Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4147&start_row=1

Debre damo

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/17/2010 2:12:07 PM

greetings,

if i were to get off probation, i would love to go to debre damo monastary

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 11/17/2010 6:25:04 PM

HOLY MOUNT ZION...THE CROWN HEAD

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/17/2010 9:51:27 PM

I sight what the Ras said about the vatican/Rome, how they try to infiltrate the country.

Here is something interesting about the Jesuits and Ethiopia:

--------------------------
The Roman Catholic Religious Order Priests, “The Jesuit’s” experience was very bitter for the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and it naturally led to the creation of very strong hostility towards anything European for a long period of time. During their short time in Ethiopia, the Jesuits had done a great deal of damage and they had seriously disturbed the spiritual stability of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Thus, immediately after the official expulsion of the Jesuit mission, there was a very long period of intensive doctrinal controversies within the Ethiopian Church which sadly, lasted for over two centuries. When these controversies are seen in the right historical perspective, it is very clear that they arose from the need to re-examine the doctrinal positions of the Ethiopian Church and to purify the Church from possible external influences still lingering even after the expulsion of the missionaries. The end result of all this was an intensive movement of literary and intellectual revival in the kingdom of Gondar. What is most impressive is that, despite the decline of the monarchy and the disintegration of the State into a number of regional entities during the so-called “Era of the Princes,” the Ethiopian Orthodox Church preserved its basic unity. And from the middle of the nineteenth century, when the monarchy started to revive once again, the Church resumed its historic role as the most important unifying factor in Christian Ethiopia.
--------------------------

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I