Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3819&start_row=1

Is Babylon the Great a physical place or a mental one?

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Life Africa Sent: 1/19/2010 6:26:37 AM

Greetings

I am posing this question to the I's, because I hear so many of my brothers split on this topic that I commune with. Many say it is a spirtual place that is in your mind. I know in revelations, it states, "Babylon the Great will be destroyed in just 1 hour, and the smoke will be seen comming from the great city. And all the kings who made her rich and did business with her, shall weap as she burns. It also states that God will stur up the Medes to destroy her with fire. After which Babylon the Great will become a wilderness and uninhabitable by humans. It also states for us to leave her my people, so that we do not become partakers of her plagues". Now if this seems to sound like a mental place for some, can any of my brothers show the I how? Personaly I feel that Babylon the Great is an actual physical place. What do the I's say?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/19/2010 8:10:48 AM

Here is something I wrote before on babylon:

Babylon in the Old Testament refers to Babylon of the Chaldeans, a people who had their kingdom's capital on the historical city of Babylon between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. This is the Babylon of Nebuchadnezzar II, the one that conquered the Kingdom of Judah and took the Jews to the rivers of babylon. The other tribes of Israel were conquered by the Assyrian empire before that. The Assyrian empire was based in what is nowadays northern Iraq. Babylon of the Chaldeans was conquered by Cyrus the Great, King of the Persians. Cyrus allowed the Jews to return back to Judah and rebuild the Temple.

Mystery Babylon in Revelation refers to a spiritual babylon (spiritual wickedness in church and state). There is no single location of mystery babylon, but describes many places. The empire ways of babylon were passed on to the succeeding empires ie (persia, greece, rome, the nations which sprung from rome-england, france, spain, germany, russia, the colonies of europe). the catholic church sprung from the roman empire as well, the city of rome sits on the seven hills spoken of in revelation. the popes sprung from the roman emperors "pontifex maximus"

The babylonian kingdom of today is the usa, the US military even has a military base on the physical site of babylon. The US controls the world through its enourmous influences (military bases, economy, and culture). I believe the USA will be succeeded by a unified European Union with the pope at its head.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/22/2009 9:56:47 PM

Revelation 17:4

[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
[6] And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
[7] And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
[8] The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
[9] And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
[10] And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
[11] And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
[12] And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
[13] These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
[14] These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
[15] And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
[16] And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
[17] For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
[18] And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

[14] These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Selassie I is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords which Revelation speaks of, Iyesus Christ is the Lamb.

Messenger: Life Africa Sent: 1/19/2010 8:30:09 PM

Thankyou my brother

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I