Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4139&start_row=1

Thorn In The Flesh

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/14/2010 2:09:40 PM

greetings,

I stated here before that when i was tempted i thought i was doomed, but the bible said i'm blessed? Let me explain what i mean, which can help some of the I if they are going through the same thing

Thorn in the flesh 2Corinthians 12:7-10
''And lest i should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of satan to buffet me, lest i be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing i pleaded with the Lord 3 times that it might depart from me. And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly i will rather boast in my infirmities,that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persucutions,in distresses, for Christs sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

So thats to say when i am weak, i feel the power and grace of Jah surrounding me, making things easier for me, and just protecting me. I was always thinking i need to be completely perfect without afflictions but i see when i am afflicted that when Jah works more on me.

Feel free to add the I comment. And i know i'm still a youth and a babe in this rastafari trod so i will take corrections and concrete criticism if the I feel this vanity or whatever.

Igzabhier yistilign

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/14/2010 5:55:07 PM

I think the I has missed the point slightly. I and I must still trod towards the perfect livity. I and I will still be pricked by this thorn but it is up to I and I to strive as hard as I and I can to overcome that. It is not an easy road. Iman and many other Idren would be liars if I and I said that I and I were trodding in an absolutely perfect livity and that I and I never once gave into temptation, but in that struggle, Jah blesses I and I. Though I and I are not yet perfect as Jah, He still blesses I and I with guidence through I and I tribulations so that I and I can foward in that journey. And it is in those tribulations that I and I see the Most High clearly.

When the I falls to temptation, what is the first thing that the I thinks of? If the I is anything like Iman, it is Jah. In moments of weakness, it is always Jah who is there to pick I and I up if only I and I will take the hand that He offers through His guidance.

That is how Iman sight it.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/14/2010 10:43:12 PM

If you look at infirmities as physical ailments, then Paul is speaking about sufferation because of his wickedness, not the wickedness itself. So it is the Fire that he accepts, as I reasoned before.

Fire is Good

Here is another Reasoning

=====================================================================
I know that Christ is the Son of God, and I also know that what Christ taught I and I is true and right, and is the teaching of Jah RasTafarI. So I learn from the ways Christ taught and I work to live that way. Yes gideon, I said work, I know work doesn't fit in to your excuse illusion, but when I resist a thought that is evil it is work until I have overcome that thought. When the thought is overcome it is no longer any work, because it is impossible for the thought to even tempt I. But until that time comes, it is work.

Christ taught I to Live in righteousness and to Live Perfect as I Father Jah RasTafarI is Perfect, so I will listen to I Father and Live so. And after reading all of Paul's message, I eventually saw that after all his ramblings that have caused so much confusion among those that call themselves believers, he eventually showed the same thing, that I and I must live in righteousness to be One.

But Paul made it easy for people to make excuses because he buried the needle of righteousness in a large haystack of confusion.

Here is one reasoning I made concerning this:

-------------------------------------------------------
From the reasoning
Romans 7 and 8

Here is a reasoning related to those Scriptures. It shows other scriptures of Paul that better explain what he is saying, showing that he is saying the same thing that Khamyl just said. Many don't like to think about the part I am going to show, because it goes against their philosophy of "acceptable wickedness" and being "saved by Jesus". But before I show the part about Paul, I will speak from the Christian Source, Christ.

I and I are to be One with Jah and One with Christ, not separate. But people would prefer to listen to the preacherman, or apostles, over the words of Christ. The sacrifice of Christ, was that he taught I and I Jah way, because he knew that he would have to sacrifice his body to teach I and I this, because he knew that babylon would crucify him for teaching the truth to the people. But he still showed I and I, he sacrificed himself for this. So when people forget his words and teachings, it is a disrespect to the sacrifice Christ gave in order to show I and I these words.

Christ said,
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

This is not a request, and Christ didn't say try to be so, but he said Be ye therefore perfect. And for people that think that the perfection is something less than this or that, Christ showed them, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. So this kind of perfection is the highest form of perfection there is.

The apostle Paul in some ways misleads the people by confusing them. Maybe he was trying to hide the truth so that only some will see, or maybe he was trying to mislead the people, and also inserting the truth, so the people could not speak against him. Only Jah knows this for sure, but the truth still can be seen in the words of Paul. The reason I say that his words are misleading is because he spends so much time sounding like he is saying that we are not required to live perfect, but are supposed to just repent and Christ will save us for our sins. And for only a couple of sentences he shows that the grace he is talking about doesn't make void the law (Law of Jah, not law of man), but the law is established.

Romans 3
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Some don't consider what he said above or the other things that he said to show the reality of righteousness, because they are so few in Paul's words. But some people do remember these words, but still don't require themselves to live in Jah way, they think that it will just happen one day when they die. But if people consider the words of Christ and read these words of Paul with Christ's teachings in mind, they will see the Truth. There is no law against righteousness, and if I and I are guided by Jah, then it is impossible to sin, so the law is of no effect for I and I. So by our choice, and the strength of Jah, I and I ways will be made perfect, because Jah will only guide I and I in perfection.

Galatians 5
13For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

I see this as saying when I and I walk in Jah Spirit, we will not sin

17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

So when I and I are led by the Spirit, I and I are not under the law because I and I are only walking in righteousness, because Jah Spirit would never guide I and I towards wickedness

Here are the works that are not of the Spirit. Laws do exist against these works, because they are sin

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The works of the flesh, which is called sin, include those things written above. It is not just the "big" sins like murder and others, but it also includes hatred, wrath, strife, envyings, drunkenness and revellings. So those that claim they are walking in the Spirit are only truly walking in the Spirit if they don't do these things. Otherwise, the most they could be doing is only partially walking in the Spirit.

Here are the fruits of the Spirit, which is called righteousness. No laws exist that are against these actions, so they are not under the law.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

So Christians have crucified the sinful part of theirself, and only walk in righteousness, because that is the only way Jah Spirit guides.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Selassie I also knew this, I have posted this before, but I will post it again.

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'.

Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

------------------------------------------------------------
From the reasoning

False Rasta,,them still deceiving the mass

Gideon, you said,

------------------
If anyone depends on works to save them they are putting their hopes in the law. It means that if they break the law even one time, even in the smallest sense, that they have no more hope of salvation, because they have broken the law in which they placed their hopes.
-------------------

That is not true, it shows in Ezekiel that if a person breaks the law, they need to repent of their ways and their wickedness will not be mentioned, but they will be remembered for their righteousness. So even those that are under the law have hope for salvation, this has always been so.

But I am not speaking about being under the law, I am speaking of the law being established. Those that sin are a slave to sin and are under the law, because there is a law against their actions. But for those that have faith, their faith in Jah will make their ways righteous, because they will listen to the voice of Jah when Jah directs them. So these are not under the law because no law exists that is against their actions because their actions are righteous.

You also said,

--------------
And what if you have faith but not the knowledge? Then your actions will still be wrong.
--------------

When I speak about faith, I see it as knowing that nothing is impossible for Jah and also trusting in Jah to guide I and I and provide I and I with what we need so that we have no want. So if a person has complete faith then it is impossible for them to do any wrong. It doesn't matter if they have no knowledge of certain things being right or wrong, if Jah speaks to them and they do as Jah directs, then they will not do any wrong, and their actions will lead to prosperity.

So I am not talking about trusting in works or depending on works or about works bringing salvation. I am talking about True and Complete Faith in Jah. How can someone have True, Complete Faith in the Most High and not listen when Jah speaks? If they don't listen to the Spirit of Truth that directs them in the path of Inity, then they are lacking in faith and they are also lacking trust in the Spirit of Jah. If they trusted Jah and had Faith in Jah, then they would heed to Jah direction.

Paul speaks about the importance of faith and grace but he also shows that when faith and grace is there, then righteousness is also there. And he shows that those that sin are a slave to sin and are not in the grace of Jah.

So again, as I have mentioned to the I many times in the past. I am not speaking about works being salvation. I am saying that what is on the inside must come out. So if there is faith, then the actions of the faithful must be seen, because that is something that comes from faith.
------------------------------------------------------------

Romans 7

=====================================================================

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I