Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4472&start_row=1

XP AntiSpyware 2012 - Virus

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/30/2011 9:20:29 PM

I have been having problems with the XP AntiSpyware Virus 2012.

This is a malicious virus that will block programs (including internet) from running. I'm not sure how I got it but I think it came from the internet, possibly Rastanick's forum.

This is how I got rid of the virus on Windows XP:

1) I clicked Start - Turn off computer - Restart

2) As the Computer boots up, press down the F8 key. This will show an option to start the computer in Safe Mode. Click the Safe Mode option.

3)I have two user accounts under safe mode - Owner and Administrator. When I logged in under Owner, the XP AntiSpyware Virus was still there. So I restarted the computer, logged in under Safe Mode, and logged in under Administrator. Under Administrator, the XP Antispyware Virus was not there.

4)In Safe Mode, click Start, accessories, system restore.

5)I then restored my computer to a previous date before the Virus came into the computer

The system restore got rid of the virus.

I did this whole process once and it worked. But today, the virus somehow came back, I guess while surfing the net. So I did the whole process again and the virus was removed again.

I don't know how to prevent the virus from coming back, I guess avoid visiting certain websites.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/30/2011 9:22:21 PM

Do any of the I them know any good AntiVirus programs to use or how to prevent viruses from infecting a computer?

I thought I would share this experience in case anyOne else has to go through this process of dealing with this malicious XP AntiSpyware 2012 virus.

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I