Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4246&start_row=11

Lost tribe of Israel

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/24/2011 9:39:53 AM

HeruSalem

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/17/2011 8:07:55 AM

greetings,

i thought joseph was a tribe of israel, why dont i see joseph on there cuz i heard marley from joseph.

one love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 6/17/2011 9:07:48 AM

I think the reason the I has heard of Bob Marley being from the tribe of Jospeph is because of the way the Twelve Tribes Rasta see it.
I'm not that familiar with that aspect of the Twelve Tribes but I know they use a calendar system to assign the 'tribe' to people. Since Bob Marley was born in February and he was trodding with the Twelve Tribes, he fits into the tribe of Joseph.
I'll see if I can find a bit more about it.

Blessed love.

Messenger: RasMoses Sent: 6/17/2011 12:20:45 PM

Yes I, Marley was the from the Tribe of Joseph. Look on Rastafarian.net for the Tribe Table. Selassie I is from the Tribe of Judah, if I and I adhered to the Table, I tribe would be of Gad. Marley was a Twelve Tribes, but contrary to their belief of Selassie I not being divine, Marley recognized H.I.M. as the Creator. I was told that Twelve Tribes is more lenient race-wise (not to bring any of that up, if I do, I apologize) and Marley, being ridiculed by Jamaicans as a "half-breed" or "mutt", found solace in this sect. But, in I opinion, he did have more of a Nyabinghi livity.
Ras

Messenger: ras deus Sent: 8/30/2017 2:22:15 PM

Mek no sense

Messenger: ras deus Sent: 8/30/2017 2:23:42 PM

Bob Marley was not biblically from the Tribe of Joseph. That is only what 12 Tribes uphold spiritually.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I