Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=452&start_row=21

help

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress1 Sent: 11/18/2004 9:25:10 AM

Greetings in the name our Imperial Majesty,
RasEli InI overstand what you talk about. When InI first decided to go Ital it was hard because my family eats meat everyday just as yours. What InI did at first was just eat more rice with the veggies and the gravy from the flesh. I at the time still craved flesh but the little bit of gravy satiated my craving and got me used to eating without flesh. Any how your decision bredren but InI beg you to stay away especially from swine and cow. For these meats leave the most poison in the temple.
More Life. More Love.
Jah RastaFarI

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 11/18/2004 11:04:12 AM

Greetings all,

Well getting off of flesh was rough for i because i live with my parents and everything they ate was flesh.still is ...i started off stop eating swine long before i was in fari livity..then when i got more conscious of the livity i cut myself off from chicken and cow and them thing so..but i still consumed fish..i slowly weened off of that..now i have my own funds and so i can get all the ital food i need..HIM GUIDE

blessed love
Sista Susan

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 11/18/2004 1:45:29 PM

Thank you bredren for you response,I try to eat less as I can which is why I eat oatmeal everymorning instead of eggs,grits and bacon. That is a good idea when I turn 18 I will begin to visit a Rasta dining place called the Jamaican Palace where I live more often. Its difficult for me to go because of the police problems because of the ganja selling infront and all around the place and its location in the gheto.

Ras ElI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/18/2004 11:13:30 PM

Ras Eli.

Find some good vegetarian cook books and the I will find some nice recipes to make. Cook your own food and cook some food for your parents to enjoy.

When the I makes recipes from cook books, the I will learn how to mix the different spices and vegetables and the I will be able to make new recipes of your own.

When I got I first Ital cook book. I went to one of those large book stores and I looked at so many different books. I wanted to find one with no recipes with any eggs or cheese. Most of the vegetarian cook books had recipes with both.

The book that I found that was completely Vegan was:

Professional Vegetarian Cooking
Author: Ken Bergeron
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

It is a really good gourmet vegetarian cook book. Many of the recipes take some time to prepare and cook, but it is worth the time and effort.

Another vegetarian cook book that is good is:

Healing Herbs Cookbook
Author: Pat Crocker
Publisher: Robert Rose Inc.

This second book has a few recipes with eggs or cheese, but most of the recipes are vegan. I don't eat any kind of flesh or eggs, whether from the land, sea or air. I stay away from all dead. But I eat small amounts of cheese. I limit the amounts of chees that I eat, but since it is not dead flesh, I don't mind eating it occasionally.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I