Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4418&start_row=1

Pocket size Ible

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/13/2011 11:21:11 PM

I found a pocket size Ible today that has the New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs in it. Its a KJV Bible, I just found it today (I literally just found it, I didn't buy it), I Give Thanks to RasTafarI that I found it.

Its nice to be able to carry it around. I'm going to put a picture of Selassie I or Ithiopia in the Ible.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/13/2011 11:38:32 PM

I just taped the picture of Selassie I next to the IRudder.com logo on this website into the Ible along with the Quote

"However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate."

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 9/14/2011 2:26:11 AM

I believe that bible was left where it was left for a reason bredren, you were meant to find it. I used to see things like this as a coincidence now I real eyes everything happens for a reason. I never overstood it until now but when I was a child I was given a bible by my school, I carried it home in my backpack on my way I was being careless crossing the road and got hit by a car traveling at high speed. I was later told how lucky I was to be alive and the doctors couldn't believe I escaped serious injury, last month I found this bible which has been at my nans house unbeknown to me for the past 12 years, at the time of finding it, I was at a low point in my life, on finding it I remembered this story and knew I could put faith in the bible and that Jah Rastafari, as he had been walking with me all this time I had just failed to real eyes it, I truly was like a ship without a rudder

Give thanks and praise to the king who guides and protects us continually through his mystic ways

Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Jah Bless Us All Sent: 9/20/2011 5:03:16 PM

This might sound stupid... And I feel ashamed for asking this... but you people are the only ones able to help me.. Can someone tell me what bible should I buy and study? Because I know almost all of the Bibles have been manipulated by priests and religions... and I just want to read the word of Jah... Not what other monsters want me to believe... Could You please tell me what Bible / other sacred books could I buy? I dont want it in an e-book format cuz it hurts my eyes.. And the Kebra Nagast is really hard to procure in my country... Please dont mock me and I hope you people will help me! Jah Bless!

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 9/20/2011 6:24:10 PM

Bible

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

Blessings!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/24/2011 8:50:39 PM

Iv seen these Ibles too , on benches and places jus waiting for a man or womben, fishers of men.........I already have one these Ibles so I jus leave them for who Jah intends to have pick up the word, its a very positive and powerful little book....
Plant seeds and many will find good ground and its roots will go deep.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/24/2011 8:52:28 PM

The king James bible is Recomended obouve rest, unless one can find the Bible King Selassie Used....

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 9/26/2011 6:07:53 PM

InI mother-in law has a pocket ible that is 134 years old. Next time the I's family visits i'm gonna ask to borrow it and see if there are differences from today's ible.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/28/2011 12:43:19 AM

One time, I was with some Bredren, and one of them was complaining about losing his Bible. He had made many notes in the Bible over the years and was upset about losing all of it.

A short time before this happened, the Bredren had cut his locks, so I showed him that the reason he lost his Bible was because he cut his locks, so all the days before are lost, and he would have start over again.

He was taken back when I said that, so I told him that this is the law of the Nazarite, and when a Nazarite cuts his locks before the set time (which is never for RasTafarI SoulJahs), the days before will be lost and he/she will have to start again.

He didn't believe I, so I grabbed a Bible and showed him the law of the Nazarite.

---------------
Numbers 6

12 And he shall consecrate unto the LORD the days of his separation, and shall bring a lamb of the first year for a trespass offering: but the days that were before shall be lost, because his separation was defiled.
----------------

This verse is specifically about when a Nazarite must cut his locks if somebody dies suddenly beside him, but I was showing the Bredren that if a person comes into RasTafarI and then cuts his locks, he will have the same consequence and the days before will be lost.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I