Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3986&start_row=1

Land before Love

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/2/2010 6:44:18 PM

I was wondering, before the Native American, and the African Americans can be expected to love their oppressors, should not the white man return back the lands to the native Americans that he stole from us?

Should he not give reparations to the African Americans for building his country upon our shoulders?

As I stated before......"before a thief can be my friend, he first must give me my wallet back". How can a thief stick out his hand in friendship, and at the same time telling me to my face that he will not return my property?

We have always loved the white man, but he has never loved us.

We gave him food and shelter when he arrived in the new world.

We taught him how to feed himself in the harsh American winters.

We joined his military, and fought in all his wars.

We prayed to his white jesus

We saluted his flag,

We died in all his wars

And he beat us like dogs to the point of extermination.

So tell me, why should I love a person who has stolen from me, and not willing to return the stolen goods?

When Ethiopia was occupied, the Ethiopians drove the Italians from their land and killed them.

***For serious reasoning only***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ_quyOdnns

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/5/2010 12:20:15 AM

Yes I, the wicked that took the First Nations land should return the First Nation's land.

I have no disagreement with that, I have Reasoned the same thing many times here, I only disagreement is the notion of regarding all white people as the devils that took the First Nations land.

I ancestry is Serbian and I ancestors were downpressed and enslaved by the Ottomon empire for 500 years, it started around the same time the wicked people came to the First Nations land and stole it and brought African's as slave labour.

So to group I with your downpressors is a disrespect to I, and a disrespect to I ancestors, who were enslaved themselves. I ancestors didn't Live Perfect in the way of the Creator, and I don't pretend they are, but they are who they are, and they are not who they are not.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/5/2010 12:23:08 AM

The I said,
--------------------
When Ethiopia was occupied, the Ethiopians drove the Italians from their land and killed them.
--------------------

They killed who they needed to kill, but Look at the example of God Haile Selassie I

On this day which men of earth and angels of heaven could neither have foreseen nor known, I give thanks unutterable by the mouth of man to the living God who has enabled me to be present among you.

Today is the beginning of a new era in the history of Ethiopia. Since this is so, do not reward evil for evil, do not commit any act of cruelty like those which the enemy committed against us. Do not allow the enemy any occasion to foul the good name of Ethiopia.

We shall take his weapons and make him return by the way he came.

We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.

We believe in the peaceful settlement of all disputes without resorting to force.

And in accordance with the charter of O.A.U. we will strive to eradicate colonialism, racism and apartheid from the face of the earth, to frustrate the efforts being made by foreign powers to dictate the destiny of the African continent, and we will continue to stand.

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 7/8/2010 8:34:12 AM

"should not the white man return back the lands to the native Americans"

Yes, he should. But practically, how would the I deal with the matter?

- What is "the lands"? The whole american continent?
- What is to be done with the majority of the people of at least the northern part, white people?
- What about people with mixed ancestry? Should they give land if they have some or will they receive land?
- Who will make these decisions?

"When Ethiopia was occupied, the Ethiopians drove the Italians from their land and killed them."

It was their right to do so, but by this they also persecuted people that were loyal workers of H.I.M. but had the "wrong" skin colour at that moment.
Looking only at colour can make a freedom fighter kill the wrong one.
A shallow view on history and on individuals is dangerous.
The world is NOT ONLY black and white. There are many things in between.
People of all kind of colour can be on the righteous side, on GOD's side. Please remember that while demanding your rights.

Apart from that I fully agree that there is a need for the restoration of rights of so many downpressed peoples of the world. The present situation is not the way it should be.

Lots of work to do, my brother. Joined efforts should be the goal.

RASTAFARI

Sister Ifua

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/8/2010 12:53:50 PM

@ Ark I

I was unaware that you are of Serbian ancestry. I thought you were what the oppressor refer to as "black". In any event, I still hold my position, that you are an intelligent man, and your reasoning always lead to real resolutions, and not just fake rhetoric. Therefore I commend you on that.

I, like yourself, have something in common. We both know that Selassie I is God almighty incarnate in the flesh. No doubt in my mind. That being said, I do not dissmiss the words of the God and creator of Man who is as I stated earlier H.I.M.

I wish to God that all men could live peacefully side by side. I wish that we could do business economically one with the other, without one side or faction becomming envious of the wealth of the other. This behaviour is what leads to colonialism, and slavery. I wish through fair trade we could reap the benefits of natural resources, that this earth has to offer.

However as a black Cherokee, I am put into a postiton of being on the defensive. Like you my positon in life is soley based upon what my ancestors laid down, which you pointed out about your ancestors. Neither of us (you or me) had any dealings in what took place centuries ago, and may not have any direct dealings in this current oppresion today. However due to the lack of effectivness of my ancestors to defeat their enemies have placed me in a rather uncomfortable position as a warrior. Being that I wish for peace first whereever and whenever possible.

I mean no disrespect to my ancestors, nor yours, but our positions today is a direct result of their weaknesses as a people. To subjegate others is a weakness. Also it is a weakness to fall prey to invaders. Before any empire falls, it must first fall from within. The advantages that "whites" have in this current system, is a direct result of colonialsim and slavery, which have trippled Europes food supply, and doubled her wealth. This is not something to habor inwardly as hate, but rather a recognition that we are now fighting an uphill battle to recliam our destiny as a people. Slavery and colonialsm, has put the white man out front. And when you are out front, and no nation can judge you (as described in Revelations), then you sit a Queen, able to prognerate all manners of unjustice. Is not the United States government based on a 3 teir system? Judicial, Executive, and legislative? This ensures that there is a system in place for checks and balances. But as powerful as the white man is, nobody can put him in check. Revolution is the only asnwer. There is a time when dialogue is no longer feasible.

If there are white men who are of good nature, such as your words lead me to believe, then fight along with me to end the system of oppression over the indigenous people's of this planet. After all we both believe in the same God King.

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/8/2010 1:00:21 PM

@ Sister Ifua

My dear sister, my time has limit me right now to only responding to ARK I, because he posted first in response to my opening post. However once I return home this evening, I will answer all your questions that you have asked of me.

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/8/2010 6:11:48 PM

@ Sister Ifua

You have some very excellent questions my sister. I just hope my answers are just as excellent, and practical to the safety and secutiry of my people.

First and foremost let me start out by saying that I am glad that you have taken an intrest in the revolution reasoning thread. It is good to see that the femi9 spirit is alive to even inquire about such reasoning. In all of the struggles of the black man and Native Americans, we have always been proud of the defiant stance that our sisters have taken right along side us. I know you may not see it, but in all actuality, it is her energy that keeps the revolution alive. (another topic for another time).

To answer directly about what land is to be given, I address as follows. That would include the two entire continents of North and South America. I mention both of these continents, because nobody can argue any other people being indigenous to those lands but my people. Unless ofcourse you run into a Moor during a debate. (another topic for another time).

Now one must ask, what do I mean by give the land? when one begin to speak of land returning back to it's rightful owner, usualy chivers creap down the backs of listeners. I say that, because, all one has to do is have a vague memory of Zionism, and how the state of Israel was developed, and currently running. Zionism claimed that Israel is the home to Jews, and have taken a position of reclaiming the land for themselves. The white Jew has no probelm distinguishing what an authentic Jew is. No questions of mixed people as you have indicated, no mention of people in between. Also no mention of the world being not only in terms of Jew or Gentile. If israel can say you are either Jew or gentile, then why can I not divide my reclaimed land between black and white? Blacks have been in America for 500 years now. We have had less time than the Jew to mix our blood with those in our region. Yet the Jew has been in existence since Jacob/Israel. Yet the Jew does not give an inch when it comes to claiming Jewish ancestry......interesting isn't it?!?!?!?

That being said, I do not rationale as the Jews do when it comes to reclaiming land. My strategy is a bit more sane. I do understand that mix blood will ocuur. I above all should know, because I am mixed. As I stated earlier I am a black Cherokee Indian. I know that if we begin to divide in terms of black and white, then we will damage some of our own people simply, because they do not meet the staus quo when it comes to ethnic appearance. There are some Native Americans who look white. And then there are some Native Americans who look blacker than some Africans. We can not judge by looks.

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/8/2010 6:30:57 PM

@ Sister Ifua continued

Let us examine how the current system makes decisions based on land grants and college loans/scholarships. If one can proove that they have Native American ancestry in their blood, then they are open to receive certain grants for school and housing as indicated by the United States federal Government. You can visit their offical web page for more details. But the point that I am making here, is that we have the technology and ways to determine who our people are based on DNA. Therefore for me, there is no confusion what so ever when it comes time to hand out revolutuionary spoils to my people. That is the easy part to determine. But let me get to the core of the questioning, which you addressed referring to "What will happen to those that we see as white" once we come to power.

First I must say that I have the spirit of Selassie I, I am a peaceful person. I in good conscious can not slaughter people and then stand as a hypocryite telling people that I believe in God. All I want to do is liberate my people. I do not call for mass extermination. If we began to exterminate, or engage in ethnic cleansing, then we are no better than those we refer to as devils/deceivers. Our job is to bring light to the world. Selassie I was crowned light to the world. Therefore if we as his people uphold his name, then we too must be "light to the wotld". In following my father's footsteps I too wish to see all indigenous people's free. But not at the cost of mass extermination of the enemy.

When we come to power, it will be achieved via military might, which mean that the enemy will surrender. Upon surrender, there are terms and conditions of surrender. NO MASS EXTERMINATION! As Selassie I stated, we will ubnarm the enemy, and send him back from where he came. However those who are willing to live under the law of the Great Spirit, and live in peace with their fellow man, are welcome to stay. A new constituion will be drawn up, written by the hands of the original land owners. This time the words of freedom will be heard all over the world. And not in words only, but in deeds.

I am sorry that I can not give military strategy on an open forum, but no women or children will be harmed. No civilians either. No sneak attacks, or terroism. Our enemies will be met face to face on a sellected/prepared battlefeild. This may sound elementary to you, but I can not disscus open strategy.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 7/9/2010 12:46:50 AM

InI agree that we should get back that was taken from InI's ancestor's for I am of native american and white decsent. InI also know that it will take time just as it took time with Ethiopia. Babylon has a way of destroying itself just as history has shown and written. Sellasie I opened the seven seals and started the Revelations and babylon is destroying itself as we speak now. Once baylon has fallen then we will be able to take back that was our's in the begining and learn from past mistakes.

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/9/2010 12:37:53 PM

@ bredren aaron

It warms my heart to hear from my fellow kinsmen. Like yourself, I too am mixed blood. I come from cherokee decent and African American decent. I consider myself black Cherokee.

I am glad to see that our people have not forgotten the old ways, nor lost our conscious minds to this Babylonian madness. It is good to see conscious warriors among our people.

When Babylon fall, it will be a great day among our people !

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I