Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4261&start_row=1

Bobo fasting and celebrations

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 3/7/2011 8:49:23 AM

Blessed love Lord and Empress

I want to know something from the Boboshanti...
I read that Christ mass is celebrated two weeks somewhere in this book that I have.
what I specifically want to know is if there is a celebration, do I not fast on monday and wednesday? How long is the celebration? e.g Coronation, Marcus earthday, Congress day etc.
I didnt fast during the week of Congress cause I thought I was doing right.
also, do InI fast everyday of lent or just monday and wednesday? I heard another boboman say that I fast everyday. I know to keep away from milk, fish etc.
I heard some boboman say lent start March 9...I dont know where he got such info cause I have been starting from Feb 25 (to April 10).
There is no priest in Botswana so bear with I questions though there are nuff trodding Boboshanti this side.

Give thanks
Selah!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/7/2011 9:28:42 AM

March 9 is when the Catholic and most other Christian churches start lent, which is the day according the new Calendar (Gregorian calendar). RasTafarI people usually celebrate holidays on the same day as the Christian Orthodox, who use the old Calendar (Julian calendar). That is why I and I celebrate Christmas on January 7 instead of December 25.

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 3/8/2011 9:06:38 AM

I actually dont know the calendar. vital information, the I has.

Teach I more about that calendar please...

Blessed

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/8/2011 8:38:09 PM

Here is some information.

Julian Calendar

Gregorian Calendar

People used to use the Julian Calendar, but now most use the Gregorian. Orthodox and some others use the Julian Calendar. December 25 in the Julian Calendar is equivalent to January 7 in todays (Gregorian) calendar.

The Catholic and most other Christian churches observe the Gregorian Calendar, and instead of translating Christmas day to January 7, they shifted it back 13 days to December 25. Which translates to December 12 in the old (Julian) calendar.

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 3/14/2011 11:17:38 AM

I will have to have a look at that and learn something first. Truly apprecilove the teachmants, Honourable God!

Blessed love

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I