Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4110&start_row=1

In the footsteps of His Majesty

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/3/2010 7:43:37 PM

Recently Iman came across a set of pictures of His Majesty taken during His exile and His state visit in 1954 in the town of Bath where Iman currently live and study at university. There were two pictures in this collection that Iman recognised instantly.

The pictures show HIM walking through a gatehouse that Iman walk through every day on the university campus that I live on and study at.
Iman feel blessed to be studying in a place where His Majesty walked.
In addition to this, Fairfield house, where His Majesty and the Imperial family lived during the exile from Ethiopia is just a ten minute bus journey from I. True to His wishes when He left the house to the city of Bath in 1954, it is still used as a day centre for the elderly of the community that was built on the grounds named Empress Menen gardens. Although when Iman visit the house on the 2nd of November, the door was locked and the building was not in use, the caretaker didn't mind I holding I meditation in the grounds for a while.

Here is a link to the picture collection for any who wish to view it.

His Majesty in Bath

Blessed love and guidence.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/3/2010 8:47:55 PM

Give Thanks My Lord for this information, I Read about His Imperial Majesty's stay in Bath in His Majesty's Autobiography My Life and Ethiopia's Progress Volume Two.

It is Blessed that the I Lives there, I would like to visit someday.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 11/3/2010 10:18:52 PM

Give thanks for the link, Blessed be for those who walk in the same path of rightousness as H.I.M.

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/5/2010 7:31:54 PM

I and I saw a documentary posted on here once made by Benjamin Zephaniah about His Majesty's time in Bath. I am wondering if anyone had a link to it? I've tried looking back a few pages and it was nowhere to be found. Perhaps Iman didn't look back far enough but I don't have the time at the moment to go back that far.

Blessed love and many thanks to anyone knows which documentary Iman am talking about.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/5/2010 7:57:01 PM

Footsteps of the Emperor Qadamawi Haile Selassie I

Pt 1

Pt2

Pt3

Pt4

Pt5

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/5/2010 8:03:02 PM

Here is something interesting that I sited earlier:

--------------------
I sight that RasTafari's presence in England was judgement for England's hypocrital ways. It was to seek refuge but it was also for judgement. If you look at the period when RasTafari was in England to when RasTafari triumphantly entered Ethiopia again, you will see that that was the exact same period that the Blitz happened.

The Blitz was the sustained bombing of Britain by Nazi Germany between 7 September 1940 and 10 May 1941, in World War II. The name is a shortening of the German term, "Blitzkrieg", or "Lightning War". While the "Blitz" hit many towns and cities across the country, it began with the bombing of London for 57 nights in a row. By the end of May 1941, over 43,000 civilians, half of them in London, had been killed by bombing and more than a million houses destroyed or damaged in London alone.

Look at that time period. And look when the Blitz ended. May 10, 1941. RasTafari triumphantly re-entered Addis Abbaba on May 5, 1941.

So England payed the price for their hypocritical ways. The English also spread rumours that Haile Selassie was low on funds and did not pay his bills. But Haile Selassie was low on funds because he had to support the large population of Ethiopian exiles living in England with him as well as in other countries. And everything was payed up afterwards.
--------------------

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/6/2010 6:23:27 AM

Give thanks for the link.

And I and I have thought similar Eleazar. Before and during His Majesty's exile, the English government turned their back on Him and they payed the price for ignoring His warnings at the league of nations and not giving the support promised by that covenant. They even assisted the Italians by allowing them to pass through the Suez canal with troops, munitions and supplies. Even once His Majesty arrived in England, they sent Him to Bath to stop Him causing a stir in London. Truly they reaped what they sowed when the war came to England.

As his Majesty said in His adress to the league:

"Should it happen that a strong Government finds it may with impunity destroy a weak people, then the hour strikes for that weak people to appeal to the League of Nations to give its judgement in all freedom. God and history will remember your judgement."

Selassie I remembers, that I and I know.

Blessed love.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I