Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4344&start_row=1

Australian Rastafari movement

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Skeleton Sent: 6/8/2011 1:05:17 AM

As a child growing up in Australia, I had no idea of the horrors and crimes perpetrated against our Aboriginal brethren, as it is simply not taught in schools. The only reason I cam to learn of the white australia policy and the stolen generation was through independent education and speaking with friends who were of aboriginal decent and their most respected elders.
Through this learning, I stumbled upon Rastafari through new friends of both European and Aboriginal decent.
It is true that Australia is still a hugely racist country, however, there is a small but growing movement that appreciates that as people of European decent, this is not our land. This land was stolen from its traditional owners and they have been subjected to an almost non human existence ever since.
I have read much about His Imperial Magesty, as well as being able to appreciate why and how the Rastafari movement began.
I stand proudly by the side of my Aboriginal brothren and sistren, and do what I can to defeat racism in all it's form wherever I find it. We all bleed the same colour, and as HIM said, skin colour should mean as little as eye colour in the grand scheme of things.
I hope there are others out their like us, who, although we may be decendants of Babylon, we agree it is evil, and needs to crumble.
I live in Newcastle in Australia, and if anyone wants to talk to arrange some reasoning times or gatherings to enjoy the love of Jah and the word of HIM, I would love to hear from you.
Jah bless

Messenger: Ras_X Sent: 6/16/2011 9:28:06 AM

May the Almighty Bless the I and give the I the support and strength to do his work and to build his kingdom. More love I look forward to a time trodding to Australia Ethiopia land and giving Iases unto the Name of Ras Tafari. Selah

X

Messenger: Ras Wolf Sent: 12/10/2012 11:43:09 PM

We are all the ildren of the almighty, I and I as well as all bredren and sistren of all colour and ethnicitI.

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 12/11/2012 9:01:06 AM

Greetings Skeleton,

InI is just curious on who is the aboriginal people that you are talking about? InI is not from Australia but InI will like to oversatnd in full the I's heart when the I mentioned aboriginal. I know it means native or pertaining to, but who? Peace and love

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 12/12/2012 6:12:13 AM

..what kind of names is this??? "Ras X" - "Ras Wolf" and "Skeleton" ??

SHARAK BABAL

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I