Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3806&start_row=11

Me no have no friends?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/10/2010 7:08:35 AM

and remember one thing

everything yuh can say about brothers and sister, whether good or bad, mi can say the same about friends
so dem yah argument have no leg fe stand pon

and if yuh waan fe ask mi this
"In the HIGHEST society why call eachother friends when we are all familly and one?"

yuh should first ask Christ, why yuh call us friends

and He woulda tell yuh, because I Am your friend who lay down Him life for yuh

lol, and i do not think yuh woulda tell Him, but friends dont last forever, so dont tell i that either

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/10/2010 7:24:43 AM

"If the I mean friend beeing like brothers, no problem"
"making friends is a nice thought if that means treating eachother like brothers and sisters. "

dat is where yuh go wrong, yuh see, totally wrong

I hope yuh can sight what mi a say now

the truth is , Making friends means treating each other like brothers and sister ; And Treating each other like brothers and sisters means making friends.

yuh see it ?

What is the use of having brothers and sisters if we are not friends with our brother and sister ?
nothing, then we are just brother and sister only by name

said way, What is the use of having friends if we dont treat our friends like brother and sister ?
nothing, then we are false friends

yuh see it ?
Now do yuh see how silly it is to divide these words and upgrade one word and downgrade the other word
when both words go hand in hand ?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/10/2010 10:42:48 AM

Young Lion,

"Me no have no friends, inna HIGH society" - refers to the rich downpressers like others have said.

"Rasta don't work for no CIA"

Read this reasoning:

ReggaePeople

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/11/2010 12:50:07 AM

The thing that makes people say such things like preferring brothers and sisters to friends, is that friend has become a very loose term to many in these times.

Some people come like they are friends, but they act more like enemies. And Idren of mine calls these kinds friendenemy.

Fikre Jahnhoi, I was trying to figure out why the I is making such a deal about people's interpretation of the word friend and character, but then on the other side defending people's interpretation of a word like dog.

I figured out something, I might be wrong, but I will say it anyway. One thing I wonder, if what I think I might have figured out is true, I wonder if it was a conscious intention on your part, or just a natural movement that the I didn't even realize yourself.

When people are changing the interpretation of a word like character, or friend, they are taking a word which is normally interpreted in a Positive and Righteous way, and lowering it away from that. And then in the case of people changing the interpretation of a word like dog, they are taking a word that is normally interpreted in a low and unrighteous way, and making it into a positive word.

So the one change of interpretation, in a sense gives a word to evil, and the other takes it away from evil and brings it to goodness.

If the I doesn't think this is the reason, then let I know why, I am curious.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/11/2010 4:31:38 AM

The i is wrong to group all these words together. Friend, dog, character, are all different words, and i reasoned about them for different reasons, so im not sure why they are all together here.

I will first deal with dog

The i is claiming that i am defending peoples interpretation of the word dog
This i think is wrong,
i wasnt defending peoples interpretation of the word dog.
Interpretation is an act done on the part of the "listener" and
not the "speaker", correct i if i am wrong
So what i man was actually defending was the USE of the word, yuh see me ?

The whole idea of that post was, to put it in a word, "tolerance"
The purpose of that post was for ini to be careful and not hasty so ini can avoid unessessary clashes between cultures.
I can even forget about "dog" right ya now, cos the i gave an even better example than i did with the word "wolf" and how ini use that word and how they use it different inna the native american culture.
The idea was the same
That post was to promote overstanding of other ppls culture before casting judgement.
So that the next time a youth come and say, "whats up dog?" to i, i nah need fe get bent all outta shape and say, who the F are yuh calling dog.?
Atleast i coulda say something like, "brethren, mi know that where yuh come from, yuh say dog inna positive sense, so mi know you dont mean any insult, but inna my culture, that word
has negative connotations, so please do not refer to i as dog."

Are we alright on that point ?

Now the i say, "Some people come like they are friends, but they act more like enemies."

I already said whatsoever yuh can say about "friends", i can say about "brothers and sisters"
so taking what the i said, i will say
Some people come like they are brothers, but they act more like enemies.

so, whats the point of dat then ? dem yah argument fe dash way right now

And i am curious, when did we start changing the meaning of words because of what "some people" do?

So, if i take what the i said, and i say
Some people come like they are righteous but they act more like heathen.

So what are we to do then ? Should we say the word Righteous has become loose to some people, so dash it way ? is it suddenly a negative word now ?

nah make no sense to i

Now, concerning the fifth paragraph the i wrote, i will divide it into two parts

First
"When people are changing the interpretation of a word like character, or friend,
they are taking a word which is normally interpreted in a Positive and Righteous way, and lowering it away from that."

And i say that is impossible to do, and it is a futile and unnessessary excercise.
Yuh cant do that, Friend will always mean friend, no matter what yuh or i say, Character is character.
How can friend mean anything else but friend ?
Alright, granted, yuh can choose to divide it into good friendad friend, also Character, into
goodand bad character, but then yuh can do that with any word,
good brotherad brother, True righteousnessFalse righteousness etc

I already wrote the definition of friend
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
a person who gives assistance; patron; support
a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile:

so how do yuh "lower" that ?
When Bob say, mi nah have no friend inna high society, isnt he saying,
mi no have no one who has personal regard or affection for ini inna high society
mi no have no one who gives ini assistance and support inna high society ?

inna dat quote from Nordman, he say, Rasta make friends in all camps
isnt he saying Rasta have personal regard and affection for people of all walks of life
isnt he saying ini are on good terms and not hostile to people all over
isnt he saying ini give ini assistance and support to all people, not caring about race or nationality

how do yuh lower that ?

The next thing the i said
"And then in the case of people changing the interpretation of a word like dog, they are taking a word that is normally interpreted in a low and unrighteous way, and making it into a positive word."

Alright, i will give yuh that dog is inna kinda grey area on this point,
so i will take your Wolf example right now instead of dog.

So if yuh try ask the same question with the word wolf, yuh woulda see that
yuh cyant say "taking a word that is normally interpreted in a low and unrighteous way, and making it into a positive word"
why ?
Because this is not about singularity, yuh have to see it inna plural sense. yuh must have two or more parties to sight what mi a say
what i mean by that is, this was more about how two or more different cultures or Trods deal with each other. Its not about one culture suddenly deciding, this word no longer means what it has always meant until now
I wasnt speaking about interpreting a word "normally" and then
tomorrow change its meaning
What i was speaking about was one culture using a
word "normally" (to that culture), while at the same time, another culture using
the same word also "normally"(to that culture), but being that they are two different cultures, they might use dat word with totally different meanings, for totally different purposes

Now to deal with your question, why am i making a big deal.

lol, alright here it is,
This was all in truth less to do with any of those words or their use or their interpretation and much more to do with Simplicity over complications.

Yuh see mi, i dont like when i see i idren say things like, I dont have friends, only brothers and sisters, and dem a act as if, somehow, them a fighting babylon down.
See it, right ya now, a man is just reasoning with i, and mi a reason with the man as a brethren, but mi tell yuh, if one day the man find himself inna de midst of babylon, and him a say, mi no have no friend,only brother and sister, and him a act all
mighty and high,like him know better, and babylon say, explain that then, defend your reasoning,
if him try the same argument he come to i with, mi tell yuh straight, babylon woulda eat him alive, yuh think babylon easy ?

But what does it profit i to prove mi bredrin wrong ?
nothing,
does it make i a better person? stronger?
No, actually, i coulda even get disrespected for even trying.
But mi bredrin, he get all the profit
So mi keep do it still cos it make i happy, not happy to prove mi bredrin wrong, but to see him pon the Right

Cos bredrin, Rasta a no jump up jump up thing
Rasta is Ididtation, Careful considerations, dont make a step
before yuh know what yuh stepping on

This is why i made a big deal, yuh see me ?

Did the bredrin carefully consider what Bob was saying, no, he just jump up talking about HIGH society, which makes no sense
So the i corrected him, good

And then mi see the man still say mi no have no friend just brothers and sisters

so what mi a try fe do, mi try fe tell him, yuh should stop putting your mind through these futile exercises that have no basis inna reality, these things only end up becoming baggage fe carry
So this wasnt really about dog or friend or brother,,,,
but mi look and say, if the man a complicate such a simple matter to such an extent that he dont even know what a person mean when he say Friend, then mi say
to miself, if he complicate this little thing so, then it is very likely that he is complicating other things inna him meditation also
So mi try fe tell him, simplify, stop the silly complications.
Because i felt that, if i could help him see how he can simplify this little thing, he will learn fe simplify other things for himself.
A friend is a friend, simple as that, no need to burden yourself by dividing into good and bad friend, cos lol, there is no such thing as a bad friend in reality
Either yuh are friends, or yuh are not.
if a one is a bad friend to yuh, why even bother call him friend ?

But did he ididitate on what i was saying, did he consider carefully ?
No, i know,i did not
he just saw the words i use like "silly", and he is eager to reply
and in something like 10 to 20 minutes, he come back to
tell i what i am doing is silly cos i am arguing.
That is not Rastafari way as far as i am concerned.
Thats why i made a big deal

Now , i have made it as simple as i can

What is the use of having brothers and sisters if we are not friends with our brother and sister ?
nothing, then we are just brother and sister only by name
said way, What is the use of having friends if we dont treat our friends like brother and sister ?
nothing, then we are false friends.

If yuh waan dat any clearer, everywhere it say "friend", just insert the definition of friend and yh can see
what is the use of having brothers and sisters if we dont have personal regard for one another, if we dont have affection for one another, if we dont assist each other, support each other, if we are not on good terms, if we are hostile to each other ?
Who wants brotherhood without friendship ?
Its like a person tell yuh that them Love yuh, but them no Like yuh
lol,

Yuh nah see why Christ say INI are His friends ?
Yuh nah see how much Honor is in that?
Yuh nah see that He is Choosing yuh for who yuh are and who yuh can be and not for what yuh are?
We have but One Father, One Mother, obviously, we are all brothers and sisters, we are one family.
Remember that, even them we call heathen, they are your family, your brothers and sisters
But who are your friends ?
Friends to my Friend (Christ), dem a mi friends
Nuff inna dis world are NOT mi friends.
Mi Love everyone, but mi nah like nuff people

If anyone can dispute that,or "lower" that, i will be happy to reason, until then, i will consider this reasoning finished, atleast for i .

Give thanks for taking the time
Blessed

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 1/11/2010 9:03:03 AM

I apprecia-love the term 'frenemy'. Thats just the truth.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 1/11/2010 9:37:43 AM

Fikre Jahnoi,

I will not argue the words of christ. I take Christ by the word.

I have done a lot of thinkink and meditating upon the matter and of course why deal with "babylon-meaning" of the word as it is not what InI are supposed to. This has complicated things and that is of no use to I.

A friend is a idren and a idren is a friend.

I saw this clear when reasoning with I oldest son yesterday. Treat your brothers and sister like friends and you frinds like familly. simple, truth and all love. That is I way, the natural way and is equal to the I's word. I say its I way because it is I way. The thing is that, as its been said, many so called friends, AND brothers and sisters, don't live up to the words and terms have become loose. Still the I is right, it is babylon way and why deal with it. Friend is a idren and idren friends until they reveal themself as others. Bless

The I's word have come to use already and in I relationship. Give thanks. I admit being too eager to that "silly" respond but are also eager to humble Iself when truth is sighted.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/11/2010 11:27:05 AM

Fikre Jahnhoi, I sight what the I is saying now.

I wanted to say something in relation to this:
---------------------------------
if the man a complicate such a simple matter to such an extent that he dont even know what a person mean when he say Friend, then mi say
to miself, if he complicate this little thing so, then it is very likely that he is complicating other things inna him meditation also
So mi try fe tell him, simplify, stop the silly complications.
---------------------------------

I know what the I mean by that. I see some people that imagine all kinds of foolishness over words, because they get carried away with changing the meaning of them. Even the example of using the word Jah to refer to God. They say things like Jah has a similar sound to this word in that language, which represents an evil characteristic, so that means Jah is evil and should not be used to refer to God. Even though Jah in the way I and I use it, was not derived from the language they are refering to, and doesn't have a meaning like that at all.

Messenger: WarriorsConquer Sent: 1/12/2010 3:07:09 PM

Friendship is a relation of peers. I dont sight Rastafari as dealing with such ting.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 12/17/2010 4:17:47 AM

Greetings!

iman had to bump this thread as I have kept it in mind and thought a lot about it.

It's was a great lesson to I and since then I have seen many falls in the forum where similair situaton have arised and plenty of people have seem not to be willing to humble themself.

It's a try and a test everytime I and I have to give up foolish thoughts that seem to stick on ones mind. The reward after letting go and purification is always there and it is a great joy to rise by the word of Jah!

I man give the most humble thanks for the reasoning and lesson for life!

rastafari!

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I