Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4329&start_row=1

May 21 - rapture

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/17/2011 7:10:29 PM

Has the I them heard about these people that are saying that the Rapture is occurring on May 21 and the remaining people will be destroyed in October

I wonder what excuse they will have when May 21 comes and goes like any other day.

Harold Camping is the person behind this "prophesy". He "predicted" the end sometime in the 90s and when it didn't come he said he made a miscalculation.

Here are a couple of links about it.

http://www.familyradio.com
http://www.ebiblefellowship.com

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 5/18/2011 1:29:02 PM

People have been inaccurately predicting the end of the world for centuries, "Most people think great god will come from the sky."

I think there will be many more years before the final Judgement Day. The earth is 4.56 Ga in age and will be here many more years. Mitar Tarabic speaks of travel to other planets, that will require more technological advancement and will be farther in the future.

------------------------------
Man will travel to other worlds to find lifeless deserts there, and still, God forgive him, he will think that he knows better than God himself. There, except the eternal peace of God, he will see nothing, but he will sense with his heart and soul all of God's beauty and power. People will drive in rigs upon the moon and stars. They will look for life, but life similar to ours they will not find. It will be there, but they will not be able to understand it and see that it is life.
------------------------------

Mitar Tarabic

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 5/18/2011 1:36:09 PM

I saw this on the biblefellowship site, it says the world is only 7000 years old, LOL. Civilization is only 10,000 years old but the earth and solar system are billions of years old.

This is their reasoning of why 2011 is end of the world:

--------------------
We know that the year 2011 is the 7000th year from the flood. We also know that God will destroy this world in that year. But when in 2011 will this occur?

The answer is amazing. Let’s take another look at the flood account in the book of Genesis:

Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Faithful to His Word, God did bring the flood 7 days later in the 600th year, on the 17th day of the 2nd month of the calendar aligned with Noah’s lifespan. It was on this 17th day of the 2nd month that God shut the door on the ark, securing the safety of its occupants and also sealing the fate of everyone else in the world outside of the ark. They would all now certainly perish in that worldwide catastrophe.

Genesis 7:16,17 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in. And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

Earlier it was mentioned that the church age came to an end in the year 1988 AD. It so happens that the church age began on the day of Pentecost (May 22nd) in the year 33 AD. Then 1955 years later, the church age came to its conclusion on May 21st, which was the day before Pentecost in 1988.

The Bible teaches that the end of the church age would occur simultaneously with the beginning of the great tribulation:

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

On May 21st, 1988, God finished using the churches and congregations of the world. The Spirit of God left all churches and Satan, the man of sin, entered into the churches to rule at that point in time. The Bible teaches us that this awful period of judgment upon the churches would last for 23 years. A full 23 years (8400 days exactly) would be from May 21 st, 1988 until May 21st, 2011. This information was discovered in the Bible completely apart from the information regarding the 7000 years from the flood.
--------------------

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 5/18/2011 1:53:37 PM

InI have seen it on billboards here in Florida where InI now reside but haven't heard anything about it. The heading says " Cry Mighty unto God the Rapture is near." Give thanks for the info Eleazer.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/29/2011 12:02:39 AM

When he didn't disappear off the earth in his rapture, he said he misunderstood and it was a spiritual rapture, and still insisted that the end of the world will be October 21, which has alredy passed and the world is still here.

false prophet

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 10/29/2011 7:07:06 AM

Maybe he said that to appease his followers after taking so much money from them and his last prediction didn't come true. He should know that the Almighty is the only one who knows the true day of rapture.

Psalm 46;
JAh is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear,though the earth be removed,and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled,though the mountains with the swelling thereof. Selah.
There is a river,the streams whereof shall make glad the city of Jah,the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
Jah is in the midst of her;she shall not be moved:Jah shall help her,and that right early.
The heathen raged,the kingdomes were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he had made in the earth.
He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
Be still, and know that I am Jah: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us;the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Bless.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I