Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3993&start_row=1

Athyli

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 7/10/2010 3:30:13 PM

greetings,

i started my sabbath by reading the holy piby by athyli. so as i understand he is a saint directed by angels and the lord to bring the message to Ethiopians. I really love how he always said to not be slothful and to do something with yourself saying poverty and lazyness come from the devil, but also said it is better to be poor than to be rich and to have a wife thats heart is contrary to yours.

one reasoning i have is that he says, seek righteoussness with thy neighbor than the kingdom of heaven and all things shall be added to you, but christ say seek FIRST the kingdom of heaven and all things shall be added to you. ANy words of wisdom on this

blessed sabbath Jah Rastafari

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 7/12/2010 1:20:33 AM

InI think that it might have something to do with the times. In the time of Christ people were looking for a saviour or redeemer to brake them from their oppressers.So Christ said seek first the kingdom of heaven and all things shall be added to you. In Athyli's time they knew who the saviour or redeemer was and Athyli knew he had to get his people together and become as one nation again before they could reach the kingdom of heaven. That is just one thought InI will iditate more pon this for more clarity.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/12/2010 10:07:06 AM

Young Lion,

At first, I wasn't even going to bother replying to this post, because the I didn't put any reference to where in the Holy Piby the quote that the I was refering to was located, and based on past experience, I know I can't trust the accuracy of your quotes. This lack of reference is a fairly common occurance for you and it wouldn't be as big a deal if you actually quoted instead of just poorly paraphrasing. I didn't feel like spending the time trying to find the quote you are refering to so that I could see what was actually being said, and I wasn't going to blindly reply to your likely misrepresentation of the quote.

I changed I mind and decided to try to find the quote.

Here it is
----------------------
CHAPTER 4 - THE LAW PREACHED

Now in the year of 1917 A.D., Shepherd Athlyi first went about the City of Newark, New Jersey, U.S.A., telling of the Law and preaching concretation saying, I come not only to baptize but to concretize for the rescue of suffering humanity, for verily I say unto you, first seek ye righteousness toward men and all things will be added unto you, even the kingdom of God.
----------------------

The I should sight that your paraphrase was a misrepresentation of what he said.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 7/12/2010 12:14:02 PM

''first seek ye righteousness toward men and all things will be added unto you, even the kingdom of God.''

my point is what is more important seeking righteousness with neighbor or seek the kingdom of heaven. The greatest commandment of all is Love the lord with all thy heart,mind, soul, strength and then love thy neighbor as thyself. I can see what u sayin brderen aron, sort of like what Bob marley was doin gettin everyone together. well i guess its sort of like how can you love the God u dont see, and the neighbor u see u hate them? And also like u must have zion in ur heart before u enter mount zion, just the love and righteoussness.

Haile Selassie Empress menen

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/12/2010 1:43:23 PM

Young Lion, you said,
-------------------------
my point is what is more important seeking righteousness with neighbor or seek the kingdom of heaven.

Your point relates to your misrepresentation of the quote, but it doesn't relate to the actual quote.

He said,
first seek ye righteousness toward men and all things will be added unto you, even the kingdom of God.

He is not saying to seek righteousness toward men and then seek the kingdom of God (as you suggested), he is not saying that it is more important to seek righteousness toward men then it is to seek the kingdom of God. He is saying that if a person seeks righteousness toward men, then the Kingdom of God will be one of the things added unto them as a result.

Christ said,
--------------------
Matthew 6
[31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
[32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
[33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
--------------------

Seeking the kingdom of God is Learning to have Faith in Selassie I and seeking the mindset that Selassie I has laid out for I and I and changing our mind to think that way. Righteousness toward men is just one of the aspects of the Kingdom of God mindset.

So one way to interpret the quote from the Holy Piby is that seeking righteousness toward men is the beginning (and part) of seeking the Kingdom of God.

I thought you would Iverstand that your original paraphrase was a misrepresentation of what was actually written after I posted the actual quote, but by your response it seems like you don't really Iverstand that. Hopefully the I will Iverstand it now, and hopefully in the future, the I will spend more time to study what the I reads and if the I remembers a quote, the I will spend more time to verify the accuracy of your remembrance before asking people's opinion about your misrepresentation of the quote.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 7/12/2010 11:50:18 PM

Give thanks Ark I,that was the clarity the I was searching for. Young lion the I asked "how can you love the God you don't see,and the neighbor you see you hate them?" InI don't know if I overstand your question properly but the I doesn't need to see JAH phsycally, H.I.M. is in all the works around us and InI don't hate InI's neighbor even if they don't like I, to each is their own. If the I had another meaning behind it could you let InI know? Give Thanks.

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/13/2010 12:51:27 PM

@ Young Lion

What the prophet was refering to, was that if you are riteous to your fellow man, then the kingdom of heaven is yours. I have no probelm with that statement.

But ask yourself Young Lion, what does your power say to you? What is your inner strength giving you as instruction to get to the kingdom of heaven? Is the kingdom of heaven already in you, or are you looking for a physical manifestation? Either answer can be correct.

if one read the passages of Jesus, those which referred to the "kingdom of Heaven", one would think that Jesus was referring to a mystical place. Afterall, how can one seek the kingdom, if it is not already here? aaahhh but it was here. Jesus was the king who was to restore Israel back to greatness. However they rejected him, and killed him. Therefore our kingdom will have to wait until he returns. I explained this in the other thread titled "What will be the year".

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/13/2010 10:29:10 PM

They must seek the kingdom because even though it is there, many can't see it.

-----------------------
Luke 17
[20] And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
[21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
-----------------------

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I