Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4000&start_row=1

Should Rastafarians Arm Themselves?

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/14/2010 6:13:04 PM

This time I am not speaking of revolution per se. However I am speaking of a much simpler topic. What I am asking, is should Rastafarians bear arms for self defense?
The reason I ask this, is because I hear many Rastas say that we should not bear arms, that weapons are carnal, and that we as Rastafarians do not battle with carnal weaopns. We battle against spirits and principalities.

However on the other end of things, I hear some Rasta elders, such as Abuna(father)fox who is well respected among our people, instruct Rastafarians that they should carry a gun with them. Abuna Fox says it is okay to carry a gun for self defense.

Therefore I am asking my fellow Rastafarians, what do you think of this topic? Should we, or should we not carry a gun?

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 7/14/2010 6:28:21 PM

''Run come crucify the dread, time alone oh time will tell, think that ur in heaven but ur livin in hell'' he who kills with the sword shall perish by the sword!

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 7/14/2010 6:36:40 PM

No knifes, no gunz, no weapons of violence.

Peace and Love is what JAH RASTAFARI bring! And love is the strongest weapon!

I close with 7 words of true divine love; Jah is love, let us all love

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/14/2010 7:36:20 PM

I'm speaking about self defense. Is it okay for us to defend ourselves by carrying a gun? I was thinking especialy the women but men as well. Many people rob the women and try to hurt them.

What do you think we should have for the protection of our people?

Or should we move on faith alone?

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 7/14/2010 8:23:43 PM

As Berhane Selassie say, ''Jah love Jah love protect us''....

i was just thinking didnt berhane selassie sing ''i shot the sherriff''? was this an actual event? i'm really wondering!

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/14/2010 9:26:47 PM

@ Young Lion

lol

I love the youth dem.

No not an actual event young lion. But Jah know the pigs are unjust.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/14/2010 10:00:13 PM

In I opinion, it depends on a person's situation and surroundings.

If there is a high risk of being attacked by people with guns, then it might be a good idea to have a gun.

I think that most wouldn't need a gun, but I Iverstand that some might, or at least might think they do.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I