Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4743&start_row=1

Sabbath

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras congo Sent: 6/30/2012 5:04:05 AM

Hi I live on top of my fathers grocery store and when Saturday arrives he expects me to help. I know u shouldn't work on the sabbath. What can I do to convince my dad or can I work / help him still? Thanks in advance

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/9/2012 8:04:05 PM

Can you help him after sundown on Saturday?

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/26/2012 6:01:41 PM

im interested if ones spend money on the sabbath

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/27/2012 2:10:46 AM

No. Jahs sabbath its not I and I day to go into world and make and spend money.

Its a day to be away from money and the systym that supports it,
it a day to be sactified in thanks and praises, study and rest.

Every other day I and I can make and spend money, but this one day is to be holy, that is empty from all world thought and feeling to that then Jah can only enter when we are pure and clean of thoughts of money and bills and this and that...

But I see no problem if one decides to but a loaf of bread and few other veggies while going past farmers markets on way to place of worship/study.

The Sabbath is for Man and not man for the Sabbath.

Matthew 12
King James Version (KJV)

12 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.

2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:

10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.

11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

Its no prolem...As long as I and I are healing and giving life in our sabbath purchaces. For to buy some Ital food medicine on sabbath that is needed to heal...Or to but a poor family lunch on the sabbath would be a High thing in Jahs sight...So its all about what the money is being spent on , not whether its being spent ot not on the sabbath...For Jah knows the motives of man, and upon all Judgment will come...

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/27/2012 3:14:04 PM

I Sight it like Jessep86.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 8/27/2012 2:14:48 PM

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/23/2012 1:24:41 AM

So if money shouldnt be used on Sabbath,so wat about thoz who had 2 travel by bus 2 go a Binghi,or is it lawful 2 buy herbs for the Ises on sabbath

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 12/12/2012 7:07:15 AM

My Lord Hon. Zion Mountian, the travelling should be done before Sabbath service commences and on the sabbath we should take a fast from smoking herb also. At least it should cease at 10 PM Friday.

Blessed Love.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I