Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3918&start_row=1

THE DIFFRENCE

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RASKISHO Sent: 4/19/2010 11:23:23 AM

CAN ANYONE TELL INI THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN SOMETHING THAT IZ TRADITION AND SOMETHING THAT IZ CULTURAL THE REASON INI ASK THIS IZ BECAUSE INI FEEL THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE MIXING UP DOING SOMETHING THAT IZ TRADITIONAL AND CALLING IT CULTURE SO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIZ FOR INI ARK I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/28/2010 10:26:46 PM

I would be interested to know the context of why the I ask this question to better Iverstand what the I sight is being mixed up.

In a general sense, I would say that a tradition can also be cultural, but it can also not be.

The word culture can be associated with a group of people, tribe, nation and other things. So traditions that apply to a nation in general (with some possible exceptions), would usually be considered part of their culture; but traditions of individuals or groups within that nation, that don't generally apply to the nation, are not part of the culture of the nation, but may be part of the culture of the group within the nation.

I don't know if this answer is helpful to the I, but if the I Reason about what the I sights is being mixed up, I might be able to give a better answer.

Messenger: RASKISHO Sent: 4/29/2010 2:08:31 PM

yes i i man ova's wah deh man ah seh dat deh set i man mind at ease iyah. just i man went to a program for i youth and dem people was dancing to A dance i know to be a slave master dance wah dem use to dance ina them big hall pon dem plantation and them bigging up dem selves now encouraging deh youth dem to follow dis tradition but i say dem thing deh iz them tradition not my culture it hurt my heart i wanted to get up out my chair and chant dem down telling dem youth folly ,i had to tell my youth dat we not going back to anything like dat.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I