Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4775&start_row=21

why jesus allowed eating of fish

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/17/2012 5:12:45 PM

Yes-I! As it was in the beginning, so shal it be in the end!

(Genesis 1:29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/14/2013 7:18:19 PM

The only explanation I have ever received from a rasta that eats fish when asking him why he eats fish is some bible reference to Jesus being a fisherman or something of that nature. This is another problem I have with that book. Can somebody please explain the logics why somebody wouldn't claim ital yet still eat fish? How does that happen? The fish has no soul? The fish is inferior? The fish doesn't love his life same way as the chicken?

It defies all logics to me, I jus wa know the thinking. Given the level of Dioxins in the water today a man can't reason that it because of health benefits. There are no health benefits of eating fish over a balanced ital diet. And that's fresh water fish. Supermarket fish - do you realise it can be stored for up to two years in the freEzer as thy add a embalming fluid type of additive to keep it sellable.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/15/2013 5:47:39 AM

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
(Gen 9:3)

Do fish move?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/15/2013 5:53:34 AM

^As I said the only explanation seems to be biblical ones..... And according to THAT scripture there is no need to be Ital - eat fish, meat, chicken, pork, humanbeing... as they all move right

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/15/2013 8:53:04 AM

^ What did Halie Selassie I say about the bible?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/15/2013 5:56:55 PM

What did he say about food? Last time I checked there was nothing to say Haile was ital. that's something that Rasta in this trod in response to the recognition of haile came up with.... Him never say it.

And quite frankly them argument r dead rasta..... We know haile was a Christian and read bible but he also said its up to you to judge what is real and what is not. The bible also said Ethiopia is cursed, do you believe that? Paul says wearing long hair is shameful and ungodly do you believe that?

I asked you for a none bible explanation. Quite clearly that's beyond nuff rasta.

He was Orthodox Christian not rastafari, if you a follow him like that maybe you should lef this trod and join orthodox. Try and have a logical reasoning and some man a claimr rasta always come with this same ting..... I even specified in my original post i was looking for a none bible explanation..... Maybe you have proved my point. And you still haven't answered the scripture you posted infers meat eating as a general is ok - so you are not ital? Why you in de reasonin?

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/15/2013 10:19:32 PM

<"And quite frankly them argument r dead rasta..... We know haile was a Christian and read bible but he also said its up to you to judge what is real and what is not. The bible also said Ethiopia is cursed, do you believe that?">
Yes, I do.

<"Paul says wearing long hair is shameful and ungodly do you believe that?">
No, I don't. Paul didn't say that at all. That's a very mis-quoted scripture from babylon preachers. The actual passage in question: Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
(1Co 11:14)

Nature itself tells you it is NOT a shame to him at all. Look at the Lion. The long hair of the male symbolizes maleness. Anywhere in scripture that men's hair is spoken of, it speaks of locks. The Nazarite vow requires men to never cut their hair or be concerned at all of their appearance to other men. We are to please God, not man. I in I consider myself a Rasta man, yet I don't have locs yet, probably because I tie it back in a band.

<"I asked you for a none bible explanation. Quite clearly that's beyond nuff rasta.

He was Orthodox Christian not rastafari, if you a follow him like that maybe you should lef this trod and join orthodox. ">

He obviously was not like any 'orthodox' Christian I ever met.

You obviously don't understand what Rastafari even means. "Ras" means head. Halie Selassie was known as a child as Lij Tafari Makonnen. Lij translates to "child", and serves to indicate that a youth is of noble blood. His given name, Tafari, means "one who is respected or feared".

Ras Tafari IS his name.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/15/2013 11:55:24 PM

I don't reason with those who curse Ethiopia. With them imperial view point, you and your dutty book cannot curse Abyssinia. You never learn from Mussolini. Worse thing is I know you didn't do your research. Because if you did you would know this text about Ethiopia being cursed is only present in the good news translation it is not mentioned in any other...... So you a defend good news updated translation. Ok. And quick to shit on ethiopia. Typical....

When it comes to the book, even rasta what hold on to it know what to take In and take out.

And yes Paul aka Saul says wearing long hair is shameful. Don't tell me about NaZarite vow and other scriptures to try and look clever we are dealing with the specific verse from Paul. Who clearly says it is in nature that long hair is shameful. Just as Leviticus says no man of defect or handicap physically can go near the altar as that would be to defile the altar because they are ungodly. The same book that says the Hamites, shall be cursed from generation to generation for seeing their father drunken and disorderly, the same reasoning I have about the horrible genocide of the Canaanites. The same book that tells people to respect their slave master, even those cruel masters, still serve the with love. Same thing? You a fundamentalist Christian. This is rasta business, I have no time for literalists them people they are too far gone.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/16/2013 12:02:33 AM

King.....You also said selassie wasn't like any orthodox Christian you know.... Right before you went on to claim how I am not rasta. Lol. You do realise he was the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church right? A Christian following?

There really was no need to define the meaning of his majesty's name, we learn from from we eye deh a knee. You mistake me for a new convert.

GARVEYS Africa.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/16/2013 12:13:06 AM

And I still have no answer on the fish reasoning? Is anyone even ital anymore? It get a way......

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I