat causes dicrimination out of diversity. Raspect, my king.

Messenger: BABYLONBURN Sent: 11/17/2012 3:52:20 PM

Yes I bredren Black heart. Ivedone more reserch on da subject an really the only differances i could find is in the livety and in boboshanti theyre deep into the teachings of emmanuel I

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/18/2012 3:02:38 AM

Ye my king, Even before I can do any reserch there are several differences dat are apparent. I'v already given one example on de issue of head cover during ises. Another example is de issue of Emanuel de I hav just raised. Bobo idrens consider Emanuel to be part of de holy trinity yet most Binghi idrens only see him as just as another rasta. I don't have to reserch to know dat the belief in Emanuel is not de same. From time to time when I'm with or close to Bobo idrens I would hear dem chant de name Emanuel yet I hardly hear Binghi idrens chant dat name. Another diffence: De eating of fish amongst Bobo is not forbiden yet Amongst Binghi de eating of any flesh including fish is forbiden. Brother when I tel there is diversity I'm not tryin to spread discrimination amongst rasta people but I'm just answering yo initial question with honest truth. To give yu a clear picture of dis diversity I man talk about, in I area is predominantly Iyabinghi during binghis there are usuly one or few Bobo idrens who attend but dem end up not partakin in ises because dem wouldn't uncover dem heads. Some Bobo decide not to go to de binghi at all because dem are not prepared to remove their turbans during ises. Yu even go to de twelve tribes idrens n yu will see more diffences. So brother anyone who tel u there are no differences is a liar oq a bigot. Raspect.

Messenger: BABYLONBURN Sent: 11/18/2012 8:48:46 AM

I see. I give thanks for the I wisdom bredren !

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 11/19/2012 12:19:13 AM

Black Heart,
INI see what the I is sayin but it is truly irrelevant to how one should "choose" to live (which was the initial question of this post). No one should "choose a sect" to join. All people are influenced by culture, upbringing, socialization, and other environmental factors that have an impact on their livity and indeed create differences amongst the nations. But not all of these practices are in accordance with Jah guidance, which is why each I must take it upon themselves to rise above any "sect" in order to make holistic, Iniversal considerations before acting. Take the example of eating fish; Some people depend on fish or even other animals for their daily sustenance, while others have no need to eat fish or consume any flesh. It is when these practices are nonessential and result in needless excess that they are no longer living by the Most High standards of balance and equity. Actions that lack respect for Mother Earth should be avoided by EVERYONE, not just a particular "sect." "Sects" are completely irrelevant to how INI all should be focusing our livity. Integrity is not sectarian, tolerance is not sectarian, virtue is not sectarian, blessedness is not sectarian, majesty is not sectarian, and all other notions that RastafarI stand for are NOT SECTARIAN.

Categorizing differences is not the work of RastafarI.
Constructing barriers between people achieves nothing.
What Iman focus on includes recognizing and bringing forth commonalities in order to create greater Inity between people. Yes, I and I differences are crucial to overstand the whole picture, but all must recognize that each life is interconnected and rooted in the same Higher Power. Yes I still, there are many roads that lead to the same overstanding.

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 12/3/2012 6:58:04 AM

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MO FYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rasta nah have sects! Fyah bun dat! rasta is ONE!
rasta only sight oneness...

Igziabeher!!!
Holy I Emmanuel I
Emporer Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tekel Sent: 12/26/2012 1:45:58 PM

Why does someone question which road to take if you know where you are going? I know that there Imperial Guards, Mobile Army, Air Force was introduced by H.I.M. Then you have Farmer, Technology, Medicine.

That's why I posted the post "Was Num. 6 overruled by Rasta Nation"

Is it really a coincidence that H.I.M. is Ethiopian and before Garvey Blacks were seeking the Almighty of Ethiopia

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I