Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=453&start_row=21

Being Dread inside without being outside

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/24/2004 2:40:15 AM

Gideon,

It is not about respecting a Locks man over anyone else, or respecting anyone else over a Locks man. I was speaking against you talking about respecting a cut hair man more than a locks man. These differences should have no bearing to your respect of persons. Only the fruits of the Spirit should gain respect.

To reply to your question, the sensation of the vibes is not felt in the body parts on the outside. It is felt on the inside of I and I spirit.

When you consider the sense of seeing. You don't feel the sights in front of you rush through your eyes and into your brain, you just see what you see. And when you hear sounds through your ears, you don't feel the sound rush through your ears and into your brain, you just hear what you hear.

Both the eyes and ears have other nerves that sense pain. So if a sound is too loud and causes too much vibration in the ear, we feel the pain from the pain nerves, and if the light is too bright, we feel the pain from the pain nerves of the eyes, but they are not the same as the nerves for sight or hearing, each nerve plays its role.

Just as the tongue can taste and also feel texture, these are separate senses. And how the fingers can feel the pain of being cut, burned, and also feel texture at the same time as three distinct senses.

I know I Locks work with the senses of I Spirit, because I make use of I locks and I feel the result.

If you are serious about knowing if this is true for yourself, the only way I know how to do it is to grow your locks with the intention and faith to grow in these senses and rise up in the Spirit.

If you already know these senses, and when I say know them I don't mean think you know them, but truly know them and have experienced it enough times and in significant enough ways to rule out coincidence. The reason I say this has nothing to do with you, because I don't know you. I say it because some people think they know it but don't. When the Ones that truly know it look upon other people, they can see and recognize through their sensations who knows their Spirit and who doesn't. This doesn't mean that the people who don't know their Spirit can't know their Spirit, it only means that they don't.

So if you already know these senses, then grow your locks with the intentions and faith that they will perform as part of your senses. I say with intention and faith because without faith in something, it will never be accomplished. If you don't have intention and faith that you can walk, then you will not walk. If you grow your locks with the intention and faith that they will enhance these senses, then you will see for yourself if it is so.

And if you don't know these senses, then you must learn how to use them. I and I learn the senses by exploring I and I Spirit and willing the senses to sense. If this is done with intention and faith, then you will gain these senses. And when you know within yourself that the time is right, then grow your locks and see for yourself if it is so.

I have seen for Iself that it is so, that is why I will never cut I locks. I have seen I path, and I must Itinue in the path set out for I, I have no other desire.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/24/2004 5:32:22 PM

Rastafari,

Yes I, all things must come from he heartbeat my lord, no man can just wear locks and get into the spirit, because the man get the spirit then want the locks. I man don't have my locks yet but I man am strong in HIM, Rastafari.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/25/2004 11:11:21 AM

Thanks for the explanation Ark. When it is possible I will investigate what you are saying. And I will meditate on it more so that I can know that it is a good thing for me to try it out.
But this thing that you said is not right:
It is not about respecting a Locks man over anyone else, or respecting anyone else over a Locks man. I was speaking against you talking about respecting a cut hair man more than a locks man. These differences should have no bearing to your respect of persons. Only the fruits of the Spirit should gain respect.

Please don't let us mince words. I explained that I do not look down on anybody, and I respect all people as people. But as you say, by the fruits of the Spirit one should gain respect. And that is why I said before that I respected the man who cut his hair more, because according to my thinking at the time, cutting hair represented spiritual fruits. But then when you explained to me the purpose of growing locks, I had to say that I respect that more if it is true, because that would be spiritual fruits.
I am no respecter of persons. I just call things according to how I see it. I am just saying that according to the way I thought before you explained about locks, I considered cutting hair to be fruits of the spirit, but that if you are right about locks then I have to say that growing locks is more fruits. That is all I meant when I used the word respect, not any judging or anything like that.
That is just one way that I learned to use that word. I don't mean anything bad by it.....
But thanks for the explanation about the locks. It is very helpful and sounds very reasonable.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/26/2004 1:01:56 AM

Cutting hair and growing hair are not the Fruits of the Spirit.

Galatians 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

This is what I am talking about. A wicked man is wicked with or without Locks, and a righteous man is righteous with or without Locks. The fruits are what I and I should be looking at and that alone.

Everyone has their role, In Moses time not all the people were Nazarites. All people must ask Guidance from Jah and look into theirself to see what their role is. EveryOne who is doing works for Jah will be blessed by Jah, no matter what role they perform.

Different roles, but the same Fruit.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/26/2004 12:24:31 PM

I have made some foolish statements, excuse me. Mindless.
Cutting hair is fruits of the spirit. Growing locks is also fruits of the spirit. It is obvious that there is one spirit in creation, and all things that a man does is Jah in action.
The thing is that some men are more wise that others in different ways. For example I just learned that I don't know anything about locks, and Ark is more wise than I in that area. Guidance.
Jah inspire one man to see that it is good to cut his hair, and he inspire another man to see it is good to grow locks.
INI seek the best guidance and inspiration from Jah, and when INI seek INI will find.
The thing is that a man who is inspired to cut his hair might be ignorant of certain higher inspiration that would have made him grow his hair if he knew. We should not malign such a man, because he did the best he knew how to do. Another man might grow his hair, but he missed out on higher guidance that would have made him cut it. Anyway, there is no such thing like "would". There is only "is".
Big up to the I's them who grow hair, and big up to the I's them who cut it.
The truth is that I have no way of knowing what is the best thing for someone to do. Each one must decide for himself - that is the natural way. All I can say is that I know nothing about what Ark says about locks amplifying spiritual senses. But then again there is a lot I don't know about and it is real. But we should never try to advise a man what to do, only tell him what is going on so that he will be able to make a proper decision.
So like Ark said, I was trying to put the spiritual before the physical. Confusion. My mistake.
My heart is still beating though. Do good, do good, .....
Peace.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/26/2004 12:44:48 PM

Just to Clarify, Gideon, you said,
---------------------------
So like Ark said, I was trying to put the spiritual before the physical
---------------------------

I don't remember saying anything like that, I might have said the opposite, that you were putting the physical before the spiritual.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/27/2004 12:42:37 PM

Right. Physical before the spiritual.

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 11/16/2004 12:35:43 PM

Listen brethren, the start of the non-dread Rasta was when the movement had begun and there was a large anti-Rasta thought within the Jamaican government. They use to setup 'road-blocks' where government officials shaved the locksman's dread and afterward some would not re-grow their dreads to show that they felt still in the chains of Babylon.

Ras Eli

Messenger: Kike_Roots Sent: 4/17/2005 7:06:18 PM

InI have no dreads and still trod in the path but InI haffi long hairand am a beardsman although InI have little hair in tha face.

Nuff Respect!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I