Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4211&start_row=1

Ras Tafari, the head of Creation, icon of divinity

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 1/14/2011 5:54:03 AM

"If there is One person who've been molding and influencing the lives of millions in the 20th century and beyond it is without doubt emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia. Although missed by a great amount of people who rather deal with ancient religious figures or at the other hand got hooked up in the sreaming overdose of what we may call actuality.

The influence of Haile Selassie I on peoples lives is that powerful that many without doubt label him as divine. If we take a close look how Haile Selassie I conscious or unconscious totally reshape the life of his followers, we must admit that a strong creative force is working here.

As soon as the news of the coronation of both Haile Selassie I and his lifelong partner Empress Menen reached for example the Carribean island of Jamaica, it gave people the power and strength to transform their lives from powerless victims of a cruel colonial system in fierce and proud transformers of their own destiny.

Just by hearing the news that a black man was crowned King of Kings, Lord of Lords and the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah, the same titles as prophesized in the bible, and by watching pictures of this event, completely changed the self-image of at that time powerless black masses.

Creation works in miracles as they say and this is surely the case with the tremendous creative force that the first Ras Tafaris found within themselves as a result of the coronation of the emperor and empress. Because there was no chance for most of the Ras Tafaris to meet the emperor in real life, the emperor got internalized.

It was no such an divinity ruling their life’s from a distant area like they've been conditioned to believe by Christianity, but they could actually feel his presence within themselves. Haile Selassie I became the mirror in which they could recognize their own creative and divine qualities.

There is a lot of this creativity which could by no means be traced back to the actual life of Haile Selassie I. Ras Tafaris were not instructed to follow their lives according given rituals and instructions, rather they found these within themselves. At that time there were no speeches of Haile Selassie I which could be used as an example to reinstall their lives. No, the creative fire was lit by the fact that an outside Haile Selassie I in Ethiopia, opened those to the inner Haile Selassie I within themselves.

Most of the idren and sistren for instance choose to live the vegetarian way. There were no instructions of whatsoever from Ethiopia to do so. But by reshaping their own lives and that of the world around them they recognized the divinity of all life.

The inner Haile Selassie I, or as the idren would say, the divine I, shines the rays of divinity in the outside world. This light reaches other idren, animals and nature itself.

Killing would be self-destruction because in the I of ones being there is no difference between the I within and the I outside. Mysticism in the purest sense of the word. Without factual knowing of their existence the idren and sistren lived a lifestyle which in a way reflects the ways of the mystic wandering monks of Ethiopia; the Batawi.

Idren and sistren claim that Haile Selassie I is the force in their lives to live a life which is newborn. The growing of the dreadlocks, the strive for self sufficiency and autonomy, the reshape of even the language which they use, the creative outburst of art, clothes, woodcarvings and music, it was all due to Haile Selassie I.

So according to idren and sistren Haile Selassie is the creator of their newfound lives. I think they are absolutely right because no force in history until that time succeeded to change the life from suffering to conquering.

Now in this time there is lot to know about the actual life of the emperor and his social, political and religious views. In his speeches we can trace his vision. I think by reading those speeches we discover a man who took up the burden of bringing the live of Ethiopians and Africans to a higher standard of living; a living in which slavery, colonialism, racism and fascism, religious division, poverty, illiteracy and poor health conditions will definitely belong to the past.

By knowing the words of the Emperor we see that a shift is taking place from inner creativity of the first idren and sistren to a more intellectual and religious approach of the younger generations of Ras Tafari. Although the Emperor refused to be seen as divine (NOT TRUE!), still people are reshaping their lives due to his example. I think a Creator is known by his/her works; creation and definitely Ras Tafari as Head of Creation, as his name suggest, is responsible for the creative life of millions.

Mystically spoken; it is the divine within Haile Selassie I which opened the way for I and I own divinity. This divinity will go on in creating new patterns within the livity. Patterns which might differ from what others within the livity are discovering, but still being performed in the spirit of His Imperial Majesty!

Nowadays a lot of tendencies are seen within the livity. Some choose to be christian, some are redirecting themselves to a more ancient African Roots and Culture, others following the Hotepway of ancient Egypt, some will find their light within the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia. But I think we never must forget the example of the first Ras Tafaris, because it were those that, as real mystics found divinity and the answers to questions of live, within themselves.

This story would not be complete by mentioning the mystic tradition of Ethiopia, the Batawis.

These mystics, often dreadlocked, living a vegetarian livestyle, are searching the divine within themselves. There are stories about one of those Batawis, Abba Qedus in which we might recognize the spirit of His Imperial Majesty.

As long we are not able to meet HIM face to face I think the answers to questions need to be found within I and I selves, likewise the Batawis and the first Ras Tafaris alike, did!

// One Love Roland van Reenen
SOURCE

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/14/2011 1:07:48 PM

if mi tek a guess an say this written by a white person would anyone call mi racist ? lol

InI Father is not an icon, He is not a representation, He is the I Am

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/14/2011 1:10:47 PM

"it gave people the power and strength to transform their lives from powerless victims of a cruel colonial system in fierce and proud transformers of their own destiny. "

when hav Black people, especially inna di carrybeyond, been powerless victims ?

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/14/2011 1:14:16 PM

"At that time there were no speeches of Haile Selassie I which could be used as an example to reinstall their lives."

Actually, the idren then knew very well the Word of His Majesty, and unlike we inna this time, they were hearing His words as He was making them and not much much later

do i have di energy fi go into this properly right now?
nuh, mi nuh think so

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I