Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4671&start_row=1

Not a rasta. But I love the culture and lifestyle and I want to learn more!!!

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Harry Bone Sent: 4/22/2012 11:26:14 PM

Hey everybody, My name is Harry. I live in San Diego,Ca but I was born in Ecuador. I'm 23 years old and I was raised Christian but always like the Rasta lifestyle since I was a kid. Growing up in Ecuador by the beach I saw Rastas at the beach and they always had smiles on their faces and always said "Hi!" to people and looked happy even though they didn't have much. So I've been changing my lifestyle growing up and try living a simple life and be happy with what I have.
I've been listening to Bob Marley for years and all I listen to is Reggae. One of my favorite bands name is SOJA (Soldiers Of Jah Army) and I sing their songs and love their music, but sometimes I don't know what they talk about and did some research but I can't find all the answers. So I started looking to see if there is a Rastafarian community in San Diego but never found one. Time passed by and Yesterday I watched the "Marley" documentary on Bob Marley and that made me open my eyes and make me want to learn more and live a positive and happy lifestyle just like Bob did.
I just want to know if there is people in San Diego that can help me learn more about the culture. It's hard to get into something if you don't talk to someone face to face and interact with that person, and that's what I need. I need somebody to help me learn how to live a positive and healthy life but not in the ways of Babylon because that is confusing me a lot.
Please reply with positive words. I am not trying to be a Rastafarian, but I want my life to be pure.
One love and blessing to everybody.

A little more about me.
My skin color is White and I have tattoos on my arms and legs from when I was younger :S. I smoke weed to relax with my girl at home but not abuse it, I love playing soccer and I am very active. I try not living in the Babylon ways, I don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol. I also don't have cable because I think TV doesn't let you mind grow. And I had dreads in the past and Im letting my hair grow again and start letting my hear dread after my wedding (June 22,2012).

Thanks you!!!!!!
Harry.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 4/24/2012 3:21:19 PM

Be sure to check the website www.black-king.net it is in both spanish and english since it is run by priests from south america, Ethiopia Africa Black International Congress Church of Salvation

Blessed love, JAH guidiance and protection

Messenger: Harry Bone Sent: 4/24/2012 4:27:06 PM

Thanks you brother.
Stay positive.

Messenger: RASKISHO Sent: 5/1/2012 1:21:58 PM

my idren you are headin in jah direction alresdy just live clean and let your works be seen.all the blessin on your up comin inifecation with deh i empress in june

Messenger: SteveVeteran Sent: 1/20/2013 10:46:27 AM

i also live in san diego and would love to be part of a rasta community here. i have cancer and am using the sacred medicine, cannabis, to treat it. i have known about the spiritual and medicinal properties of cannabis, and another sacred plant - morphine, since i started using cannabis back in the 1970's. i try to use simply marijuana for my pain, but am not adverse to using morphine, from the sacred plant opium poppy, when the pain is severe. i also am white/native american indian. the bible has always been important to me and i read it every day. love, peace, and universal brotherhood have always been important to me. reggae is my favorite music and i understand that Bob Marley was a prophet who brought the word of Rasta to the world through his music. i don't know much about the prophets of Rastafari, but this site appears to be a good place to start to learn more. so i suspect that most of you would agree, Rasta is a learning process and a way of life - as long as we are fervently seeking the Rasta way, we can call ourselves a Rasta Man or Woman

Messenger: SteveVeteran Sent: 1/20/2013 2:41:05 PM

being white, i know it is impossible to ever fully understand the plight of the black man but i can easily emphasize with them since my native american indian ancestors were also persecuted.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I