Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3849&start_row=1

greeting RASTAS

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: rastaman_zion Sent: 2/5/2010 1:05:22 AM

How would I be able 2 purchase a rasta bible

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/5/2010 1:23:05 AM

The regular bible is RasTafarI Bible.

Messenger: rastaman_zion Sent: 2/5/2010 1:47:28 AM

So you sayin the holy bible is the rasta bible

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 2/5/2010 2:31:05 AM

the hola ible is the Rasta ible. :-I

there is no such thing as a Rasta ible. people like to think seh we come up wit fable and ting fi stand out from xtians etc but da ible many people read, a dat we read too cah it is da hola ible. selam.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/5/2010 8:25:15 AM

Read the Words of RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I:

"WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal."

Bible

Messenger: Kebra Tsyon Sent: 2/7/2010 4:03:48 PM

QADAMAWI HAILE SELASSIE Ises.

In fact the Ethiopian Tewahedo Canon is a little bit different from the KJV of the Bible, ther's some books that in the western version of the Metsaf Qeddus (the holy book) are classified as apocrypha.
These are:the book of Jubelees, Enoch, Revelation of Ezra, 1 Ezra, 1-2-3 Maccabees (that are different from KJV) e the division in two books of Proverbs (the second book is called "Tagsas"), Daniel (the second is called "Susanna") and Psalms (psalms 1-150 and the psalm 151 read during the Coronation of HIM). In 1961 the EMPEROR pubblished the revised version of the bible, traslated from the ge'ez to amharic with the following canon:
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1-2 Samuel, 1-2 Kings, 1-2 Chronicles, Jubelees, Enoch, Ezra, Nehemiah, Revelation of Ezra, 1 Ezra, Toby, Giudith, Esther, 1-2-3 Maccabees, Job, Psalms, Psalm 151, Proverbs, Tagsas, Winsdom of Solomon, Qohelet, Song of Solomon, Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach,Isaiah, Jeremiah, Baruc, Lamentation, Ezekiel, Daniel, Susanna, Hosea, Amos, Micah, Joel, Obadiah, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Gospel of Mattew, of Mark, of Luke, of John, Acts of Apostoles, Romans, 1-2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1-2 Tessalonians, 1-2 Timoty, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, 1-2 Peter, 1-2-3 John, James, Jude, Revelation.
This is the canon as established by HIS MAJESTY HIM self.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/8/2010 7:31:47 PM

I would like to read those books like Revelation of Ezra that are unique to the Ethiopian Canon. I have read Enoch and Maccabees, but I haven't read a lot of the others.

I have a KJV Bible that I use to read from, its better than using catholic translation (you wont find the word JAH in a catholic version), although KJV certainly has its faults. I taped a picture of Selassie I over the white Iyasus picture on I Bible.

Is there an English translation of the authorized Amharic Bible? If so, I would very much like to purchase one.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I