Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4777&start_row=1

I and I? Help?

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Formulus Sent: 7/28/2012 6:58:00 AM

Well, hello,
I'm quite new to this, and I'm really hoping someone can explain to me some things about "I and I"
I understand the concept of it meaning us and Jah, or me and Jah, or all of us, etc.
I guess what I'm most confused about is when someone is writing something instead of ever saying me, or you, or we, or us, it is always
"I."
Especially confusing, when someone says I, but they actually mean you?
So I guess my question then is, what is the purpose behind this?

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/28/2012 7:17:10 AM

to show the unity between us all

Messenger: Formulus Sent: 7/28/2012 7:26:01 AM

I understand that much, what I'm still confused about, where I guess in English it would be grammatically to say "you were going to the park," but instead you would say "I were going to the park," even though you are not referencing to yourself, but to someone else, why do you still use the term I for someone else. If it helps, I was born and raised in Texas my whole live, so is this manner of speaking just something I will need to just get used to?

***Just thought of this, I think it's just the grammatical usage of I and I, it doesn't make sense to me.

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/28/2012 7:39:43 AM

i think someone would say The I has gone to the park, or The I is going to the park,

Messenger: Formulus Sent: 7/28/2012 7:45:13 AM

Ok, so we correct our statement to "The I would go to the park,"
and how I would say this is "You are going to the park,"
so then, from my understanding it's just the way of speaking for Rastafari?
Or is it the same when, pardon the way I say this, just now sure how else to say it,
y'all look at it and might find it strange for me to say that "you" would do something, or we, or they, just as I am equally confused when someone says The I?

Messenger: DURU Sent: 7/28/2012 9:14:36 AM

Blessed to all

greetings formulus, I n I concept of rasta is based on realization dat d I in you,me,everybody and in all creation is all d same I ,d higher I ,this I is misoverstood as d lower I (personality) ,personality is created by d parents,life experience and society ,just like children til d age of 4,is free from self identified personality ,and after is being learned dat d child is an individual with personality and name, in fact name is just a tool to function in life and not to be identified with.
This is d reason dat children are innocent,simply living life.

Higher I is all one I , to say "I am" refers to consciousness which is formless and appearance as many in one function,that's y all is interrelated, to say I am THIS OR THAT, is refered to personality ,if identified with it ,d idea of separation with creation is born.
Personality is just a function in life not identity.
I n I is life ,which is only one ,and must function as one.

ONE JAH
ONE AIM
ONE DESTINY

InI JAH RASTAFARI.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 7/28/2012 11:04:12 AM

Blessed to all

In terms of usage just like ,you: the I , we: InI, me:I , they or them: the I dem. Etc...
Iyaric language is a RASTAFARI language dat express life,unity through word sound and power, its an ancient afrikan way to express life through communication of sounds , and has influence on d subconscious mind , words are expression of d feelings and d feelings is d expression of d thinking . To think with d heart is to think as life( I ) ,not as a person ,so expression is unity. Dat y man who always curse or speak violently is a madman consciously or not
But its important to overstand d InI concept before using it ,focus in life and d language will simply express it , language must flow from d heart ,language coming from d mind is just like a parrot empty words ,will only create dogmas and separation and simply represents death.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/29/2012 1:58:33 AM

Love and greetings to The I.

I will break it down in simplest terms. Since you call yourself "formulus" you can appreciate the analogy:P

I= Flesh and blood person I am

And= think of it was the plus symbol which is used to unify two otherwise separate entity.

I=Jah the MOST HIGH the great I am

I unified with Jah then creates InI the sum of I+I

It is merely a representation. I am personally unified with Jah so I means the same as InI.

Next term

The I= Me recognizing your personal unification with Jah

So now the I overstands the vernacular.

Word sound power!

Blessings

Jah live, Jah love, Jah guide us.

Messenger: Formulus Sent: 7/29/2012 3:15:33 AM

So then, I guess I would like to thank The I's for their assistance, all those explanations filled in the pieces to the puzzle. I've tried researching as much as I can, but google and wikipedia can only get you so far.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/29/2012 5:46:08 AM

InI is glad Jah bless InI with the opportunity to help.

But always remember especially when using the internet that the real truth is between you and Jah (the I)

People are always trying judge a group based upon having similar characteristics. When one does that they miss the true beauty and diversity of Iration(creation).

The beauty of Rasta movement is that regardless of our differences in opinion we are all Inited in love and respect (united) under Jah.

Find your truth Idren (brethren)

InI loves you.

Jah live, Jah love, Jah guide us.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I