Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3875&start_row=1

meaning

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: osar Sent: 3/1/2010 9:04:36 AM

in psalm 9 hig-ga'-ion

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/1/2010 11:36:41 PM

I don't know, but here is what I found with a google search.

-----------------------------------------
Higgaion: AVS TEV
a liturgical or musical notation
meditation; consideration
Hebrew
Strongs #01902: Nwygh higgayown
1) meditation, resounding music, musing
1a) resounding music
1b) meditation, plotting
1902 higgayown hig-gaw-yone'
intensive from 1897; a murmuring sound, i.e. a musical
notation (probably similar to the modern affettuoso to
indicate solemnity of movement); by implication, a
machination:-device, Higgaion, meditation, solemn sound.
see HEBREW for 01897
Higgaion [EBD]

in Ps. 92:3 means the murmuring tone of the harp. In Ps. 9:16 it is a musical sign, denoting probably a pause in the instrumental interlude. In Ps. 19:14 the word is rendered "meditation;" and in Lam. 3:62, "device" (R.V., "imagination").
Higgaion [NAVE]
HIGGAION
See: Music.
HIGGAION [SMITH]
(meditation), a word which occurs three times in the book of Psalms -- (Psalms 9:16; 19:14; 92:3) (margin). The word has two meanings, one of a general character, implying thought; reflection , and another, in (Psalms 9:16) and Psal 92:3 Of a technical nature, the precise meaning of which cannot at this distance of time be determined. (Canon Cook says that it probably means an interlude giving musical expression to the feelings suggested by the preceding words.--ED.)
HIGGAION [ISBE]
HIGGAION - hi-ga'yon, hi-gi'-on (higgayon): The meaning of this word is uncertain. Two interpretations are possible; the one based on an allied Arabic root gives "a deep vibrating sound," the other derived from the Greek versions of Ps 9:16, where we read higgayon Celah, takes it to mean an instrumental interlude.
-----------------------------------------

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I