Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4933&start_row=1

Haile Selassie I Iditation

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/18/2012 11:30:34 PM

Here is something from the second Autobiography of Haile Selassie I. It shows how serious Selassie I is about Iditation and Prayer.

When We were in Addis Abeba, We had the practice of rising early in the morning at 5:00 A.M. to go to church for prayer. Since there was no Orthodox Church or chapel at Fairfield, where We could go and pray to God, the practice was discontinued, although in a time of stress, We should have strengthened Our habit of prayer. After suffering a great deal from not having a Chapel, We sent [on Jan. 20, 1937] the following letter to Etchege Gebre Giorgis in Jerusalem.

---

To His Holiness Etchege Gebre Giorgis.

How are you? Thanks be to God We are well. So far We have been thinking of you. We, on our side, have the intention to attend the assembly [of the League] in person if they permit Us, but if they do not, We will send Our delegation since this is vital to Our objective. Finding it necessary to follow the matter from here, We have decided to stay. . . in England, and wait for the judgement of Our Creator to resolve Ethiopia's crisis.

Until the grace of God permits and bids Us farewell to come to Jerusalem, so that We may overcome the problems of worship that We have encountered, and so that Our growing children do not go astray from the foundation of Our religion, I have sent Abba Hanna to you so that he may return with one tabot, five monks, the things necessary for the worship services and a Bible. Discuss the matter with Aleka Gerima and have the things sent to Us before the beginning of Lent. There might be a need to send priests to those exiled in foreign lands. While awaiting further instructions from Us, select monks who are willing to minister to the exiles.

---

Accordingly, the monks sent to Us from Jerusalem, Abba Gebre Iyesus, Abba Gebre Mariam, Abba Haile Bruke and Abba Marcos [Agazh yellew], arrived in Bath on Miazia 21 [April 28], with the Tabot of the Savior of the World. The tabot was taken to the prepared gallery on Sunday, Miazia 24 [May 1], and it was consecrated on Easter day according to Our country's customs. From that time on, We practiced Our church's rituals. . . in accordance with Our Tradition.

Chapter 5 - Our life at Bath and the chapel we set up at the Fairfield residence

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/19/2012 12:19:13 PM

blessed heart of Sabbath My Lord!

Holy Emmanuel I King Selassie I JaH RasTafar-I

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 10/21/2012 3:34:45 AM

Blessed Love Ark I
Just noticed the I is adding The second book of The I Majesty's autobiography too the site. Such a blessing for I fathers works and teachings to be available freely. It is such a Important historic book.

RasTafarI Blessings

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 10/21/2012 12:46:35 PM

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 10/21/2012 12:49:58 PM

Yes I, The Autobiography drew I to this forum. A blessing; a spring of life.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 10/22/2012 9:16:34 AM

The link the I provided above is the most beautiful thing I have ever read. Much appreciation.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I