Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=456&start_row=1

why does the world hate RASTAFARI?

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 10/19/2004 4:13:02 PM

Why does the world hate RASTAFARI?
Is it because of InI roots
Is it because InI burn herbs
Why they can't leave rastafari alone
InI don't judge them because them is christains
yet they try to keep InI down and Criticize and judge
InI livity. WHY?...I ask this can material wealth give ones a place in zion..i think not...So why is all the pressure pon rastafari people
trying to make InI suffer in this shitstem. Why?

Hailing H.I.M with not apology
Sista Susan

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 10/20/2004 2:29:54 PM

I think they don't HATE it. they just do not know anything about it. for them it is a very mystical thing into which they can't look if they're not Ras. things that are strange to people are automatically different, bad, not the same as their own things. it isn't hate that they feel against I and I, but it is that feel of being strange, different, etc...
to them we're strange because they don't know our real teachings our real thinkings. they just know sthg about I and I from someone who told them a story, or from books that try to explain Rasta in one sentence like they couzld explain a religion. but I and I ain't no religion. maybe they also see us as different because it's easy for us to live in harmony with God and the world and so on, and that is what they can not do.Ithink the english word for that is "jalousy", or somehow like that ;-)

anyway, they don't hate us, they just do not know us, and because we seem so mystical to them they fear us. fear, not hate.

Messenger: GreenEye Sent: 10/20/2004 3:46:58 PM

Maybe they don't hate I'n'I, but they often reduce I'n'I on smoking ganja.
As if it was the only content of Jah movement.
Many of them listen to Bob Marley, without tryin' to overstand his message. Many of them wear Dreads made in an Afro Shops without knowin' their meaning.
The best way, although it doesn't always work, is to explain RastafarI way of life and thinkin' to dem.
Knowledge is da root of wisdom, so let's give them teachings 'bout Jah movement, 'n' nuh bun dem.

blessings

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/20/2004 11:36:54 PM

Don't worry about who hates I and I. Trod according to Jah direction and Jah will carry I and I through.

Those with eyes to see will see
Those with ears to hear will hear

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/21/2004 5:43:55 PM

This post is related to a general point I am expressing, that rasta people need to get back to reality. Most of us seem to be dreaming.
So let me give some proactical answers about why the world hate rastafari.
First of all, the world does not actually hate the spirit of rastafari, because rasta stand for truths and rights, and all people love that. The reason they hate rastafari people is because we don't express ourselves properly, so they have no way of understanding us.
Most people think rasta is about racism. Why? Because we always using words like black, Africa etc. It is natural that when people hear us saying these things they will think we are racist, therefore they will hate us.
Another thing is that people think we are violent. Just listen to Capleton tone of voice when he sings. You allkknow what I'm talking about. More fyah, slew them, death to all slavemasters. These statements that rastas make sound like if rasta is all about arrogance and hatred. It is natural that people will hate you if you talk like that.
Do you really expect people to listen to what we have to say when all they can hear is hatred, racism and arrogance? You have to approach people properly if you want to tell them something. Take a page out of Jehovah's witness book.
But no, rastas love to say fyah 'pun babylon. All people can perceive is that rastas are lawless people, because they see us openly speaking against the police and govt. People think that what INI want is breakdown of society.
So to answer the question why the world hate rastafari, the answer is rastafari. Come properly to the people and speak to them in quiet tones with logic and heartbased reasoning, and you will see that the people will change how they perceive rasta.
Don't approach people with things they will misunderstand. Approach them in a way like if you want them to accept you. It doesn't make you a sellout to make yourself acceptable to people, it makes you a minister of truth, because they will never listen to people like Capleton. Capleton is serving a good purpose among people who already know what rasta is about, but I hardly think he would ever convert anybody and make them see rasta when they didn't see rasta before. He is only causing these people to be afraid of rasta and hate rasta. And most rastas practice this kind of behaviour.

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 10/21/2004 11:38:03 PM

I could overs what the i saying gideon..but still ones in society still have stereotypical image of rasta..while ini are one but still individual maybe trodding the same path but have different personalities and so on...but all ones are seeing is ini beliefs in king rastafari and that is folly to them...they refuse to accept ini in what ever way ini approach them whether with love or hatred they can't and it seems like they won't accept ini..ones and ones can't bow out to them cause ini aint living for them ini living for the most high still..but just wanted to sight what the i's them vibes about why stand against ini.

Blessed love
Sis Susan

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/22/2004 12:07:55 PM

Thank you sister. Great comments.
When I approach a man and say that I represent Haile Selassie, he might think instantly that I am against what he accepts. Therefore it will be hard for us to communicate. Another man, if I tell him I like ganja and think it is good, he will think I am against him. These people are confused and that is why they think that way. But it is our duty and privelege to teach truths unto those who are confused. That means we have to find a way to approach these same people so that they will not feel that we are against them in any way. Then it will be easy for them to listen to our views and that is the first step in teaching someone something.
When I approach a Christian, the best way for me to start talking to him is by talking about Christ, because that is how he has learned the truth that he knows. Then once we have a start I can expand on the things that he has learned. Because Christ is not a lie, so that means I can start on the foundation in that person that he learned by following the Christian tradition.
Same thing with a Muslim. Islam is not a false tradition, and a Muslim can know a lot about Jah by following the Muslim tradition. If I want to teach him about Jah-rastafari, Haile SelassieI, the best thing I can do is start from what he knows already, what he learned through Islam. And it is the same for any person.
The main point is that when you approach someone you need to start with what the person already knows, and build on that. By the time you mention Haile Selassie and ganja and other things that the person didn't know about they should already be so impressed with the things you have said that they would be willing to listen.
Clearly it is the fault of the listener that makes them reject the teachings. But we need to bear in mind the faults of someone who we are talking to, so that we do not allow their faults to come between them and the truth that we are teaching.
If you go up to someone you don't know and say death to all slavemasters, or Hail SelassieI, that is not proper teaching. It is a rare person who would be able to listen to what you have to say when you approach him that way. But come in gentle tones and with words of acceptance and sympathy and they will find it easier to listen to what you have to say and then they will learn.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/22/2004 12:20:29 PM

I put more comments in a new post called "The Right Approach." Please check it out.

Messenger: I'n'I mloyi Sent: 10/23/2004 6:35:18 AM

tHEY DONOT LOVE THE KING OF PEACE,
BLOOD IS ON THEIR HANDS,
RASTA SPREADS LOVE AND PEACE THAT THEY HATE MOST.

RASTAFARI.
MLOYI.

Messenger: TaeJah Sent: 10/26/2004 1:43:12 PM

I is very new to the forum but I believe that it is not hate but ignorance. Without knowing the purpose or reason the other choice is ridicule and misconceptions.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I